DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

According to Brazilian ticketing website Ingresso, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is set to clock in at 148 minutes. At 2 hours, 28 minutes, that ties it with Spider-Man: No Way Home as the MCU's fourth-longest movie behind Avengers: Infinity War, Eternals, and the three-hour Avengers: Endgame.

Morbius first reactions aren't good to no surprise. Matt Smith is the highlight, he needs to be cast in a proper comic book movie.The post-credits scene is apparently one of the worst ever. How fricking bad is the post-credits scene when it's supposedly the worst part of an already shit movie?!

• Haha 3

I love comic books and comic book movies. I thought Matt Smith was great as the Eleventh Doctor in Doctor Who. I have no interest whatsoever in Morbius. I wish Marvel Studios had the outright rights to Spider-Man because Sony Pictures is so hit and miss. Sony Pictures doing a Morbius movie, a Kraven the Hunter solo and Madame Web. I wanted Kraven the Hunter to be in the Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel before Spider-Man: No Way Home became a live action Into the Spider-Verse.

• Like 2

I just wanna note that I am not creating a separate Morbius thread.

The Let There Be Carnage thread got like 3 posts and there definitely was more interest in that then this hideous looking movie.

The 3 of you who watch Morbius can post them here using spoiler boxes

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I hope Keaton got all of the money to be the linchpin of two separate struggling franchises’ multiverses, especially since he’s admitted he doesn’t understand how it works or what’s happening no matter how many times the producers explained it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I just wanna note that I am not creating a separate Morbius thread.

The Let There Be Carnage thread got like 3 posts and there definitely was more interest in that then this hideous looking movie.

The 3 of you who watch Morbius can post them here using spoiler boxes.

There may be only two of us.  I may just hit up Wikipedia for the plot and call it square.  Two horror joints I want to see (You Won't Be Alone and You Are Not My Mother) are both playing at the Bowtie in Richmond.

• Like 2

From what I have heard, Matt Smith drags this movie on his back across the finish line.  A shame, really.  Matt deserves better.  He should fire his agent.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

From what I have heard, Matt Smith drags this movie on his back across the finish line.  A shame, really.  Matt deserves better.  He should fire his agent.

Read the same repeatedly in reviews. Matt Smith is one of the three best Doctors in Doctor Who history and deserves a better CBM for his talents.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, The Natural said:

According to Brazilian ticketing website Ingresso, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is set to clock in at 148 minutes. At 2 hours, 28 minutes, that ties it with Spider-Man: No Way Home as the MCU's fourth-longest movie behind Avengers: Infinity War, Eternals, and the three-hour Avengers: Endgame.

While there had been rumours of a runtime that clocked in at around 150 minutes, we've now learned that the Doctor Strange follow-up is actually going to be 2 hours and 6 minutes. 

That means the epic Multiversal blockbuster matches Iron Man, and sits right between Iron Man 2 (2 hours and 4 minutes) and Spider-Man: Far From Home (2 hours, 9 minutes). This might disappoint some fans who wanted a more substantial run-time for all those rumoured cameos, but it's only these past few years we've seen Marvel Studios head down that 2 hours and 30 minutes route.

Eternals came under fire for being overlong, so it's possible the studio has taken note of the complaints.

---

That feels short for the ground needing to be covered. I thought 2 hours, 15 minutes or 2 hours and 20 minutes. I actually thought Spider-Man: No Way Home could have added more time on its already long runtime.

Edited by The Natural

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

His career choices post DW have been spotty at best. I presume best thing he’s done is The Crown. 

• Like 1

MCU movies runtimes:

Avengers: Endgame (2019). 3 hours and 1 minute.
Eternals (2021). 2 hours and 36 minutes.
Avengers: Infinity War (2018). 2 hours and 29 minutes.
Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021). 2 hours and 28 minutes.
Captain America: Civil War (2016). 2 hours and 27 minutes.
The Avengers (2012). 2 hours and 23 minutes.
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). 2 hours and 21 minutes.
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017). 2 hours and 17 minutes.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). 2 hours and 16 minutes.
Black Panther (2018) and Black Widow (2021). 2 hours and 14 minutes.
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017). 2 hours and 13 minutes.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021). 2 hours and 12 minutes.
Iron Man 3 (2013) and Thor Ragnarok (2017). 2 hours and 10 minutes.
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019). 2 hours and 9 minutes.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022). 2 hours and 6 minutes.
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and Captain Marvel (2019). 2 hours and 4 minutes.
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014). 2 hour and 2 minutes.
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018). 1 hour and 58 minutes.
Ant-Man (2015). 1 hour and 57 minutes.
Thor (2011) and Doctor Strange (2016). 1 hour and 55 minutes.
The Incredible Hulk (2008) and Thor: The Dark World (2013). 1 hour and 52 minutes.

Edited by The Natural

I’m assuming Tobey had two conversations with the makers of Morbius. The first was weighing the possibility of a cameo and the second one was after it opened when he threatened to kill anyone that talked about conversation one. 

• Haha 4