DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2022 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Usual warning from Administrators that today is a No Strike Day.

---

A new month with a loaded start to it. The WWE Hall of Fame as The Undertaker headlines inducted by Vince McMahon and WrestleMania XXXVIII featuring Steve Austin doing more physically with Kevin Owens since he retired vs. The Rock at WrestleMania XIX 19 years ago.

There's ROH Supercard of Honor, the first since ROH went on sabbatical now owned by Tony Khan. Said show features the match I'm most looking forward to over the next few days, #FTR vs. Briscoe Brothers in a dream match.

Next week Zack Sabre Jr challenges for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship, I HATE that fucking thing held by Kazuchika Okada at NJPW Hyper Battle, he should win and by tapout, Okada hasn't submitted in seven years.

We'll get the continued build towards AEW Double or Nothing 2022 also.

Enjoy!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:

Apparently it was an "emotional" meeting and now WWE Superstars (tm) can get a piece of their Cameos. 

It's just like when Monsieur Candy gave Big Fred a large beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like how March ended on a note of "Seth Rollins is ..." in the negative since, similar to what "Keith Lee looks like the kind of guy ..." is in the positive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Apparently it was an "emotional" meeting and now WWE Superstars (tm) can get a piece of their Cameos. 

It's just like when Monsieur Candy gave Big Fred a large beer.

We laugh, but it's fucking insane that "independent contractors" have to scrap & fight with management to make money outside of their WWE contract.

They are employees. Pure and simple. Cannot wait for the day someone stands up for that and fucking destroys this BS system.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Taker's HOF speech amuses me greatly both for it's born again Christian social media influencer vibe, but also forgetting to mention Mick Foley at all, and you just know that real-life Brian Griffin is cut about it. 

All those chairshots brother. I'm shocked Brian Lee and Crush got a mention but yeah I'm sure wrestling Twitter gonna make it a bigger deal than it is for Mick

• Like 1

That's a problem bringing up names in thanks and leaving someone accidentally or purposely and said person gets pissed. I thought Undertaker would mention Mick. When I think of Undertaker feuds, it's with Shawn Michaels and Mankind in 1996-1998. I didn't watch the HOF as I hardly ever do, did Undertaker bring Bret Hart up? I'm going to assume Taker did with how highly he's talked about Bret previously.

Edited by The Natural

Did he talk about Rock? Austin? His late 90s PPVs with those guys was just as defining as the earlier Mankind stuff. I mean - yawn - what is he going to do, reel off a hundred names he worked with during 30 years of angles? 

Weird the KroniK angle in WWF stunk so much if he got on well with Brian Adams. Loved KroniK in WCW.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

That's a problem bringing up names in thanks and leaving someone accidentally or purposely and said person gets pissed. I thought Undertaker would mention Mick. When I think of Undertaker feuds, it's with Shawn Michaels and Mankind in 1996-1998. I didn't watch the HOF as I hardly ever do, did Undertaker bring Bret Hart up? I'm going to assume Taker did with how highly he's talked about Bret previously.

I think the bigger problem is that Foley is the OG at booboo face with this sort of thing, whereas Rock/Austin wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Edited by GuerrillaMonsoon

49 minutes ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I think the bigger problem is that Foley is the OG at booboo face with this sort of thing, whereas Rock/Austin wouldn't have given it a second thought.

It's one of those situations where if he does complain, it shines the light on how less of a mainstream star he is than Austin and Rock if he did complain. Although his matches with Hunter and Shawn are more recent even though his HiTC and overall initial feud was way more important to both he an Takers career, I look at it as them putting more importance on tying in Wrestlemania history over most everything else and being as though Hunter just formally retired he wanting to shout him out in Tribute.

• Like 2

One of the AJW shows on IWTV, from 1990, randomly features a men's match. And it's Bulldog KT and Coolie SZ vs Masa Michinoku & Monkey Magic Wakita. Or in modern parlance, Gedo & Jado vs Great Sasuke & Super Delfin. They must have all been super green at that point though.

• Like 2