DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

The Giants aren’t the most fundamentally sound team because they’re on their 100th quarterback but besides that they look like a new team. They’re motivated and having fun. Their coach is even having fun. He looked like a ran over pile of dog s%^+ the 2 others times I seen them this year. 

I like how they trusted Barkley at the end with those last runs after he fumbled before. Don’t think that those yards didn’t matter because that was the most shook I’ve ever seen a kicker. He was straight shook, and Troy even hinted at it, but he made the kick. Kickers deserve credit like was talked about in the other thread. Even if every kick isn’t a record, just the fact that they have ice for blood all the time isn’t talked about enough. The one last night did not, but he still drilled the kick. 

I don't know how all the math shakes out but The Giants technically being only one game back of a playoff spot is mind blowing. Tommy DeVitto baby 🤌🏽🤌🏽🤌🏽

As it stands now I'll be at The Giants vs Saints game this weekend. I am pumped that there's still meaning to it because a couple weeks ago it was looking like an enhancement match on an episode of Superstars in 1987.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I don't know how all the math shakes out but The Giants technically being only one game back of a playoff spot is mind blowing. Tommy DeVitto baby 🤌🏽🤌🏽🤌🏽

Because of the extra Wild Card team and how bad the NFC is - currently both the NFC South leader AND the final Wild Card spot are held by teams with 6-7 records

The 6-7 teams are: Green Bay, LA Rams, Seattle, Atlanta, New Orleans and Tampa (Tampa is currently the NFC South leader via tiebreak)

The Saints final 4 games are against teams on that list and the Giants - so they probably are the 1 team who "control their own destiny" of that whole list

The Brazil game is official for 2024

The owners also approved bumping the number of International games from 4 to 8 (technically 9 because the International Series doesn't include the yearly game the Jags play in London)

The 8 games will start in 2025

Oh and @Dolfan in NYC will care about this

The Dolphins most likely play in Brazil because they are the team the "international market rights" to Brazil

And an NFC team will most likely be the home team because the NFC has the extra home game next season

So yes - what I am saying is that the NFL is gonna subject Brazil to like Cards/Fins

• Like 1

So long as none of: Tua, Jalen, or Tyreek get kidnapped and/or stabbed....   Sure why not. 

Just checked also, and the Zona game is in Miami.  So... while it's not as funny, I'm sure they really want it to be Miami vs. LA there, but will settle for Seattle.  

This was apparently news to him because in an interview last month he said he hadn't heard anything about it.   

So, this is apparently more "you're 79" than you're 86'ed, if you catch my meaning.