DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

PHEW... hoo boy. And she's dating that creep.ย 

You know, I've never known someone to renounce religion forย not being homophobic enough. That is a brand new one.ย 

While she herself hasn't outright said anything, I'm going to take fucking him as a pretty big endorsement of the views.

The LGBT wrestler Charlie Morgan also alleged during the Speaking Out period that Saraya Knight and others in the family practised violent homophobic hazing and other sleazy, abusive stuff against her and other trainees, kind of grim having this gaggle of wretched cunts paraded at stuff like this as like a funny embarrassing UK soap opera family tbh!

ย 

https://www.diva-dirt.com/saraya-knight-and-family-accused-of-abuse/

Edited by Firebreaker Chip
  • Like 1

So apparently there was a major issue with Air Traffic Control in the UK over the last few 24 hours, loads of flights cancelled. Lots of fans who flew in for the show are stuck in England until Wednesday at the earliest. I wonder if all of the Wrestlers have made it out?

I'm not saying it was hard to make things out from the nosebleed seats, but this morning there was a debate over the breakfast table between me and my wife about who won the main event.

ย 

Don't know if it was intentional but it really helped having so many matches be white gear vs black gear.

You were way up high, but watching the ring and not the screens? Fuck, I was on the pitch and had to watch the screens a bunch because fuckers kept standing in front of me.

Brandon Cutler had the same problem while trying to do Cutler Cam in today's BTE. He looks to have started out with a similar distance to me (with fewer interposing bodies), but one guy kept standing in front, so he had to go to ringside. Not an option for me.

Edited by AxB

31 minutes ago, AxB said:

You were way up high, but watching the ring and not the screens? Fuck, I was on the pitch and had to watch the screens a bunch because fuckers kept standing in front of me.

Brandon Cutler had the same problem while trying to do Cutler Cam in today's BTE. He looks to have started out with a similar distance to me (with fewer interposing bodies), but one guy kept standing in front, so he had to go to ringside. Not an option for me.

Youโ€™d be a great assistant stooge.

3 hours ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

The LGBT wrestler Charlie Morgan also alleged during the Speaking Out period that Saraya Knight and others in the family practised violent homophobic hazing and other sleazy, abusive stuff against her and other trainees, kind of grim having this gaggle of wretched cunts paraded at stuff like this as like a funny embarrassing UK soap opera family tbh!

ย 

https://www.diva-dirt.com/saraya-knight-and-family-accused-of-abuse/

They run a yearly Pride show, have numerous 'out' performers on their roster and no complaints ever came to anything. But people jump on the first source they find which is why it's become trendy to dump on them. Zack Knight is one of the nicest people I've ever met and I wish nothing but the best for him and hope he ends up in AEW permanently. He deserves it on talent alone.ย 

I was also at the show, I SAW STING in the REAL LIFE~! It was amazing. Moxley getting skewers stuck in him like Sonic was 5*. A lot of the volume got lost in the air of the big stadium, the BOOMs were so loud the ground shook.ย 

Here's comments from my casual viewer girlfriend:

• Claudio = Tall Mark Strong
  • Moxley = Gorgeous George (From Snatch)
  • Orange Cassidy = Also a traveller
  • Luchasaurus & Penta = Ooh I love their gear/masks so much I want a mask like that
  • Adam Cole = He's so pretty, the TV makes him look much bigger he's tiny but look at his hair he's so prettyย (๐Ÿ˜‘.)
  • Dasha (After I basically drooled on the floor) ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘"She's ok I guess"๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘
  • Jack Perry & Hook = Foetuses / They're so young but they have lovely hair.
  • Christian (After I showed her insulting everyone's dads) "I HATE HIM SO MUCH!"ย 
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, AxB said:

I found myself alternating between 'why have I come all this way to sit and watch the home feed' when I glanced down and realised I was able to make out the action (rope running sequences mainly) and my default 'why am I squinting at the ring when I can actually see what's happening on the screens provided' the rest of the time. There were a few occasions when my eyes were fixed on the entranceway waiting for wrestlers to appear only for me to notice in the corner of my eye on the screens that they were already in the ring. Hopefully that makes you feel better. And you had a bigger screen! I had to give my eyes a rest a few times the same way I do after staring at a screen all day for work.

I had the solace of knowing that I basically sampled the Wrestlemania experience for cheap which might not apply to you. I imagine for many seats you had neither the comfort of home viewing or the intimacy of live wrestling, but at least you get the atmosphere. Although it sounds like a backhanded compliment the entrances were highpoints of the evening for me as I could take in the full spectacle.

Was also happy that distance from the ring didn't put those around me off from heckling or trying to start chants. No commentary for us obviously so for example the double clothesline pin is absolutely enhanced by a voice from behind screaming 'WHERE'S TONY? WHERE'S TONY AND HIS HEADSET?'

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So apparently there was a major issue with Air Traffic Control in the UK over the last few 24 hours, loads of flights cancelled. Lots of fans who flew in for the show are stuck in England until Wednesday at the earliest. I wonder if all of the Wrestlers have made it out?

There are definitely flights out of the UK this evening. It might take some creativity, but they can almost certainly get everyone they need out. Jack and Phil they can obviously leave behind.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Salads said:

ย There were a few occasions when my eyes were fixed on the entranceway waiting for wrestlers to appear only for me to notice in the corner of my eye on the screens that they were already in the ring. Hopefully that makes you feel better.ย 

Oh yeah, that entranceway wasn't raised up at all. MJF's main event entrance was the only one I could see clearly, and he was on a bloody palanquin. Most other wrestlers, the tops of their heads weren't visible over the crowd.

I was close enough to hear the ring though. Any of the biggest bumps, I heard. A few choppers were loud enough to reach me (Samoa Joe's sounded brutal, even over a hundred yards away).

My section got a brief 'Fuck the Tories' chant going during Ospreay vs Jericho. I threw in a perfunctory one but then remembered I was trying to enjoy a wrestling match and stopped. The guy to my right got visibly agitated and asked the world in general if they'd rather have Labour instead, and I thought about saying yes, Corbyn's gone now and 2023 Labour couldn't help but be an improvement over the current lot of reheated Boris Johnson leftover bastards, but then remembered I was trying to enjoy a wrestling match and said nothing.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Sue made it! Iโ€™m still think a Sue action figure with a minivan would sell.

Also if WrestleDream is an Inoki tribute PPV whose wrestling the 7 foot karate champion in a WWF Martial Arts Championship defense?

Satnam Singh will be playing the 7 ft. karate guy.

Iโ€™m aware of where Iโ€™m asking this and Iโ€™m sure theres people on here who have seen it but has anyone seen Babaโ€™s Inoki Parody Match?

Well if you havenโ€™t here you go:

ย 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Babaโ€™s Inoki Parody Match

If Baba really did that on purpose the man will immediately elevate in my standing to top three wrestler ever. But, I highly doubt it.ย 

In case you haven't seen it before this is the worst wrestling match ever.

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If Baba really did that on purpose the man will immediately elevate in my standing to top three wrestler ever. But, I highly doubt it.ย 

Is it worse than Inoki vs. The Great Antonio, or is that the match you're referring to?ย 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

ย 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxB said:

I was close enough to hear the ring though. Any of the biggest bumps, I heard. A few choppers were loud enough to reach me (Samoa Joe's sounded brutal, even over a hundred yards away).

The ring was mic'd up so well I could hear punches from three rows back from the top.

The only real difficulty I had with picking out wrestlers was telling one Jackson from the other. Then again, my mate was asking me after the show if I actually saw any matches at all but I don't know if that was his eyes, or the significant quantity of whisky he put down before we got in. Then again, my other buddy had a problem with the booze, too.

Spoiler

WhatsApp_Image_2023-08-28_at_17.12.56.jp

Stadium Stampede was worth it just for the look on one guy's face when he saw the skewers go into Mox's head, which I think actually says more about how desensitised I've become from watching Jun Kasai matches than it does about him; but I think for me the match of the night was the Coffin match. Did do the scissors with just about anyone when the Acclaimed won. I might use "a bigger disgrace than Prince Andrew" in my daily life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2