DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEPTEMBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Sublime said:

I thought that was a good probability when this stuff started up but it’s gone on long enough that I don’t think it’s a work, unless they worked themselves into a shoot with themselves. 

Nah. If you do that too much you go blind.

• Haha 5

Wow. There sure is a lot to unpack over the last few pages...

I guess I'll just focus on 1) being surprised that Deeb is married to Marty and what a fucking dummy you'd have to be to bring Marty backstage to anything without asking and 2) man, I really like Danhausen calling dudes out on the internet.

• Like 3

Looks like their will be some sort of scheduling quirk for Rampage in November. AEW just announced new dates:

Nov 22 Dynamite only in Chicago

Nov 25 Rampage/Collision in Pittsburgh. 

Will be interesting to see when this Rampage gets aired.

@Matt D

Yet even with as far as Eddie had come, it wasn't enough. Old wounds nagged at him. Claudio was simply too good. Eddie strove, he fought, he failed. He left in defeat, accepted a long-needed surgery. And then, instead of trying once more, he recentered himself, found himself where he truly belonged. He competed in the G1, the closest thing left to the world he had idolized. He took pilgrimage to the restaurant of the retired master. Kobashi bandies about with his smile and his pose. Kawada is an old dragon in his dusty lair, no longer part of the world he helped to make, a world that got away from them all. But he met with Kingston, heard his tale, imparted wisdom: The Power Bomb. Not the Northern Lights Bomb. No. The Power Bomb. One last sword forged, one last secret told, one last order given.

This is really beautiful 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

@Matt D

This is really beautiful 

It felt a little trite to directly reference this, but that's kind of the vibe I was stretching for. Obviously with huge specific differences but, sort of if you squint, you know. It's a trope of sorts and the trope fit the moment even if the parallel isn't direct.

Spoiler

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Bill: You hocked a Hattori Hanzo Sword?

Budd: Yep.

Bill: It was priceless.

Budd: Well, not in El Paso, it ain't. In El Paso I got me $250 for it.

"Everybody's got a price... for a Hattori Hanzo Sword" *Ted Dibiase laugh*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/28/2023 at 12:55 PM, Infinit said:

Looks like their will be some sort of scheduling quirk for Rampage in November. AEW just announced new dates:

Nov 22 Dynamite only in Chicago

Nov 25 Rampage/Collision in Pittsburgh. 

Will be interesting to see when this Rampage gets aired.

Stop running Chicago so much! Let them breathe!