DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

It's probably going to depend on what's open that weekend if they haven't already booked it. I would say Liacouras Center is probably the first choice. It's booked, they will go with the next biggest available venue.

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

What about a show at MSG???

Tony has already said he thinks the idea of running Mania weekend is bush league, but he only does it with ROH because of tradition - seems running a big show at MSG would be hypocritical

And I'm assuming the Hall of Fame in Philadelphia on Friday night will be headlined by Heyman going in - and anyone who dares run opposite that is going to get a lot of flack regardless of the arena size

Second-hand WON rumors:

• FTR vs. Young Bucks
  • Kenny Omega vs. Konosuke Takeshita
  • Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho
  • BCC vs. Eddie Kingston & Orange Cassidy & ?
  • CM Punk vs either Samoa Joe/Ricky Starks/Jay White
  • Jeff Jarrett vs Grado

I was cautiously optimistic about Cassidy vs Moxley though I don't want to see Cassidy lose, but Cassidy teaming with Kingston sounds amazing. On some level it makes sense for Punk to vanquish Starks and move on to the singles feud with White he hasn't had yet, but that still seems a little light, even with All Out around the corner.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Second-hand WON rumors:

• FTR vs. Young Bucks
  • Kenny Omega vs. Konosuke Takeshita
  • Will Ospreay vs. Chris Jericho
  • BCC vs. Eddie Kingston & Orange Cassidy & ?
  • CM Punk vs either Samoa Joe/Ricky Starks/Jay White
  • Jeff Jarrett vs Grado

I was cautiously optimistic about Cassidy vs Moxley though I don't want to see Cassidy lose, but Cassidy teaming with Kingston sounds amazing. On some level it makes sense for Punk to vanquish Starks and move on to the singles feud with White he hasn't had yet, but that still seems a little light, even with All Out around the corner.

I'm hoping for FTR vs. Young Bucks providing FTR win. Like Omega vs. Takeshita. LOL at Ospreay vs. Jericho. Think people will be disappointed there's no Omega/Ospreay III. Makes sense to as Ospreay fights before his home country like Omega did in their rematch. I'd rather see Punk vs. Joe then Punk vs. White. Both will be great. Bummed Danielson won't be wrestling.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I'm hoping for FTR vs. Young Bucks providing FTR win. Like Omega vs. Takeshita. LOL at Ospreay vs. Jericho. Think people will be disappointed there's no Omega/Ospreay III. Makes sense to as Ospreay fights before his home country like Omega did in their rematch. I'd rather see Punk vs. Joe then Punk vs. White. Both will be great. Bummed Danielson won't be wrestling.

I don’t want to see Punk vs Joe for the simple fact they just ran it as part of the Owen tournament, and seeing Joe lose twice in two months to Punk doesn’t feel right to me. But at the same time I don’t want to see Jay lose to him either. So throw Starks in there. Then people can claim he helped draw 80,000. Never mind the fact Starks is constantly propped up by other main event talents. Oh wait that argument only works for discrediting Adam Cole? My bad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I don’t want to see Punk vs Joe for the simple fact they just ran it as part of the Owen tournament, and seeing Joe lose twice in two months to Punk doesn’t feel right to me. But at the same time I don’t want to see Jay lose to him either. So throw Starks in there. Then people can claim he helped draw 80,000. Never mind the fact Starks is constantly propped up by other main event talents. Oh wait that argument only works for discrediting Adam Cole? My bad.

I'd like to see Punk/Joe run back as it'd get more time on PPV but Joe would have to lose again while as ROH World Television Champion. Joe's aura wouldn't be diminished. I want to see Punk/White but yeah, White would lose but least he would to one of the biggest AEW stars instead of someone lower down the food chain. We've seen Punk/Starks twice and this would be the third time and that feels a step down to the other matches we've mentioned.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Leonidas said:

Yeah, that will be a tough crowd even if she's English. I feel like Shida is an honorary Brit as she learnt our language from watching Harry Potter and the like and has an adorable Japanese/British accent because of it.

So who else is going? I'm on the pitch, currently have a spare ticket due to letdowns, will likely resale it soon.

Who are you all most looking forward to seeing? 

I'm going, seats to the side of the entrance, and really looking forward to it. Taking my wife and two sons, and hopefully my Dad, so it's a bit of a family outing. Just for the atmosphere and experience, although I hope they will have a strong card and plenty of merchandise to go along with it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Tony has already said he thinks the idea of running Mania weekend is bush league, but he only does it with ROH because of tradition - seems running a big show at MSG would be hypocritical

And I'm assuming the Hall of Fame in Philadelphia on Friday night will be headlined by Heyman going in - and anyone who dares run opposite that is going to get a lot of flack regardless of the arena size

The real issue is that if you're going to do Madison Square Garden during the height of the NBA/NHL season, you better book it NOW. It's not a coincidence that when Ring of Honor booked it that it was so far in advance. Crusty old Bob Arum talks about how it's so damn tough to get dates on the Garden during this time and he has a point.

IMO If you're going to do your first show at MSG, I would make sure it's not going against anything else. That's too historic to waste on a day where you're trying to share attention with something else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'd like to see Punk/Joe run back as it'd get more time on PPV but Joe would have to lose again while as ROH World Television Champion. Joe's aura wouldn't be diminished. I want to see Punk/White but yeah, White would lose but least he would to one of the biggest AEW stars instead of someone lower down the food chain. We've seen Punk/Starks twice and this would be the third time and that feels a step down to the other matches we've mentioned.

I actually wouldn’t mind Joe once I gave it more thought. Especially if it’s for the ROH TV title as that would add a fun story element since that’s a belt Punk never held. Plus so many people (myself included) would like to see Punk do something in ROH again even if it’s a brief thing. 

I hope for Jay that they either have him become the next International champion or they give him and Juice that tag belts with the story being FTR is rundown after so many defenses and he and Juice capitalize on that. It just feels like sometime soon Bullet Club Gold should have some gold, and I really don’t want the Gunns to get the belts again ahead of he and Juice.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LF2 said:

I actually wouldn’t mind Joe once I gave it more thought. Especially if it’s for the ROH TV title as that would add a fun story element since that’s a belt Punk never held. Plus so many people (myself included) would like to see Punk do something in ROH again even if it’s a brief thing. 

I hope for Jay that they either have him become the next International champion or they give him and Juice that tag belts with the story being FTR is rundown after so many defenses and he and Juice capitalize on that. It just feels like sometime soon Bullet Club Gold should have some gold, and I really don’t want the Gunns to get the belts again ahead of he and Juice.

Agree with all that. Gin and Juice best #FTR for the AEW World Tag Team Championship with a big name to end Orange Cassidy long run as AEW International Champion. That's replaced the TNT Championship as the secondary championship in AEW. Frustrating seeing the highs and lows of that belt.

• Like 1

Ok, just the main event shouldn't really be enough for me to get this, but since Monday is payday so I'll probably get this and All Out at the same time. I really hope they end up loading the crap out of both shows. I don't really even know what I'd want to see on these shows? Andrade, RUSH and Dralistico vs House of Black would be cool. FTR vs The Acclaimed rematch and PAC vs Vikingo would both be much appreciated! Look, if injuries ruin some original plans, please go nuts with dream matches to fill the card(s) up!

Edited by Shartnado
Added stuff

Jericho vs ospreay is mystifying to me considering the breakup of JAS is the storyline and he should be wrestling Garcia or Guevara. Ospreay v Hangman would be a much better match and make more sense.

Don’t know why they didn’t save the first Joe Punk match in 18 years for the PPV instead of running it for the second time in less than two months. I’m assuming plans changed an something else fell through. Fuck Punk, for the record.

I’m assuming we would’ve gotten Danielson v ZSJ or the slightly teased Danielson v McGuinness match.

Kenny v Takeshita and Bucks FTR III will be the shit

• Like 4

4 hours ago, porksweats said:

You know Jericho vs Ospreay will come from Ospreay being intro'd as the new Callis signing and shunning Jericho after he lost all his own followers.

That's just my book it booker man idea.

I like it. Callis does what not even MJF could do and manages to completely isolate Jericho from anyone who’d have his back…

• Like 2