DVDVR Message Board

Good deals on GOG and Steam

Cliff Hanger

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend's GOG sale is French stuff. Mostly post-boom point and click, but also Another World (in the unlikely event you care but don't alrewdy have it), Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy and, inexplicably, Raiden Legacy. (I guess the PC publisher is French? I thought the games were made in Japan.)

So they're having some big to-do on GOG.com next couple weeks.

Anyone with an account there can get Mount & Blade free right now just by going to the GOG page and pressing the appropriate button near the top of the page. Also if you scroll down there's another banner for The Witcher 2 (and some movie, but who cares about that), and if you come and click that once a day for the next week, you get Witcher 2 free. So that's a pretty good deal I would say.

I will add it to my list of "shit I legally own but can't actually download on my Canadian internet" collection, which is getting really extensive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crusader Kings II and all its DLC/expansion packs are 75% off this week.

I mention this because I actually bought it last week.  For full price.

What's more hilarious, is you can buy the game and all it's DLC in one big ol bundle.  The current price for that bundle is, with the ongoing sale, literally the exact same price I paid for just the bare bones base game a week ago.

I feel quite foolish.

Winter Steam sale is live. I'm trying to talk myself out of spending the $7 in my wallet on TeleGlitch. Or Risk of Rain. Or adding money to the wallet to buy both. After all, sale runs through 1/2, so who know what else will pop up...

I've only bought MGR from the steam sales.  I got Ground Zeroes off Greenman for 10 bucks and Battlefield 4 for 5 bucks from Gamestop.  The ancillary deals surrounding the actual steam sale are my jam.  Deus Ex HR Directors Cut is in my sweet spot but I already beat the main game and missing link.  I hear that you're forced to play missing link in the middle of the game.  Who the hell am I kidding?

What I really want to see is sub-$10 Civ V complete.

• 4 weeks later...

Wave 2 of the Lucasarts library has been released.  KOTOR2, Battlefront 2, The rest of the X-Wing series, Full Editions of Galatic Battlegrounds and Empire at War (with the expansions), Dark Forces 1 and 2.  Bunch of awesome shit.