DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact 1-16-14 - Genesis of McGullicutty

The show started off with heat, then had a 30 MINUTE OPENING SEGMENT and shit just died. This show absolutely sucked, but at least it's the end of Sting in TNA and he can go to WWE and go into the HOF with Warrior.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/01/tna-impact-1-16-14.html

093d64301722890.jpg

Screens -

5c81bf301707512.jpg

274db1301713288.jpg

34b942301709849.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/sfg58spl8xmz62o845txafvcvon6e9t7

Yeah the only thing encouraging about next week's match is that it allows Sting to go to the WWE and at the very least induct Warrior in the Hall of Fame.  Which has to make the bookers for TNA just bursting with pride 

although you know that match will be booked exactly like the AJ match and make Magnus look even worse.  

I watched for the first time in ages but only made it to Anderson vs Bully. Why do they cut to commercial at the very start of the match? That's horrible timing. The commercials on Spike are terrible and take forever, so I turned it off. 

Also, thirty minute Dixie promo. Ohmygooooooooood.

Felt like a ton of stuff was crammed into the show. Enjoyed Bully/Anderson even though it feels like they've had that same match several times over with the no DQ stip. Loved seeing Madison Rayne become a 5 time champ, sucked they cut away from it as soon as possible though. Madison & Gail are both my all time fav knockouts so it's been good seeing them feud over the title. Sting/EC3 had a good build to it but wasn't much match-wise. I thought Angle's career was on the line in his match too but seems lately they're just hyping his HOF spot on the line. With Sting gone, I'm guessing Joe's gonna get rebuilt a little as the top face for awhile. Also looking forward to the American Wolves in TNA. I liked how they set up a solid amount of stuff for next week too.

holy fuck is Davey Richards short.

So is Austin Aries. Velvet Sky had several inches on him.

Yeah - I mentioned this last night but someone really needs to tell Velvet that she can't wear heels during those segments because she was taller than both Aries and Sabin.

And based on that picture and some quick extrapolation - Dixie would be taller than both of them too.

Magnus: "Dixie, look around!" *camera pans around tiny, disinterested crowd* "This is all due to you!"

Shoot comments that aren't supposed to be shoot comments, etc etc.

• Like 2

Loved seeing Madison Rayne become a 5 time champ, sucked they cut away from it as soon as possible though. Madison & Gail are both my all time fav knockouts so it's been good seeing them feud over the title. 

I like them both too but felt they could have gone a few more weeks with this feud before actually having Gail drop the title. 

When Dixie tweeted that DR and EE were going to show up at TNA, I got stoked because I had no idea that Dusty Rhodes and Eric Embry were coming out of retirement and forming a tag team in TNA..

• Like 1