DVDVR Message Board

The Termination of CM Punk by The Coward Tony Khan

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, Super Ape said:

with cause (possible lawsuit)

12 minutes ago, SovietShooter said:

So, IANAL, but how exactly does that work?  "With Cause" means he violated his contract, right?

"Does that mean I'm not getting paid?"
"That's what I'm saying."

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

Mystery Collision GM booking the show via text message

Adam Page booked to cut constant promos saying "I am soft"

To me the real missed opportunity match is Punk/Page. The story they could have told would have been easy but engaging and Page could use someone to structure his matches for him to maximize the impact of his style

Not sure if this has been mentioned here already (I did not see it in the last couple of pages), but the latest Observer has a curious line about the incident:

Unlike with other situations, the belief is that there were surveillance cameras with footage of all of what happened.

Knowing this and Punk being fired outright (instead of trying to settle it), i.e. AEW apparently not being afraid of a lawsuit, this makes me consider that the versions where Punk sucker-punched Perry might not be that far from the truth (of course, if Perry is getting fired within the next days, my interpretation might be off).

1 minute ago, Ingobernable said:

Like, imagine Austin fighting backstage with Tiger Ali Singh. 

To be fair, there were people shitting in Tiger's turban. So I mean, people were already doing the literal dirty work.

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Also, Austin did get very heated at Jeff Jarrett (to the point Jeff was shook) when he came back through the curtains when Jeff returned in October 1997. So yeah, Steve did do that.

Although there was previous there, at least with Austin’s feelings toward Jerry if not both of them.

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Although there was previous there, at least with Austin’s feelings toward Jerry if not both of them.

It was both, which makes it even more petty in the sense that Austin was on such an upward trajectory. If you want to believe Jeff, Russo came up with the idea for Jeff to do that overlong shoot promo when he returned. So namedropping Austin made sense cause it would be weird not to mention Austin. It also doesn't make sense for Steve to be THAT mad considering Jeff was likely never going to be working with him even if he did namedrop Austin. He also went after Vince in his promo (and Vince totally no sold it by putting up a Scream mask to his face while Jeff was ranting fwiw). I think was a case of Steve being too worked up about what happened in USWA and holding on to a grudge he shouldn't have. 

• Like 1

Punk’s unofficial spokesman (according to Reddit) Nick Hausman put out an article saying a sit-down with Punk & the Elite was supposed to happen in Atlanta a few days before All In (Wednesday?) but it was cancelled by the Elite last minute and that frustrated/pissed Punk off and then, well…

• Haha 1

In the words of Dutch Mantel, "I'd fire them both." 

Truthfully, this fucking sucks and I hate this. However, I'm glad a decision was made and the bandaid was ripped off. Now, what happens next remains to be seen. There could be some major fallout from this. Punk might attempt to sue AEW and WBD, but we'll see. 

Perry is also at fault and responsible here. He poked the bear and went rogue on an important night for AEW when it was not the night to peacock and cause trouble. I hope he does not escape disciplinary action. At the very least, suspension without pay for a number of months. 

Secondly,

community-joel-mc-hale.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Punk’s unofficial spokesman (according to Reddit) Nick Hausman put out an article saying a sit-down with Punk & the Elite was supposed to happen in Atlanta a few days before All In (Wednesday?) but it was cancelled by the Elite last minute and that frustrated/pissed Punk off and then, well…

Who’s ready to go full tinfoil hat about this and the transportation situation? Need someone to really commit to the bit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Who’s ready to go full tinfoil hat about this and the transportation situation? Need someone to really commit to the bit.

The EVPs who can't run a Target instigated this. They sabotaged Punk's travel arrangements coming into London, canceled the meeting, and probably egged Jack Perry on backstage to strike back at CM Punk.

The backstage situation was a powder keg, but kiddie incompetent EVPs lit the match. Colt Cabana probably did something too after Punk tried to get him fired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

The EVPs who can't run a Target instigated this. They sabotaged Punk's travel arrangements coming into London, canceled the meeting, and probably egged Jack Perry on backstage to strike back at CM Punk.

The backstage situation was a powder keg, but kiddie incompetent EVPs lit the match. Colt Cabana probably did something too after Punk tried to get him fired.

I always knew it would be you. The Seat is empty, The Board is hungry.

And the tears I cried for ol' Punker / Are gonna flood you, Big River / And I'm gonna post right here until I die.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Noticing some people who stuck their pro-Punk flag in the ground deep holding on to the idea that there's a lawsuit coming or a settlement or something.

Billionaire Homeboy's legal counsel just gave him the green light to say what he said on live TV. AEW has this whole incident on video and if they're this confident in moving this quickly, they've got him dead to rights. Especially considering how hesitant they were willing to act the last time. I understand if you're deep into the discourse and have been dropping Elite-bad-Punk-good takes online for the last year, but the writing's on the wall. You gotta let that go.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 9

I don’t know if there was anything that showed Punk’s true character than when he took a shot at “EVPs not able to manage a Target.”

What a piece of garbage, dismissive thing to say about retail work, especially from someone who openly compares himself to Joe Strummer. 

Also - managing a Target is hard as hell. There is absolutely no way Phil Brooks could manage a Target. Can you imagine how he’d act regarding a customer return issue? Let alone some of the very complicated and hard things that come up in managing an incredibly busy store that is a 24-hour operation? He would last one day and probably put the company in litigation.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

I don’t know if there was anything that showed Punk’s true character than when he took a shot at “EVPs not able to manage a Target.”

What a piece of garbage, dismissive thing to say about retail work, especially from someone who openly compares himself to Joe Strummer. 

Also - managing a Target is hard as hell. There is absolutely no way Phil Brooks could manage a Target. Can you imagine how he’d act regarding a customer return issue? Let alone some of the very complicated and hard things that come up in managing an incredibly busy store that is a 24-hour operation? He would last one day and probably put the company in litigation.

To me what he said about Cabana and his mother was pretty garbage thing to say and he had no right to say that. Even if Cabana was at fault for their falling out, that was a despicable thing to say, and it was basically doxing of Cabana's mom. Did he even ever apologize for that? He had no right to say and it's also exposing private financial info.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Punk in name. Punk in nature.

I dunno, I feel like he was not very Punk at all.

It kinda felt, and I'm armchair mindreading here, like he thought he could show up in AEW and be all of the things he thought he should've been in WWE. The locker room leader, the guy who draws the house, and teaches the youngsters how to "do business the right way."

I'd say in this case AEW was "Punk" and Punk was the guy who thought he was punk but really just wanted to be the establishment.

But what do I know. I don't know these people. I've heard the locker room was pretty toxic before he ever got there, and some of the folks being labeled as "hard to work with" are victims of clique bullshit.

So maybe they're all lame balls and there is no hero in this story.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TheVileOne said:

To me what he said about Cabana and his mother was pretty garbage thing to say and he had no right to say that. Even if Cabana was at fault for their falling out, that was a despicable thing to say, and it was basically doxing of Cabana's mom. Did he even ever apologize for that? He had no right to say and it's also exposing private financial info.

Oh it was so awful. Just a total garbage person move. What was the point, even?  “I am mad that these people think I did something to Colt and I totally didn’t by the way he has access to his mom’s bank account I totally did not screw over Colt.” 

Going into business on Hangman after having a few months to stew about things was also something that should have gotten him fired. Going off-script like that on live TV was really unprofessional. 

I do not care one bit about The Elite (and I am including Hangman here.) But unless I missed something, those guys just went about their business. No potshots or knocks, but just handling themselves professionally.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Colt's refusal to get involved in public poo flinging contests is something lots of people could learn from. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Oh it was so awful. Just a total garbage person move. What was the point, even?  “I am mad that these people think I did something to Colt and I totally didn’t by the way he has access to his mom’s bank account I totally did not screw over Colt.” 

Going into business on Hangman after having a few months to stew about things was also something that should have gotten him fired. Going off-script like that on live TV was really unprofessional. 

I do not care one bit about The Elite (and I am including Hangman here.) But unless I missed something, those guys just went about their business. No potshots or knocks, but just handling themselves professionally.

To play devil's advocate, The Elite did the biting spot on TV, and I think the G2S after they came back. But yeah, all that aside, to do that to Cabana's mother was awful.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2