DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 11/29 - 12/5/2023 - Continental Breakfast

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Just realized the person they should try to bring in for the Sting farewell who isn't dead or really old.

Gary. Michael. Cappetta.

You want Cappetta, but you will settle for Penzer and Doug Dellinger.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

which AEW wrestler items would Doug Dillinger allow to be stolen?

We can only hope Sting still holds a grudge for Doug helping blow out his knee at the Clash in 1990 and beats him up at the retirement show.

There’s a theory emerging on Reddit (yeah I know) that the Devil group is going to be Adam Cole, Britt Baker, Wardlow, Sammy Guevara and Jack Perry.

The pillars (minus Darby, plus the one that Punk said took MJF’s place), his former bodyguard and longtime rival, and his “best friend”. Kind of hangs the Kingdom & Roddy stuff out to dry, but they (and by that I mean Roddy) are getting over as lovable buffoons so who really cares.

I mean, numbers wise it would make sense. The Devils versus MJF, the Kingdom & Roddy. Lol, Blood & Guts will be here before you know it…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

the state of Wardlow's hair

It has to be said. That shit is when you have a mohawk and it's mid-growing-out and just the worst. I experimented with a lot of haircuts in my 20s but that middle gap between is just the worst. The worst possible example of this was letting my mohawk get cut into a Dave Dictor-from-MDC-circa-1983/Hare Krishna cut (bald on top and around the sides, tail in the back) and then let it grow out. I started a new job at a grocery store and a guy just laughed at me and said "nice mullet". Which I didn't realize, really, that was what I actually had growing on my scalp. It's like, dude, do something! You work around plenty of people who know hairdressers or ARE hairdressers. You can't be that much of a POS behind the scenes for them to say nothing, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Casey said:

There’s a theory emerging on Reddit (yeah I know) that the Devil group is going to be Adam Cole, Britt Baker, Wardlow, Sammy Guevara and Jack Perry.

The pillars (minus Darby, plus the one that Punk said took MJF’s place), his former bodyguard and longtime rival, and his “best friend”. Kind of hangs the Kingdom & Roddy stuff out to dry, but they (and by that I mean Roddy) are getting over as lovable buffoons so who really cares.

I mean, numbers wise it would make sense. The Devils versus MJF, the Kingdom & Roddy. Lol, Blood & Guts will be here before you know it…

That is what Scott D'Amore would book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I still think the best move is to have Swerve be the devil. Make MJF think it's Cole. Hell, even do a segment where MJF says he knows it's Cole and that destroys their friendship. Maybe MJF even attacks Cole. Then do a segment where the devil finally appears on screen and says Cole is right, it's not him. Lights go out with MJF in the ring. Lights come back on. The devil hits a JML Driver on MJF, unmasks himself, and it's Swerve. And honestly, who cares if that looks like some heel shit to tear apart a dude's friendship and tear down the guy's world around him to break him down and isolate him to get a shot at his title. Swerve just broke into Hangman's house and did some vile shit then went on to beat the Hangman for a second time and the crowd now loves him. Fuck it. If the crowd wants to boo Swerve then let them. If they want to keep cheering him, then let them. Just don't do the obvious shit where it's Britt or Cole or both of them together. 

Plus, then you have the built in story of MJF trying to win back Cole as a friend. Nothing is more over in wrestling than friendships in this current era. People would go nuts for when MJF and Cole eventually reunite.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The Devil angle has now turned into Black Scorpion 2.0.

https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1730056548989174015 

hey now, there haven't been any magic tricks from The Devil, yet.

Fast forward to next week when the Devil looks eerily like Tagar Lord of the Volcano

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

It has to be said. That shit is when you have a mohawk and it's mid-growing-out and just the worst. I experimented with a lot of haircuts in my 20s but that middle gap between is just the worst. The worst possible example of this was letting my mohawk get cut into a Dave Dictor-from-MDC-circa-1983/Hare Krishna cut (bald on top and around the sides, tail in the back) and then let it grow out. I started a new job at a grocery store and a guy just laughed at me and said "nice mullet". Which I didn't realize, really, that was what I actually had growing on my scalp. It's like, dude, do something! You work around plenty of people who know hairdressers or ARE hairdressers. You can't be that much of a POS behind the scenes for them to say nothing, right? 

Joke's on him. Mullets are cool again

Alright, a very good episode here. I have to say that THIS version of Adam Copeland I can appreciate. First thing, kick in the balls! Yes!

Rush getting a much needed victory and Jay White with a slightly surprising loss changes the complexion of the tournament a little bit and that's good. Moxley has now faced two of the easiest opponents of his league, while White's matches have been the toughest of the top guys and Lethal's have been toughest overall and the results reflect that.

Eddie Kingston may have fucked up giving up those titles. Facing Danielson after losing the first match is a tough position to be in.

Emi tried to get into a better position for the moonsault and it was nice for the commentary to sell it as her trying to roll away from it unsuccessfully.

I don't know if I like Sting putting no one over during his entire AEW run, despite how entertaining he has been during it? I mean, if he beats everyone, so be it, but that should logically lead to a title match before it is all said and done, right? Yeah, he made Darby, but let's face it he is not going to survive trying to skateboard down Mount Everest, let's be real here!

Dante looked good in his return, the injury shown from a different angle did NOT! Holy fuck! Next week's trios match should be good, too!

MJF putting over Joe and going over the guys he himself has beaten was good. Joe stepped in immediately when the terrorists attacked MJF to protect his investment, but is obviously against ANY kind of tag matches that may mess up his much deserved main event match.

Edited by Shartnado
Added Darby thoughts...
  • Like 6

I have to say initially I was skeptical after hearing about another tournament. However, this one has won me over quite a bit because A) there's a bunch of people in it that I'm interested in watching wrestle, B) there's going to be a lot of new and interesting matches in it, C) I love that I get to announce to my household that "EVERYONE is banned from ringside" and D) THANK GOODNESS THE ELITE ISN'T IN IT.

• Like 2

I've watched 8 or 9 hours of AEW/ROH TV over the last few days as I caught up on last week and it's been pretty much the AEW that I want, let me tell you. I could have used one of those crazy collision multi-man tags that go forever and a squash match or two on ROH that no one else would have wanted but me.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I've watched 8 or 9 hours of AEW/ROH TV over the last few days as I caught up on last week and it's been pretty much the AEW that I want, let me tell you. I could have used one of those crazy collision multi-man tags that go forever and a squash match or two on ROH that no one else would have wanted but me.

Talk about a way to end vacation. 🙂

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Talk about a way to end vacation. 🙂

You understand that the point of my post was to say how much I've been enjoying the product and that it's pretty much exactly what I want the company (and in fact just about any wrestling company) to be right now, right? I know I use a lot of commas sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Noticed a subtle hint that The Devil could be none other than TK, with Calibur mentioning whoever the Devil is, had taken control of the lights and other equipment. Maybe to throw the scent off Bay Bay, and not saying it would be the best idea, but nerd billionaire you sets to shape wrestling in his image, surrounding himself with his "pillars" isnt the worst idea.  Also, as of note, the Devil has not been involved in any attacks as far as I remember.  TK is probably itching to bring back his character from those Impact wrestling segments from a couple years ago.  He looked like he was having a lot of fun.

Edited by ChrisPBacon
  • Like 3