DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

15 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

...The Spot is not a villain I expected to show up in this. Has dude even had a second appearance in the comics?

It seems like he has had a Renaissance in the Superior Foes type of books in recent years, kind if like the White Rabbit. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tbarrie said:

...The Spot is not a villain I expected to show up in this. Has dude even had a second appearance in the comics?

He's appeared more times than El Muerto, who is getting his own movie. 

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix8/spot_ohnnsm.htm#:~:text=Spot was%2C for a time,until he reverted to normal.

My top MCU Villains:

10. The Vulture.

9. The Winter Soldier.

8. Killmonger.

7. Kilgrave.

6. Doctor Octopus.

5. Wenwu.

4. Loki.

3. Green Goblin.

2. Wilson Fisk/The Kingpin (Marvel Netflix iteration).

1. Thanos.

Hela and Mysterio narrowly missed out.

Alright that's enough, the movie comes out in two weeks anyway...

And, is it weird that we haven't seen a trailer or even a teaser yet for Black Panther 2?   It comes out in about 4 months.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Alright that's enough, the movie comes out in two weeks anyway...

And, is it weird that we haven't seen a trailer or even a teaser yet for Black Panther 2?   It comes out in about 4 months.

No harm in posting updates. It's the biggest Marvel Movies talking point.

As for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, it's not weird. Took a while for Thor: Love and Thunder. The issues with Letitia Weight as well. Film going ahead despite the passing of the late great Chadwick Boseman and how T'Challa/Black Panther won't be recast, that's such a difficult spot for Ryan Coogler, the cast and the audience.

Edited by The Natural

It’s funny to think that there are constantly warehouses full of people in Georgia going insane trying to make these release dates Feige and company set. I think in general a lot of post-Covid big releases are going to end up with director, producer, or editor cuts because everyone’s running around like maniacs to stay on schedule so nobody’s doing their best work. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Not really. Multiverse of Madness and Love & Thunder only got teaser trailers when the release date was around 3 months away (MoM's first teaser: February, L&T: April). They're doing the same thing with the TV shows too, seemingly. Ms. Marvel got one in March (premiere date: June).

Unless it's a huge event film like an Avengers thing, I doubt we get promotional stuff further out than 3 months.

• Like 4

I imagine a few weeks after Love & Thunder has been out we'll get a teaser trailer for Wakanda Forever.

And it's insane how much I don't care about that movie. Chadwick passing away, and the stuff with Letitia Wright, really soured me on the whole thing. I've got no patience for her, or Evangeline Lilly actually, and that sucks because Black Panther and both Ant-Man movies probably cracked my top 10 of all the MCU movies (especially Ant-Man, those movies were just pure fun)

• Like 3

I'm excited for BP2 mostly to see what they do with Namor, but other than that I'm very much in 'wait and see' mode for it.

It's a bit odd that we haven't had any real plot leaks for Thor.  Both Multiverse of Madness and No Way Home had fairly detailed plot leaks well before the movie was out.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I imagine a few weeks after Love & Thunder has been out we'll get a teaser trailer for Wakanda Forever.

And it's insane how much I don't care about that movie. Chadwick passing away, and the stuff with Letitia Wright, really soured me on the whole thing. I've got no patience for her, or Evangeline Lilly actually, and that sucks because Black Panther and both Ant-Man movies probably cracked my top 10 of all the MCU movies (especially Ant-Man, those movies were just pure fun)

I don't give a shit about Black Panther: Wakanda Forever for those reasons. Chadwick Boseman is irreplaceable. Letitia Wright and Evangeline Lily, I have no time for either. With you on everything except Black Panther/Ant-Man aren't in my top ten MCU Movies. Ant-Man I'd say is underrated but I really didn't like the sequel, it resides just outside my bottom five MCU Movies.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1