DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TWO

dogwelder

• RIPPA pinned this topic
10 hours ago, dogwelder said:

This sucks. I can't stand the guy and wanted him to fail. But I wanted him to, you know, play terrible. Not... not play at all. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

So basically Aaron Rodgers with the Jets is like if Hulk Hogan got injured 3 minutes into his match at Bash 94?

It's like if he threw his back out tearing off his shirt during pre-bout instructions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And a tweet that basically confirms how fucked the Jets are.

He has a low cap hit this year because of the trade. Next year, $17.1 million. In 2025, 51.5 million. What if Rodgers doesn't come back? That 51.5 million for 2025 accelerates to 2024, meaning they'll have a dead cap hit of 68.6 million (can we just throw in four hundred thousand to make it 69 Million? That would be nice)

• Haha 1

The best lines from elsewhere to finally round off the A-Rodge Discount-Double Achilles Tear

1) Aaron Rodgers took four snaps in the game yesterday. Five if you count the Achilles tendon.

2) Someone else joked that the Jets are the only franchise to ever hire a hall-of-fame level head coach and never have him be the head coach for a single game, and to sign a Hall of Fame Level QB, and not have him complete a single pass (Belichick and Rodgers)

3) Speaking of Belichick, the only way this could have been worse is if Rodgers had pulled a Belichick and wrote "I resign as QB of the NYJ" on a napkin and handed it in before week 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bill doing that is not talked about enough IMO, especially when his coaching ability is questioned. It’s a long story to connect the dots there but it’s true.

As for Rodgers, I can’t believe how dead movie villain sorry I feel for the guy because I hate his stinking guts. But when he sat down there on that turf, and nobody noticed, and he just sat there, he look just absolutely mentally and emotionally defeated. Not in pain even. Just…he knew he was in big trouble.

The Jets coach needs to get the team back together right dang now imo. I know it’s only been 1 day but every rumor, name, etc has been talked about by the trustable sources. They don’t seem to care that they even won the game. The 49ers anybody? Even the Cowboys for all the heck they catch managed not to let this beat them. I know money and future s*^% is an issue but I wouldn’t worry about that until after payday. 

I'm pretty bummed, I was hoping he'd have a nice season or two and then ride out of the league. Kind of hope he doesn't try and come back, achilles tears are tough enough to come back from when you're young, can't imagine doing it when you're 40+.

• Like 1

Yeah, rehab to get back to "able to play professional football" is a lot bigger bitch than "rehab to be able to walk normally again" and rehab at 39-40 is worse than rehab even a couple years younger. I can't blame him at all if he decides that's enough.

But, then, you don't become an NFL starter QB for 15 years, much less a four time league MVP, without having an absurd amount of competitive drive, so I won't be shocked if he tries to get back out there next season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Famous people get hamstring injuries it seems.

https://www.perfectbalanceclinic.com/hamstring-injuries-and-how-to-treat-them/

Beckham, kobe, LeBron, Serena, tiger, bolt, ... 

It's a muscle imbalance issue. Pretty much every leg exercise allows you to load your legs in a way where your quads get very strong,  but very few exercises allow you to strengthen your hamstrings in the same way. So most people have overdeveloped quads and underdeveloped hammys, and when you run hard and fast they're prone to pop. It's probably the most common muscle injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all the "We're keeping 90% of the team and aiming to go back to the Super Bowl" pre-season hype, The Eagles have looked like ass for now 5 quarters.

You don't win with ZERO points off back to back turnovers.

• Like 1