DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK SEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

The Browns might have a QB Controversy. 

As a Browns fan I'm nipping this in the bud now.  Watson has been awful, but both backups have been just as bad if not worse.  They are not about to start PJ Walker.

I would also like to point out the being a Browns fan is easily the dumbest thing I've ever done and the fact that they scored 39 points with the best defense in the league and still almost lost to Gardner fucking Minshew is fucking infuriating.  I'm going to listen to Bernie Bernie a couple more times and reminisce on better days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

I am here for Tortured Chargers Fan being shown after every good/bad play more than I am Taylor Swift being shown. Then again she's probably on tour and not at the game.

*Sigh* Nope there she is.

Yeah, her tour's on break before it hits the international portion next month

15 hours ago, supremebve said:

As a Browns fan I'm nipping this in the bud now.  Watson has been awful, but both backups have been just as bad if not worse.  They are not about to start PJ Walker.

I would also like to point out the being a Browns fan is easily the dumbest thing I've ever done and the fact that they scored 39 points with the best defense in the league and still almost lost to Gardner fucking Minshew is fucking infuriating.  I'm going to listen to Bernie Bernie a couple more times and reminisce on better days.

I was born into it, so I couldn't avoid it. 1996-98 was the worst with no Browns. I didn't even care about football. Fortunately, pro wrestling was experiencing a mild surge in popularity at the time.

While I am glad that the Steelers are 4-2 and still looking at 1st place,  man the Rams got robbed on that last 1st down by the Pickett attempt at a Tush Push.   I have no idea how he got a couple inches much less a yard to get that 1st by a nose tip of the ball.  I'll allow it  😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I was in Lower DelawareSaturday and saw a yellow and black pick up with Jersey plates that said “RVN KLR.” 

Glad to hear that Tommy Dreamer is doing well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Injuries

Jalen Hurts suffered some sort of knee injury which saw him wearing a leg brace through the entire 2nd half

Saquon Barkley hyperextended his elbow in the 2nd Quarter (this is why he wore the arm sleeve the rest of the game)

53 minutes ago, hammerva said:

While I am glad that the Steelers are 4-2 and still looking at 1st place,  man the Rams got robbed on that last 1st down by the Pickett attempt at a Tush Push.   I have no idea how he got a couple inches much less a yard to get that 1st by a nose tip of the ball.  I'll allow it  😁

The Rams didn't get robbed, yesterday was the first game in years where the announcers never mentioned the yellow 1st down line wasn't exact, so being few inches short of the yellow line doesn't mean Pickett didn't get the 1st down. The game should have been over after the pass interference penalty but the refs needed to keep things interesting so they called a bogus "unsportsmanlike conduct" penalty on the Steelers. McVay should have saved a time out, it blows my mind that coaches don't keep one in their back pocket in the second half for a scenario like this. Even if the Rams got the ball back they would have had to deal with Watt and Highsmith being unleashed on Stafford, I doubt they get more than one 1st down, let alone a touchdown, PAT(their kicker has the yips) or 2 point conversion. How much money did Darryl Johnston have on the Rams? He sounded like someone who bet money he didn't have on the Rams and is going to have his fingers broken later that night.

Pickett was 11/12 for 152 yards in the second half, kid keeps getting better every game. Also, the Stillers are 11-4 in their last 15 games, a lot of those wins were ugly but they're still wins.

Edited by Mister TV
  • Like 1