DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

24 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You would think that would be it for him as head coach but some reason people still think that being in the Bill Belichick coaching tree means something.  Even though most of them have been awful as head coaches.

Never ceases to amaze me how dull some people are that hire people in the NFL.  They should have figured out long ago that BB micromanaged that entire team during their run.  Everyone else was there to hang around and yell and clap their hands a bit. Still surprised Davis shitcanned them since people were saying last off season he really couldn't afford to move on from McDaniels and hire a new coach because he is cash poor

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Like 1

Antonio Pierce is now the interim so he gets to coach against his old team (the Giants) in his first game

Also the deadline passed for the NFL to flex the Jets/Raiders out of the Week 10 Sunday Night game

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also the deadline passed for the NFL to flex the Jets/Raiders out of the Week 10 Sunday Night game

Oh my that is dreadful.  Now, watch it be some sort of shootout, ending 44-40 or something like that.

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, does Bill bring him back to New England this week, or wait until the off-season?

Bill O'Brien is the OC & QB coach.  If Josh came back to NE, maybe he can take the QB coach title?   It'd be quite the downgrade from HC and OC, but Mac did have his best success his rookie year with Josh as OC.

The Bears have fired RB coach David Walker

It does not appear to be football related so if that is the case, that would make the 2nd coach the Bears have had to get rid of this season for being a problem

I like picturing some low-level Raiders intern frantically trying with a pair of tweezers to get the "real" fortune out of the cookie without breaking it so he can insert Davis' hand-written fortune in it's place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Bears have fired RB coach David Walker

It does not appear to be football related so if that is the case, that would make the 2nd coach the Bears have had to get rid of this season for being a problem

ESPN is saying that it was a workplace behavior issue and because it was his second time the Bears' HR department fired him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

(It's allegedly not true... but god I wish it were.)

This sounds like your typical Reddit fantasy post. I don't believe for a second it happened but it's a great story. 

• Like 3

I can't argue with anything Rich Eisen said.

McDaniels and Ziegler should have never been hired in the first place.

Garoppolo is going to be scapegoated, but he was doing the best he could against the Lions.

Poor guy looked like he just got out of the hospital and was mugged on the way to Starbucks.

Let me once again praise the Lions for helping get rid of two of the Raiders latest mistakes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Garoppolo is going to be scapegoated, but he was doing the best he could against the Lions.

He was pressured on over 71% of his dropbacks, the highest rate in any game since 2018.

That said, it makes sense to give Aidsn O'Connell a run to see what he's got. Jimmy G wasn't exactly tearing it up before the back injury, might as well see what the rookie can do for the rest of the year. If he flops, hey you are entering a rebuild anyway. If he plays well, then maybe you have a piece to build around.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dogwelder said:

So according to Mike Florio there are rumblings of the Commanders trading for Belichick in the offseason...

Hey, if it's good enough for Lombardi...

15 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That said, it makes sense to give Aidsn O'Connell a run to see what he's got. Jimmy G wasn't exactly tearing it up before the back injury, might as well see what the rookie can do for the rest of the year. If he flops, hey you are entering a rebuild anyway. If he plays well, then maybe you have a piece to build around.

don't you have to exit a rebuild before you can enter one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

don't you have to exit a rebuild before you can enter one?

Oh you can always tear down and start over.

LV might have to move Crosby and Adams for draft capital this off-season and really tear it down to the studs.

Also I'm not sure if counts as a rebuild when you whiff on nearly every draft pick for a half decade straight. (Round these parts that's called "pulling a Matt Millen.")

• Like 1
  • Haha 2