DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: ELITE EIGHT - CENA vs. REIGNS

JOHN CENA vs. ROMAN REIGNS  

136 members have voted

1. 1. THE FRANCHISE vs. THE FUTURE FRANCHISE

Reigns' work in the Survivor Series match was pretty damn boss. Go back and watch him sell the situation and then immediately game plan a way to protect himself and win the match. It really shows that he has an awareness for telling a story and he utilizes his body language and wrestling to enhance that story, really well. He also does this in tag matches where he is constantly engaged and reacting to what's happening in the ring. He's not just an improviser sitting on the back line waiting to tag in and start his scene. He's always apart of the scene, and always "Yes And'ing"

John Cena is the suck, bubba.

I'm out of likes, but this is glorious.  Now that your work here is done, you have some emergency vote-changes in the Ambrose one to get to. 

Didn't your computer beep when you were called there?

Reigns has a ton of great stuff this year.

Cena has the best match of the period (Bryan), the best in-ring moment of the period (the slap exchange with Bryan that paid off a great promo segment and the announcers totally failed to get) and the most impressive performance in a match in recent WWE history (HE GOT A REALLY GOOD MATCH OUT OF DAMIAN SANDOW!  THAT IS THE ONLY GOOD SANDOW MATCH EVER FOR FUCK'S SAKE!)

Cena also has the Cesaro match, and was the best man in the ring in the matches he had against The Shield.

• Like 1

Cena has had the better year.  I know that.  But I'm just so tired of him, and I don't really care about him or his matches.

Roman Reigns is the future.  I know that.  But does he deserve to be in the final four?

I'm going to have to think about this one.

• Like 1

Cena has had the better year.  I know that.  But I'm just so tired of him, and I don't really care about him or his matches.

Did you not care about his match at SummerSlam? Did you not care about the match with Cesaro?

I care about them just fine. I just care about SHIELD/Rhodes and SHIELD/Wyatts just as much, and Reigns doesn't bore me to tears most of the time.

Cena has the best match of the period (Bryan), the best in-ring moment of the period (the slap exchange with Bryan that paid off a great promo segment and the announcers totally failed to get) and the most impressive performance in a match in recent WWE history (HE GOT A REALLY GOOD MATCH OUT OF DAMIAN SANDOW!  THAT IS THE ONLY GOOD SANDOW MATCH EVER FOR FUCK'S SAKE!)

Cena also has the Cesaro match, and was the best man in the ring in the matches he had against The Shield.

Almost all of this is baloney. 

• Like 2

Buffy was Joss Whedon's juvenalia...before his actual adult career began two years ago.

If we go March to March, Cena/Bryan isn't match of the year, it's not WWE match of the year, it's not Daniel Bryan's best match, and it's not even John Cena's best performance of the year.

Damien Sandow had good tag matches against Team Hell No and Cody Rhodes had that kick ass singles match with him. So the idea that John Cena did something "No one else could DOOOO!" is a lie, an especially ridiculous like when you realize Kane was getting decent work out of Sandow. KANE.

And John Cena can't be the best guy in the Shield matches if Daniel Bryan is next to him AND ALL THREE MEMBERS OF THE SHIELD ARE ACROSS THE RING FROM HIM.

But Fowler is right in saying that Roman Reigns had a ton of great stuff last year. Hit that one on the head. But when you're swinging as wildly as Brian is, you're bound to make contact with something. 

tumblr_muldzxOQsN1qmc017o1_500.gif

Reigns isn't even the best "guy with the last name Reigns" in company history.

See? The fact that FSW is trying to troll Reigns' supporters with possibly his single weakest effort of all time means that he's clearly engaging in reverse trolling.

So unless you want the trolls to win, you have to vote Cena.

You know, FSW's gimmick reminds me of the importance of making sure you "feel" your gimmick. Ever since I've seen him on his Anti-Shield thing, it's just made me feel bad: He's trying so hard to make it work, but he's not feeling it. It's a shitty gimmick anyway, but still

I was watching the Legends of Wrestling thing about bad gimmicks, and the main thing that caught me was how bad I felt for Terry Taylor being stuck with the Red Rooster gimmick. The main thing I noticed that to the day that the video was recorded, Michael Hayes STILL thought Red Rooster could have gotten over if Terry Taylor had fully committed to it. Now he was just being stupid, much like keeping the Anti-SHIELD stuff going is, but yeah, that's what FSW's current role reminds me off.

In closing: FSW, drop your gimmick, don't be a cock.

You know, FSW's gimmick reminds me of the importance of making sure you "feel" your gimmick. Ever since I've seen him on his Anti-Shield thing, it's just made me feel bad: He's trying so hard to make it work, but he's not feeling it. It's a shitty gimmick anyway, but still

I was watching the Legends of Wrestling thing about bad gimmicks, and the main thing that caught me was how bad I felt for Terry Taylor being stuck with the Red Rooster gimmick. The main thing I noticed that to the day that the video was recorded, Michael Hayes STILL thought Red Rooster could have gotten over if Terry Taylor had fully committed to it. Now he was just being stupid, much like keeping the Anti-SHIELD stuff going is, but yeah, that's what FSW's current role reminds me off.

In closing: FSW, drop your gimmick, don't be a cock.

What do you do when you've done it all though? Punk himself is an admirer and probably reads these posts with bated breath. How do you keep going without Punk?How do you stop going after reaching such dizzy heights? It's a catch-22 brother.

The only way to hurt waiter is to go after the eight barrels of likes he has buried in the desert.

Withhold what he holds most dear and here's your waiter:

...This is something I can do.

How about this: if Cena wins this I'll retire the Wyatt and Shield trolling until March 1st 2015? I swear it on Luis Suarez' buck teeth.

He admits it, again and again, and Jae just stands and does nothing. He is the Jack Tunney of authority figures. Or the Stanley Blackburn. Or a Stooge. Jae, you are a Stooge.