DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Yes, the roster is bad but they just lost by 17 to a team missing practically their entire offense. QB1, RB1, RB2, WR1 all missed all or much of the game. And it was only 17 because Indy dropped two touchdowns. 

Full disclosure: I have never liked Tomlin. 

Edited by Tabe

Tremendous performance by the Lions. Denver has been playing great and Detroit just... obliterated them. And watching Russ fumble and not do much was awesome. 

Great to have Detroit look good after last week. 

Would love to know more about Payton screaming at Wilson. 

Edited by Tabe

I hate Sean Payton lol I want to know more about that too. I had the Lions respectfully written off. They weren’t what I’d call frauds but they were similar to the Bills last year. To me they were the preseason heartthrob team that proved to be legit, but just couldn’t keep going full steam for such a long season. I was wrong. They came back today. 

So here's a weird officiating 'quirk'.  During Chiefs/Pats, there was a play where the Pats were called for illegal contact while Mahomes was called for intentional grounding, so the penalties offset.  But couldn't it be conceivable that Mahomes had to intentionally ground the ball BECAUSE of the illegal contact?  I guess it's just weird to me that the penalties would always be considered separate when there's always a chance of causation.

• Like 1

I have the Dolphins vs Jets on and Tony Romo just LOL’d at the Aaron Rodgers question, and added “he’s not coming back to the roster.” The next play would have been a sack had Wilson not tossed it to a guy’s feet. Then play after that was a sack. Tony LOL’d again and said something that I can’t remember exactly but it was some like “not being this OL.”

As for the Dolphins, they might be frauds but I still respect that they’re doing 1 thing and 1 thing only - the 1 thing that works every time. If they don’t like it that much they should stop it. Until then they’re not going to lose.

And because I have to say what I think about the Bills every week…I’m pulling for them but I just don’t know if they can go toe to toe with the Cowboys just because it’s the 3rd big game they need to step up in. Had they not missed that 1 play to Gabe Davis and won that Eagles game, they would be on the biggest late season run in history maybe. As it is if they win out they’re still on the ballot IMO.

1 hour ago, dogwelder said:

But couldn't it be conceivable that Mahomes had to intentionally ground the ball BECAUSE of the illegal contact? 

paradox about "if he's throwing so that it's intentional grounding, then he's not close enough where the illegal contact caused the intentional grounding?"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Is there a reason, apart from needless cruelty, that the Titans are wearing Oliers throwbacks in a game against Houston?

When I talked to Beau about this earlier in the week, it's the second time thus year they've worn them too. 

https://youtu.be/xfi2ts2s7dc?si=tRc-sLex9Xr2U1m5

(Don't listen, Dolfan) 

I feel sorry for that WR and Fields. Fields has been busting his ass every bit as hard as Jerry Rice. He’s just not that good and it doesn’t help that he catches every bad break like that today. And I still remember the story about him taking a loss earlier in the year so hard that he sat wherever he first sat in the lockerrom after the game for 4 hours or whatever it was.

If Zach Wilson has a concussion then it really doesn’t matter. He has bullshit for brains already.

They just threw a flag on the Bills for a personal foul, on a play where the penalized player didn’t touch the other player. I think technically that has happened like when they call tripping, but this wasn’t tripping.