AEW TV - 4/10 - 4/16/2024 - Julia Hart of (Real) Glass

Just now, For Great Justice said:

My gosh, what are we even doing with this show

We’re this close to blood baths, “Iron Man” and comments about scissors 

This ain’t it

We already get comments about scissors. "Scissor me, Daddy Ass."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Punk waited until Jungle Boy flung his hair back and then attempted to strike him.  

That caught my attention the second time around. Bitch waited until Perry was in a position where he couldn’t defend himself before he threw the first strike.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

So the next time there's a backstage attack on TV, someone's getting fired, right?

I've never related to Chris Hero more.

I did like Cope vs Penta and Samoan Joe vs Rhodes 2: Our Match Gets To Have Blood.

• Like 2

Also,  Will Ospreay.  I'm not mad at him going at Triple H in that promo.  Obviously Triple H is perturbed because any key free agent that hits the market, Tony Khan is paying them more money for less dates.  So Hunter took shots at Ospreay over wanting to spend time with his family.  It was a bit of a dick move by Hunter.  Ospreay has a right to respond. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, EVA said:

That caught my attention the second time around. Bitch waited until Perry was in a position where he couldn’t defend himself before he threw the first strike.

Yeah, not that I think Jungle Boy is a badass or anything but Punk certainly DOES think that he is a bad ass and he's out here sucker punching kids in the back.  Not a great look.  

I can barely have a civil, sensible conversation about AEW anywhere on the internet right now. Please God no more. Now we know what happened. Every child that already decided they were gonna scream WCW at this (despite not knowing what the fuck they were talking about) is going to for months and everyone that supports this company is going to have their joy eroded if they even bother to peek into the larger wrestling discourse. No mas.

Please focus your energy on booking bigger matches when you have a presumed ratings bump. Please focus on giving Mariah May a microphone so she can explain to a live crowd who debuting wrestlers are. Please sequence matches and segments anything but randomly.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 6

Dear Tony,

If you're gonna send guys out there to die with the "We wrestle" rah rah promos, then actually just fucking let the guys wrestle and not act like it's the 90's.  

• Like 4

When AEW does something bad and it's misguided or an accident I can usually go "That really sucks but oh well"  But much like Adam's rah-rah speech this was deliberate and it added absolutely nothing of value.  I don't care who was right and this is a situation where AEW would have been the "bigger man" by not saying anything at all.  But they did two weeks in a row and while it's hyperbole to say I felt betrayed I'm sure a lesser word could be used to describe how I'm feeling.

BUT if this is the absolute last of it and it's never mentioned again then fine.  AEW warts and all is still a wonderful company and there's a lot to love.  But this has to be it not just from them but also from Punk.  I hate even talking about this and just want to fucking move on.  It feel like it's too much to ask from others to move on but it would be nice if people at least tried.

• Like 3

Penta and Edge over-delivered.

The Bucks basically doing the heel authority figure fits in with their characters and they're much better off on than as faces, but their promo was just cringe. The backstage footage accomplished nothing but made it look like Punk is living rent-free in the heads of multiple people in AEW. Punk and Perry have words backstage. Punk shoves Perry, who lunges at him and gets facelocked. Everything is broken up in seconds, then Punk yells at Tony. In the history of backstage dust ups, this was a big nothingburger. Airing this did no one any favors whatsoever. I saw someone say that Schiavone's face as they came back to the arena showed "late WCW PTSD". As much as I like FTR their promo was just rambling and didn't really do much to help the situation. I get they're trying to make this shoot situation work somehow, but really everyone involved needs to quit and concentrate on the promotion at hand.

Speaking of which, Osperay taking a shot at HHH didn't help matters either. The promo was good on a whole though.

Julia Hart cuts another good promo. There aren't many people you can call AEW Originals, but out of them all she's been the best so far.

I don't know what the deal with Jericho, Hook, et al is but I don't really care. At least Lee Moriarity got a victory. Ogogo still being on the roster is a noodle scratcher.

Jay and May have a good match, as do Joe and Dustin. It's a shame that the actual good wrestling on here was overshadowed by a bunch of nonsense.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yeah, not that I think Jungle Boy is a badass or anything but Punk certainly DOES think that he is a bad ass and he's out here sucker punching kids in the back.  Not a great look.  

My brother in christ, Jack Perry is almost 30 years old.

• Like 4

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

When AEW does something bad and it's misguided or an accident I can usually go "That really sucks but oh well"  But much like Adam's rah-rah speech this was deliberate and it added absolutely nothing of value.  I don't care who was right and this is a situation where AEW would have been the "bigger man" by not saying anything at all.  But they did two weeks in a row and while it's hyperbole to say I felt betrayed I'm sure a lesser word could be used to describe how I'm feeling.

BUT if this is the absolute last of it and it's never mentioned again then fine.  AEW warts and all is still a wonderful company and there's a lot to love.  But this has to be it not just from them but also from Punk.  I hate even talking about this and just want to fucking move on.  It feel like it's too much to ask from others to move on but it would be nice if people at least tried.

I said similar in AEW - April 2024 telling all involved to let it go. Move on forward and don't look back to the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

I saw someone say that Schiavone's face as they came back to the arena showed "late WCW PTSD".

Yeah, I saw that post earlier and before and after the Bucks segment Tony looked completely miserable.  I feel awful for him.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Penta and Edge over-delivered.

The Bucks basically doing the heel authority figure fits in with their characters and they're much better off on than as faces, but their promo was just cringe. The backstage footage accomplished nothing but made it look like Punk is living rent-free in the heads of multiple people in AEW. Punk and Perry have words backstage. Punk shoves Perry, who lunges at him and gets facelocked. Everything is broken up in seconds, then Punk yells at Tony. In the history of backstage dust ups, this was a big nothingburger. Airing this did no one any favors whatsoever. I saw someone say that Schiavone's face as they came back to the arena showed "late WCW PTSD".

2 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yeah, I saw that post earlier and before and after the Bucks segment Tony looked completely miserable.  I feel awful for him.

Agreed:

https://twitter.com/DGen_Media/status/1778232085276172382

• Sad 1

I mean, I’m not gonna stop watching AEW. I also think it’s telling that Phragile Philliam waited until Jack Perry threw his hair back. Having said that… I probably would’ve opted not to show the footage.

• Like 2

You guys were no help:

Rampage:

TBS Championship Match: Julia Hart vs. Leyla Hirsch
* Jay White vs. Matt Sydal
* Orange Cassidy vs. Alex Reynolds
* Cool Hand Ang vs. Zak Knight

Solid Worldwide stuff there. 

• Like 4