DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 11/29 - 12/5/2023 - Continental Breakfast

Dolfan in NYC

If you've seen her without the makeup, Abadon would easily be able to pull it off, but yeah... no thanks. Her hair needs to get even more Bull Nakano-esque like tonight instead!

Mox talking about his hands tingling messed with me. As did every reason he gave making it point back to the easy answer being "back to the liquor I go". 

If you watch Botchamania (and you should, especially the new one, for the wrestling version of this NSFW piece of work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rsEs4HWXeY&ab_channel=BigBillHell'sCarsMemes) then you'd forgive Tony in a second because Cole fucks up WAY WAY more than him and isn't even close to as old, though he always blames it on his age. In fact I'm surprised Tony is so up on the moves. 

The opener and main ruled. Kingston vs Danielson are 2 for 2 in bangers, what a war that was. You have to think they are going to do something with Eddie, you can't have a PPV in New York and have him do nothing. Seems unlikely he'll be in the finals but it would have been mega to see him be the first TC champ in New York.

• Like 1

The problem with the whole thing, psychologically, is that King would be giving up both his titles. He is an integral part of this tournament, not just a participant. As much as we like Swerve now and know Danielson is probably in the final either way, King has to win something in this tournament. And whatever that is, it has to include a modicum of respect for some kind of win. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

Big fan of the sign made from the remnants of the 30 pack you pre-gamed with, still wet with can rings!!!

RE: Tony getting the DVD wrong.  I thought maybe it was an anti-DVDVRMB bit.  I know he misnames moves from time to time but he definitely knows a DVD, so yeah, I agree that one felt possibly intentional.  Nigel then described the impact of the move without correcting him.  He also knows it's not a fucking Canadian Destroyer.  Claudio isn't even Canadian!!

Edited by ExcellenceofAirPollution
  • Like 1

I know it’s aided along by Danielson and Andrade missing the first week, but I love that Brody is the big dog out in front early in the Blue League. So many untapped resources in this company, but at least this is getting him some singles matches and wins. 

(My ideal final is Brody vs either Jay White or Rush, which definitely isn’t happening, but let me believe!)

• Like 3

On 12/2/2023 at 8:09 PM, TheVileOne said:

It symbolizes you won a grueling tournament with some of the top mat workers in the world. It's like competing in a decathlon or a Tuff Mudder. 

Does the winner get a bumper sticker like when you run in a marathon?

On 12/2/2023 at 10:45 PM, tbarrie said:

It's very hard. For example, if Brody wins another match Eddie is finished. If Danielson wins two more matches Eddie is finished.

Is that correct?  If Brody and Danielson win another match, then lose their next two, then they'd both end up 3-2.  And if Eddie won the rest of his matches, he'd end up 3-2.  Unless I'm missing something or the matches remaining make that impossible.  Has anyone mentioned tiebreakers in each league? Also, why are they called the blue and gold leagues when "Dynamite League" and "Collision League" would have been better?

I wanted to see Eddie win with a sneaky backfist to Danielson's blind side, but we just can't have nice things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watched Collision yesterday and wow ... Danielson vs. Eddie was absolute thing of beauty! My favorite match of the tournament so far and probably my 2nd favorite match on Collision this year behind the FTR vs Bullet Club 2/3 Falls match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Is that correct?  If Brody and Danielson win another match, then lose their next two, then they'd both end up 3-2.  And if Eddie won the rest of his matches, he'd end up 3-2.  Unless I'm missing something or the matches remaining make that impossible.  Has anyone mentioned tiebreakers in each league?

I thought the tiebreaker was who won the match between the wrestlers in question, but I don't remember if that was specifically stated for the Continental Classic or if it's something I absorbed about round-robin tournaments in general. But if I'm right, now that Brody and Danielson have each beaten Eddie, he'll need to finish with MORE points than either to make the finals.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I thought the tiebreaker was who won the match between the wrestlers in question, but I don't remember if that was specifically stated for the Continental Classic or if it's something I absorbed about round-robin tournaments in general. But if I'm right, now that Brody and Danielson have each beaten Eddie, he'll need to finish with MORE points than either to make the finals.

EDIT: GAAAAAAH nevermind.  I just remembered they announced that, after each league's matches are finished, the two top-ranked wrestlers in each league would face each other to determine who goes to the championship.  So there's no need for tiebreakers.  In kayfabe, it would suck to run the table, only to lose in the semi to a guy who went 4-1 or even 3-2.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

EDIT: GAAAAAAH nevermind.  I just remembered they announced that, after each league's matches are finished, the two top-ranked wrestlers in each league would face each other to determine who goes to the championship.  So there's no need for tiebreakers.  In kayfabe, it would suck to run the table, only to lose in the semi to a guy who went 4-1 or even 3-2.

Did they? I didn't realize that. That gives Eddie a lot more options if they want to do the come-from-behind victory.

• Like 1

Late to the party but ended up buying a front row ticket to Collision on Stubhub the day before the show. $140.. not too bad. Anyways, I was seated literally right behind Dasha and Doc Sampson.

Really fun show. Danielson/Eddie was one of my favorite matches I've ever seen live. 

Bobby Cruise put over my Gorilla Monsoon shirt.

Plus this happened right after we were DESPERATELY OUT OF TIME following Collision...

IMG-2841.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shit, I put the laugh emoji at first because I thought that you meant Claudio and it was a response to him wearing that shirt and Eddie bringing the gas can

Well, it could be that TOO, but I was thinking more like Eddie thinking he's going to be this conquering hero and puts his precious belts on the line in the tournament. Then gets his shit pushed in within two first matches and has to face a guy he has only beaten once before in order to stay in the hunt. He's been so respectful on ROH TV after his victories and I have a bad feeling that is about to change!

• Like 1