DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK FIFTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

17 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Clueless announcer: Browns are probably regretting not resigning Jacoby Brisette

Um...even with going through 4 QBs they're 9-5...

I used to work for a large retail store and we had our store brand for almost every snack food.  If you were to look closely at the label you'd see that the store brand and the name brand both were exactly the same other than the name and the price. They just negotiated a deal with Planters to throw some of their nuts into a jar with a different label.  Jacoby Brisset is as good as Deshaun Watson except the Browns are paying the name brand price. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, supremebve said:

I used to work for a large retail store and we had our store brand for almost every snack food.  If you were to look closely at the label you'd see that the store brand and the name brand both were exactly the same other than the name and the price. They just negotiated a deal with Planters to throw some of their nuts into a jar with a different label.  Jacoby Brisset is as good as Deshaun Watson except the Browns are paying the name brand price. 

I worked at a Roses for 4 years lol I learned all kinds of stuff like that. 

The Seahawks are going to make a game out of this but it looks like Hurts is going to have a flu game. 

Meanwhile think of what the 49ers did to these teams. Wow. 

15 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Meanwhile think of what the 49ers did to these teams. Wow. 

San Fran looked absolutely untouchable for five games, then only scored 17 points in each of three straight losses, and now they have looked like far and away the best team in the NFL for six straight. That three game blip is just baffling.

No Deebo, a missed kick, and a Purdy concussion.  Pretty obvious where the blip was.

In other news, noted idiot Tom Brady slammed the league fairly recently for 'mediocre' play and in part referenced the league's desire to reduce violent plays as part of why the on-field play was becoming mediocre.

Today, he called out Gardner Minshew's mediocre play and decision-making for putting his teammate in a position for...get this...a violent play. 

So does the mediocrity cause the violence or reduce the violence, Tom?

It's almost like he's...full of shit and shouldn't speak on practically anything.  Go write us another health & fitness book, buddy!

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

no Deebo and no Trent Williams, more specifically

a basic offtackle Run Left by McCaffery behind Trent Williams is almost as bulletproof as the Brotherly Shove

lacking Trent Williams causes a ripple effect that renders the whole offensive line suddenly average

• Like 1

Trent Williams might have been the real difference. Skill players in SF stay hurt. That’s how Deebo became a part time RB and that’s how CMC came to town. 

Know what else though? I can recall 2 pretty good quarterbacks who had a nasty 3 game skid early in their 2nd season. Tom Brady and Brett Favre. Yeah it happened if you want to look it up. Meanwhile others have had way worse 2nd seasons before their HoF inductions. So I think Williams was the difference but I also think Purdy is that good, having tasted his own blood even. 

Meanwhile Pete Carroll probably just cost his team this tie. I think the Eagles would have went on down the field and scored afterwards anyway but still what an alltime coaching screw up. 

9 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

And he made that INT because he hit his own man wow. 

Now serious question…did the Eagles coach go for the touchdown because he would rather win or lose now vs play in OT way out in Seattle on a Monday night late in the season when they’re already in the playoffs?

Because the spreadsheet said go for.it and thr Eagles OC runs the offense like it's Tecmo Bowl.