Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2022


Recommended Posts

NJPW Best of the Super Juniors 29 spoiler:

Spoiler

FRqea8xVUAAB3aG?format=jpg&name=small

This year’s Best of the Super Junior tournament begins on May 15 in Aichi and ends on June 3 in Budokan Hall.

Wheeler. Yuta. Hell yeah! Hopefully this means AEW representation in the G1 Climax. Bryan Danielson, please and thank you.

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Wheeler Yuta (among a few other names like Ace Austin, El Lindaman, and Alex Zayne) was announced for the Best of the Super Juniors this year.

And so it begins!

Danielson in the G1. Calling it now.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

No question, it might well be why he left WWE in the first place.

Man could you imagine a juiced G1 with the likes of Danielson, Samoa Joe, and someone else. Have Jericho send Daniel Garcia so NJPW can "have a taste of sports entertaiment".

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The story about Danielson saying he wanted to bleed and Vince saying, “I can’t give that to you,” like a couple that were breaking up because one didn’t want kids is one of the sweeter Vince anecdotes. 

  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t want to get anyone down but just realized that in a better world, Larry Sweeney would be managing Jade Cargill and they would be setting up an inter gender match after they turn on each other and she would squash him in 10 seconds.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, a world where Podcast Mike costs Jade Cargill the TBS Title, so she fires him and hires Stokely Hathaway to lead her to the AEW Women's Title is one I want to live in. "I used to Mine Diamonds, now I'm all about the Benjamins." Jade is so special. Adding a commodity like Stokely to her act would be a masterstroke. Sorry, just random Sunday afternoon thoughts while I get ready for work...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, just drew said:

Man, a world where Podcast Mike costs Jade Cargill the TBS Title, so she fires him and hires Stokely Hathaway to lead her to the AEW Women's Title is one I want to live in. "I used to Mine Diamonds, now I'm all about the Benjamins." Jade is so special. Adding a commodity like Stokely to her act would be a masterstroke. Sorry, just random Sunday afternoon thoughts while I get ready for work...

I cosign this just so we can see his interactions with the Baddies.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, I don't want to know what happened at Venice Beach.  Or do I?

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (BP) said:

The story about Danielson saying he wanted to bleed and Vince saying, “I can’t give that to you,” like a couple that were breaking up because one didn’t want kids is one of the sweeter Vince anecdotes. 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Word is Danielson said he really wanted to bleed and Vince's reply was, "Bryan, I would do anything for love, but I won't do that."

  • Haha 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I don’t want to get anyone down but just realized that in a better world, Larry Sweeney would be managing Jade Cargill and they would be setting up an inter gender match after they turn on each other and she would squash him in 10 seconds.

Sweeney and Kingston being able to run back their feud on a big stage would have been so great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

No question, it might well be why he left WWE in the first place.

 

13 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Literally that and wanting to bleed. Their loss, our gain. 

Its was specifically the blood. Apparently had he stayed he still would have been able to work NJPW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a random, out of left field thought - and I highly doubt anyone would have any real background knowledge or know dollar figures. However, I saw a tweet about how Keith Lee had copywritten "Essence of Excellence" and it got me thinking. WWE copywrites what I feel like is a lot of stuff; from names to nicknames, events, etc. whereas AEW to my knowledge only really has a handful of copywrites. I would imagine the TV shows and PPV names as well as maybe a few select other entries like "forbidden door", but that all leads to my thought.

How much money do you think AEW saves in comparison to WWE just by not copywriting all of the names, nicknames, moves, plethora of shows/events. I'm not privy to how much it costs to copywrite any sort of material, but between all the names that WWE owns, coupled with the ones that they have spent on in the past that they no longer use, I would imagine it's at least a little bit of change right?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Krone Meltzer said:

This is a random, out of left field thought - and I highly doubt anyone would have any real background knowledge or know dollar figures. However, I saw a tweet about how Keith Lee had copywritten "Essence of Excellence" and it got me thinking.

Interesting/cool as that was the nickname of Robert "RD" Evans, who worked with Keith when he first started in 2006. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

This is a random, out of left field thought - and I highly doubt anyone would have any real background knowledge or know dollar figures. However, I saw a tweet about how Keith Lee had copywritten "Essence of Excellence" and it got me thinking. WWE copywrites what I feel like is a lot of stuff; from names to nicknames, events, etc. whereas AEW to my knowledge only really has a handful of copywrites. I would imagine the TV shows and PPV names as well as maybe a few select other entries like "forbidden door", but that all leads to my thought.

How much money do you think AEW saves in comparison to WWE just by not copywriting all of the names, nicknames, moves, plethora of shows/events. I'm not privy to how much it costs to copywrite any sort of material, but between all the names that WWE owns, coupled with the ones that they have spent on in the past that they no longer use, I would imagine it's at least a little bit of change right?

Oof. Okay, first off, you can't copyright a name, or a phrase as short as "Essence of Excellence"; in order for copyright to apply to something, it has to be a substantial work. And it doesn't cost anything to copyright something; it happens automatically. If you create something substantial, you automatically own the copyright on it. (Copyright being literally the right to copy.) So AEW definitely owns the copyright on all of their shows, just as WWE owns the copyright on their shows. This is different from owning the names of those shows, of course.

You're probably thinking of trademarks, which are a different thing entirely. A trademark represents the exclusive right to use something as mark of trade. They can also happen automatically - if you show you've been using a name, phrase, logo, whatever as a mark of trade, then you can argue that it's your trademark. But you can register trademarks to strengthen your claim, which is presumably what Keith Lee did with "Essence of Excellence".

So getting to your actual question - I would imagine there's some sort of administrative fee to register a trademark, yes. But I would also imagine it's peanuts to companies like WWE or AEW.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

I would imagine there's some sort of administrative fee to register a trademark, yes. But I would also imagine it's peanuts to companies like WWE or AEW.

Between 250 and 350 per mark.

I had to look it up -- it was around 170 last time I had to trademark something, but that was a long time ago.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...