DVDVR Message Board

THE AFTERMATH - WWE TV - 4/3 - 4/9/2023

Dolfan in NYC

Truly, some of the worst times to be on this board are when Nice Guy Greg gets frustrated that other people don’t like the same thing that he does and he turns into Passive Aggressive Condescending Greg who wants to lecture you about how you’re dumb and not watching the show the right way.

Really dispiriting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

The way the feds treat their fans

That Other Place (TM): "We'll give the people what they want."

This Godforsaken Place: "Hahaha fuck you. No seriously. Fuck you. We get all our money from Peacock now, so go fuck yourselves. With a cactus. We'll do it our way"

Probably closer to..

The Other Place: "We'll give somebody what they want provided our guys don't get hurt or fight with each other backstage over stupid stuff"

This Place: "Look, we're getting paid, we don't really have to put it into another gear"

Imagine using Daniel Bryan circa 2014 as an example when that only happened because Punk walked out and the fans were massively into Bryan and they knew Batista/Orton would get shit on hard. The triple threat wasn’t some long term plan. And If Punk stayed, he would have been against Triple H at WrestleMania 30.

• Like 2

Just now, EVA said:

Truly, some of the worst times to be on this board are when Nice Guy Greg gets frustrated that other people don’t like the same thing that he does and he turns into Passive Aggressive Condescending Greg who wants to lecture you about how you’re dumb and not watching the show the right way.

Really dispiriting.

Oh I will just be aggressive Gregg. I think there are a lot of people who don’t watch WWE who came out of the woodwork to shit on WWE. There is all kinds of stupidity being posted here about proof that Vince is back (how?) or then burying Cody Rhodes (dude just main evented WM, a Brock feud is a big fucking deal) or whatever else.

Like… go watch AEW then. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Really dispiriting.

Honestly,  that's better than 90% of the thread made up of people screeching that its not booked specifically to them, even though they don't watch it, and they give up, again, and am going to Wednesday where everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Yall mother fuckers never stopped watching, you won't stop watching, and the performative outrage and making a show of "never watching again, to AEW!" has gotten boring. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Imagine using Daniel Bryan circa 2014 as an example when that only happened because Punk walked out and the fans were massively into Bryan and they knew Batista/Orton would get shit on hard. The triple threat wasn’t some long term plan. And If Punk stayed, he would have been against Triple H at WrestleMania 30.

Did you get what you want in 2014 or are you just relying on a bunch of nonsense rumor mill stuff? 

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Probably closer to..

The Other Place: "We'll give somebody what they want provided our guys don't get hurt or fight with each other backstage over stupid stuff"

This Place: "Look, we're getting paid, we don't really have to put it into another gear"

yeah. Here's the thing. as I said, I get the idea you want to get Cody away from Roman and move on to the next challenger (who will lose via Bloodline interference), but WWE pulled this out of their ass. The amount of times they've pulled this means I won't have the reaction "Gee, I'd better watch next week to see how/if Brock explains himself".. it's more like "Welp, they're fucking up by the numbers again, I'll watch again in a few months, maybe"

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

Possibility 1: Everything is part of the plan. This is all for your own good. They're acting in good faith. They acted in good faith in 2013-14 instead of just heating up Danielson to heat up Orton to heat up Batista to heat up Brock.

Possibility 2: The guy who has so much money that he could do anything he could possibly want to in life wants one thing and one thing only: control. You will like what he wants you to like or else you'll suffer through it all anyway. 

I'd say the truth is somewhere in the middle, but you know what? I don't actually believe that.

3 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Did you get what you want in 2014 or are you just relying on a bunch of nonsense rumor mill stuff? 

I’m a Punk guy. So, no, I didn’t.

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Honestly,  that's better than 90% of the thread made up of people screeching that its not booked specifically to them, even though they don't watch it, and they give up, again, and am going to Wednesday where everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Yall mother fuckers never stopped watching, you won't stop watching, and the performative outrage and making a show of "never watching again, to AEW!" has gotten boring. 

Watching the Super Bowl every year doesn't mean you have to sit through the regular season

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Not a really good show but I think it is more because they just had WM and not a lot of time to put a show together tonight aside from the angle to close the show. 

this strikes me as a weak defense of a poorly-received episode.

Why would it be true that WM the past weekend would justify "not having a lot of time to put a show together tonight"? Is there any indication of anything happening on or around WM that would cause a last-minute rewrite beyond capriciousness? The WWE does not lack the capacity to plan in advance.

Your defense seems to simultaneously be that they are planning and executing a timeless storyline and too inept to make it good.

11 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

This feels like 2013-2014 WWE which was the last time the show was this hot and everyone hated it and crapped on people who said “wait and see how it plays out” and then it paid out with Daniel Bryan winning the big one. 

This is silly revisionist history. It paid out with Bryan winning the big one, then languishing for months with Kane while the focus shifted to Shield/Evolution (good, but not for Bryan) and incoherent McMahon/Bella/Bella dramatics.

• Like 1

There is a certain amount of "Cody should have won the title" that is sorta like how people thought that the Iron Sheik won the title because he had the MSG match the month that they decided to end Backlund. Like Cody should have won the title purely because he just happened to be the guy that they put into the WM match.

I remember the good ol days of 20-25 years ago when the underdogs being held down by the bookerman were better than Cody. But for obvious reasons, we prefer to not think about how much we liked Benoit until he murdered his family.

Hell, Booker T kinda got screwed over harder than Cody by not winning the title over HHH at Wrestlemania. So it's easier when you're not as totally surprised.

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Not technically true. In past years if the RAW after WM was good, I'd keep watching it in future weeks. That's what WWE wants, to get people to watch the RAW after WM since its one of their bigger shows of the year and like what they see and keep watching. WWE doesn't have to book for Gregg, he's the one that will watch no matter what. He's WWE4Life. But if the majority of the 'well I'll watch and see what they are up to' think the show was bad, that's not our fault. Defensive WWE fans are weird, not everyone is going to like what you like.

I also think its funny that your ilk always turns it into WWE vs. AEW. They are on different nights, people will watch both if they think both are good. We have DVRs. Its not a war. AEW wrestlers watch WWE and WWE wrestlers watch AEW. Its weird online behavior to be so obsessed with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can we all just agree that everyone sucks? If you enjoy the product you have bad taste, can’t dance at parties, and/ or are likely self righteous in your need to defend yourself from people disagreeing with you. If you don’t like the product you are both fake and pretentious, annoyingly play guitar at bond fires, and/or ruining other people’s good times by giving your bad faith takes on the biggest show of the year. If you like certain aspects and dislike other parts of the product you are a coward, pride yourself on being devil’s advocate when your neighbors just want to complain about gas prices, and/ or have a false sense of superiority.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, EVA said:

Really dispiriting.

Yep, it’s sooo much better when you do the same gimmick.

• Like 1

I'm fine with the heel turn because Brock is a mercenary and all it will take is one promo from Heyman saying "Brock hates my guts, but he loves money" to explain it. But I just really liked goofy cowboy face Brock.

Riddle coming back was also a bit of a bummer.

When they do get around to Rhea/Bianca it is absolutely going to rule. Doing Raquel/Rhea before then should be some fun hossy stuff, I hope they give Bianca something as good in the meantime.

Issues with the booking of the main event aside, that was a hot as shit Wrestlemania and I think coming out with an Omos match first was a choice. If you want to kick off with a dominant squash, putting Lashley first would have been better.

Tag team match was hurt by a pretty quiet crowd, but I hope they run it back, those teams absolutely have a banger (tm Taz) in them.

Edited by elizium