DVDVR Message Board

Good deals on GOG and Steam

Cliff Hanger

Starting in about an hour from when I post this, the 2014 steam summer sale is back... to either give us great deals and encourage us to try games which we've heard about but don't want to pay full price (charitable view) or to suck our wallets dry as we add more games to an ever growing backlog that we will never EVER clear (addict's view)

• Like 3

Starting in about an hour from when I post this, the 2014 steam summer sale is back... to either give us great deals and encourage us to try games which we've heard about but don't want to pay full price (charitable view) or to suck our wallets dry as we add more games to an ever growing backlog that we will never EVER clear (addict's view)

Oh, damn.  Goodbye, expendable funds.

Oh, damn.  Goodbye, expendable funds.

Nothing for me today in the Steam sales. Freespace maybe, but I wish Descent II & III were on 75% off.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Not sure if it's on sale, but it's only 9.99 anyway (pre-release)...Ultimate General:  Gettysburg is awesome if you're into that sort of thing.  It's great. 

With the Steam Summer Sale on te way what has everyone picked up so far?

I'm broke though I did pick up E.Y.E:Divine Cybermancy for $1 and One Way Heroics for 87 cents.

Haven't been able to get into E.Y.E much yet but what I have played with One Way has been pretty enjoyable so far.

All my daughter plays is The Sims 3. We have already bought her about 3 or 4 add ons. I bought it with the Humble Bundle last year and she loves it. 

For the last hour or so she has been loving Terraria.

The little bit I played I really really enjoyed. Will play more of it tonight when family is in bed.

GOG did the smart thing by having a summer sale at the same time as Steam's. Although I bought about 9 things on Steam (including Beyond Divinity & Divine Divinity, Payday 2, Van Helsing II and Unepic), I sorta feel 'done' with the sale this year. Unless Starbound shows up as a daily deal.

GOG did the smart thing by having a summer sale at the same time as Steam's. Although I bought about 9 things on Steam (including Beyond Divinity & Divine Divinity, Payday 2, Van Helsing II and Unepic), I sorta feel 'done' with the sale this year. Unless Starbound shows up as a daily deal.

Stardound is one of the odd games that has no base discount so I wouldn't hold your breath

Kentucky Route Zero is on sale for half off for the next 8 hours. I highly recommend it, but keep in mind it's an episodic adventure game that's taking a "when it's done" approach to putting episodes out. It was a year between 2 and 3. However, what they're doing with the time is making a really amazing surreal american gothic adventure game. It is a game for people who have been driving on winding roads late at night, stopping at a fork between where they were supposed to go and where they weren't, and regret taking the right road. 

• Like 1