DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 3/13 - 3/19/2024 - Takin' Care of Business

11 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I wish Willow would just destroy Riho in seconds. That could set up Statlander turning out of jealousy.

Well, I do see Willow taking this one and indeed making Statlander question her life choices, but I don't think she will get to squash Riho. Just not giving her an opportunity to surprise Willow would show that Willow has her head in the game, whereas Statlander doesn't. And Stooley will be right there to capitalize on it!

Re: Punk
For every Watt, Ian, or Cosey Fanni Tutti there’s a backward gazing fascist racist homophobe in the name of punk. Or somebody freely expressing their inability to be kind and thoughtful. There’s also a glut of shitty bands adhering to  a 3 chord formula in solidarity to some kind of ‘truth’. Not to say there aren’t good ones too - some of which are pretty self righteous as well. Punk is whatever you want it to be - good (creative, open to new ideas, often anti-norm) or bad (all forms of egotistical fascism). I’d also suggest for all the truly great punk rock the everlasting ‘tude led us into this hot take era - ignorance and all. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Took the words out of my mouth! Great built in "unfinished business" story there with the Death Triangle/Elite Best of 7 last year, and PAC walking out on em during B&G because of his nose bone (obviously that was more geared toward Omega, but they can pivot it to just being 'the Elite' since they've now split per last week's promo).

It would be a lot easier to guess at if we knew Omega's current health status - I'm still not convinced we aren't getting Omega/Hangman vs Bucks III in this tag tourney

Wrong team: Pac was on the BCC side and walked out on them for Claudio trying to big-time him.

He should be coming back for revenge on Claudio for injuring him the ROH title match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JLowe said:

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Show me the Mone.

Mone Inc.

This was the only other thing in consideration. 

Also please remember, I do not like any of you.  ❤️

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Why on earth would she tweet such a thing, on a day like today?

24 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Wrong team: Pac was on the BCC side and walked out on them for Claudio trying to big-time him.

He should be coming back for revenge on Claudio for injuring him the ROH title match.

Oh, duh - thanks dude. I know people are probably tired of me bringing this up all the time, but as great as that match was, PAC's line the following week in his promo is what stuck with me moreso: "KENNEH!! DID YE THINK I FORGOT WHAT YE DID TO MAH NOSE BONE?!?" So I must've switched the teams in my head

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Oh, duh - thanks dude. I know people are probably tired of me bringing this up all the time, but as great as that match was, PAC's line the following week in his promo is what stuck with me moreso: "KENNEH!! DID YE THINK I FORGOT WHAT YE DID TO MAH NOSE BONE?!?" So I must've switched the teams in my head

It is tough to remember since Pac's whole deal is not liking anyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

BTW: all this this punk rock talk and no one went with "Shipping Up To Bo$$ton?!?!?"

I am glad none of you have even come close to next week's title.  🙂 

(Assuming)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

BTW: all this this punk rock talk and no one went with "Shipping Up To Bo$$ton?!?!?"

I would pay money to never hear that goddamn song again 😭😭😭

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Watching a show from a couple of weeks ago, before the PPV, and I've just noticed, Kris Statlander is wrestling with knee wraps but no knee braces any more. That's a good sign for the career longevity.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Is Dropkick Murphy an indie wrestler? Because "Dropkick Murphy" would be a great name for an indie wrestler.

He goes by Dropkick Matthews now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 12

21 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

all bets are off with me with Mone and I love it.

As someone that does not follow the WWE product at all, I know nothing about her at all, aside from the basics: She's related to Snoop, she walked out on WWE because of how she was being booked, she went down to Mexico to train until she was contractually free & clear to go to NJPW, where she spent a lot of time out injured. She's a blank canvas to me aside from that. 

Edited by SovietShooter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm not a fan of Dropkick Murphys.

They’re overplayed but I love that recently they went out of their way to tell any racist/alt-right/fascists to fuck off, they don’t want them as fans.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JLowe said:

They’re overplayed but I love that recently they went out of their way to tell any racist/alt-right/fascists to fuck off, they don’t want them as fans.

I often joke that this is the one time of the year that anyone gives two shits about the Dropkick Murphys, but that's pretty cool.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

I often joke that this is the one time of the year that anyone gives two shits about the Dropkick Murphys, but that's pretty cool.

Yeah, honestly being Irish-American Boston bros I kinda assumed they were bonehead adjacent but I was dead wrong. I love The Pogues but the US punk knockoffs (and most Oi/Street Punk) isn’t really my thing.

• Like 1