DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

I missed this rumor - but apparently the internet is trying to will Daniel Radcliffe as Wolverine into existence.

Radcliffe was just asked about it in an interview and said he hasn't been approached about it and assumes that Marvel isn't even considering him for it (He did say he would think about it if asked)

Radcliffe could do it. Conventional leading man Wolverine ended up working out alright for the Fox movies, but when they were going to do X-Men in the early 90s it was supposed to be Bob Hoskins. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Chris Hemsworth posted on Instagram that press has started for Thor: Love and Thunder

The expectation is that a trailer will come out this week

My most anticipated Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie this year.

• Like 2

FP8fKCWWUAoZu7n?format=jpg&name=small

FP8eG2JXsAI3AJl?format=jpg&name=900x900

Best look at Gorr the God Butcher played by Christian Bale from the Marvel Legends Thor: Love and Thunder wave. Hell of a catch getting a talent like Christian Bale into the MCU. This could be one of the best villain performances in comic book movie history. That tier is Heath Ledger's Joker #1 then Josh Brolin's Thanos, Sir Ian McKellen's Magneto and Tom Hiddleston's Loki.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 6:51 AM, J.T. said:

From what I have heard, Matt Smith drags this movie on his back across the finish line.  A shame, really.  Matt deserves better.  He should fire his agent.

If its the same agent that told him to do Terminator Genisys, then yes he should

• Like 1

Don't think I've asked this before. Which MCU costumes do you hold up as the best? I'll split into two posts to break the pictures up.

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-trail

SHIELD Suit, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). There's a reason every Cap suit since is built on this one.

R.e0bf69fe33c68a96c8d0240c2d3c3fd1?rik=i

Iron Man Mk VII, The Avengers/Avengers Assemble (2012) as it's called in the UK. The added bulk, bringing back the circle arc reactor and the silver mixed into it.

OIP.XgllSJDy54QblL_9DmwGMgHaE8?pid=ImgDe

Thor, Avengers: Infinity War (2018). The black and silver armour go well together making the red cape stand out more.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

OIP.KyJzkaSpk0gPwUEWFW97MgHaE7?pid=ImgDe

Doctor Strange (2016). This is my favourite of all six picks. The cape, the belts and the tape going up the wrists and forearms. Wouldn't change a thing.

OIP.CS8eSC2V57nL6fYfruvCtQHaEK?pid=ImgDe

Spider-Man: No Way Home (2022). A beauty. Peter Parker in a simplified free of tech Spidey suit.

cf49f7756c4edc4ecf51c69a365b259a.jpg

Winter Soldier, Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). Looks like it's taken from the book of the same name with tweaks that make it look better. The goggles, the face covering and no wire from the metal arm.

Edited by The Natural

This will be me when I get to The Bad Place.

Ramiro Alanis, from Florida, USA, has reclaimed his record for the most cinema productions attended of the same film, after watching Spider-Man: No Way Home 292 times between 16 December 2021 and 15 March 2022.

That’s a total runtime of 720 hours, or 30 days.

Ramiro previously achieved this record in 2019 with 191 viewings of Avengers: Endgame, but it was broken in 2021 by Arnaud Klein, who watched Kaamelott: First Instalment 204 times.

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2022/4/florida-man-watches-spider-man-no-way-home-292-times-to-break-record-698434