DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TWO

dogwelder

Had a perfectly good opportunity to kick a 45-yd FG at the 4th and 1 they had, but JaLeN hUrTs AlWaYs MaKeS tHeSe so they go for it and squander the possession.  The FG would've only put them up 16, but at least it forces MIN to go for 2 each time.  Would be hilarious if the Vikes come back and win it now.

EDIT: Welp!

Edited by Contentious C

I happened to be born with tight hamstrings and tendons, and they cut both of my achilles as a youngun I think. I never actually asked anybody what they actually did. They did some kind of surgery. I barely remember any of it.

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of the Vikings. I know 0-2 was a meme of doom for a long time but we’re in the era of 7-8 playoff teams. 

The Eagles haven’t looked great but they’ve took care of business. They’re a winning team that finds a way to win. A whole bunch of other teams would have blew that game, like the Colts did last year. 

2 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Hey remember when everyone said you can't draft Bryce Young because he'd be turnt to dust immediately by real NFL D-linemen?  Turns out that's gonna happen to the #2 pick instead

At least CJ Stroud buys his clothes in the Men section.  Bryce Young still gets all the good Nikes from the store, because he never hit his growth spurt.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

and the Chiefs championship hangover is continuing

Mahomes is going to choke one of his receivers by the end of the year.  That pass wasn't good, but the receiver didn't even make a play on the ball, he just kept running like he didn't know he could jump with the defender.  

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And Anthony Richardson is concussed 

I was talking to my friend who is a Colts fan after last week's game, and I was telling him that Richardson looks like the best athlete on the field , but also looks like this is the first time he's ever run with a football.  When he gets hit, it looks like he didn't realize that the defense was allowed to do that.  He gets crushed.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well there are at least times where Josh thought he can leap over a 6 foot guy and failed miserably.   So in terms of running it is still there

I was sure Kansas City & Jacksonville would be more scoring

I think it was only once near the goal line he tried to jump over someone and I really don't have an issue with that, I don't want him completely neutered. But the "throw it deep into double coverage for no reason" shit had to stop, they aren't throwing deep at all today probably by design. Only deep-ish pass was on a free play. Just really safe throws under 20 yards, giving what the defense gives him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well there are at least times where Josh thought he can leap over a 6 foot guy and failed miserably.   So in terms of running it is still there

I was sure Kansas City & Jacksonville would be more scoring

Well Josh will still make Josh plays, but he's been taking what the defense gives him, which is great. Play calls seem better as well..

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I have to give him credit, Desmond Ridder just made a hell of a play.

Today I learned that if you are facing the sideline, your toes are enough for you to be in bounds, but if you are facing the field, your heels have to touch too.