DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I hope Cutler throws the football at his face if he ever does that stupid fucking lasso thing.

In fact, the best part of this signing is the potential for Cutler to browbeat Allen into crying.

The only thing about Moreno is that he only showed up in his contract year. He was massive disappointment for most of his tenure. The Broncos drafted Moreno and Ayers instead of Brian Orakpo and Clay Matthews... I will always hate Josh McDaniels.

I hope Cutler throws the football at his face if he ever does that stupid fucking lasso thing.

In fact, the best part of this signing is the potential for Cutler to browbeat Allen into crying.

In that relationship, one of those two guys would definitely be more prone to crying.

It's not Allen.

Vince Wilfork restructures his contract with the Patriots.  New 3 yr deal for $22.5 mil.  Final two years are team options.

Only $3 mil is guaranteed for this season w/ the ability to earn up to $8 mil in playing time incentives.

I'm glad to have him back in the fold and I am interested to see how he recovers from the Achilles tear.

Pretty shocked he'd go with the Raiders figured he'd want to play for a winner and try to get a ring. But I guess any team would seem like a better chance than the Jags.

I am as well, considering the Steelers showed interest.  But he'll get more opportunity to be the lead guy in Oakland that he would in Pittsburgh.  McFadden is always dinged up, and their other 2 RBs are LaTavius Murray and Kory Sheets.

MJD also grew up in Oakland, so maybe that also factored into his choice (along with money).

If nothing else I'm pretty sure Allen would at least let Cutler let the kids get immunizations

Not to sidetrack but how can Cutler's wife be so anti-immunization when her husband pokes himself every fucking day to check his blood glucose level?

• Like 2

If nothing else I'm pretty sure Allen would at least let Cutler let the kids get immunizations

Not to sidetrack but how can Cutler's wife be so anti-immunization when her husband pokes himself every fucking day to check his blood glucose level?

Stupid is Stupid. . .

The Steelers are bringing in LeGarrette Blount today - so that could be another reason MJD went to Oakland.

He could have been told by Pittsburgh that they were going in a different direction

So, what do you folks make of this article?  It says that part of the reason the Eagles are looking to dump DeSean Jackson is because of his gang ties.  Some of the stuff in the article is...troubling (the part about putting up an instagram photo of him and a guy sitting in jail awaiting trial for murdering a 17-year-old with the caption ""Free Trezzy #Real1 #Jaccpot" is bad optics, but the guy was ultimately acquitted so maybe he was right all along), but I can't help but read it and feel like there's nothing really there either, like when they bring up an arrest for tinted windows and marijuana possession that was unreported, who really cares?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

Well, that works for me.  Much as I like Jackson, if they couldn't offload him somewhere, and he's this screwed up... Baltimore/Oakland/Jacksonville/Miami should be picking him up shortly.

And Sanchez is officially Foles backup.

That article really feels like a hatchet job, especially coming 40 minutes before Jackson's release.  It's almost like the Eagles leaked it out there as a preventative measure should Jackson go somewhere else and have a monster season.

The four biggest takeaways

-Jackson has ties to a guy who was charged with murder but later acquitted.

-There was a murder at a house-party at a house owned by a member of Jackson's family.

-Jackson might be a member of the Crips because he occasionally flashes gang signs, has friends who are associated with the gang, and his record label Jaccpot Records is thought to be a Crip reference (Purportedly, Crips don't like to put the letters CK together because it stands for 'Crip Killer' but my question is how do they spell 'Fuck'?).

-Jackson was once arrested for having tinted windows and marijuana possession.

When you think about it, nothing there is really that damning.  I mean, he grew up in Los Angeles, went to school in Long Beach, is it really that crazy to suggest he might have friends who are gang members?  Is that really that bad?  I dunno, the article just feels off to me.

• Like 1