DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

Marvel Phase V:

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, Feb 2023.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, May 2023.

Blade, November 2023.

Captain America: New World Order, May 2024.

Thunderbolts, July 2024.

---

Mixed bag. Ant-Man's solo films and Guardians of the Galaxy have never done it for me. Preferred both in their appearances in the Russo Brothers films. Be interesting to see how Blade turns out, in content and certification. I'd have kept Captain America as a perfect trilogy, one of the few trophies you can say that about and rarer still a CBM one. This is coming from someone who likes the Bucky Barnes/Sam Wilson love/hate partnership but still feel Bucky should have been passed the shield/mantle. Thunderbolts with the reverse funhouse mirror of warped heroes, is that fair from someone unfamiliar by the book?

Edited by The Natural

Marvel Phase V:

Fantastic Four, November 2024.

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty, May 2025.

Avengers: Secret Wars, November 2025.

---

Now these are big. Fantastic Four back at Marvel Studios and pressure on to get them done right. First Avengers films in 6 years. Secret Wars is one we've all been waiting on!

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Wakanda Forever

Even with Namor and THAT alleged spoiler, Wakanda Forever is not doing it for me. The late great Chadwick Boseman's passing and I really don't want Letitia Wright as the new Black Panther which I expect to be disappointed with.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever poster...

Spoiler

FYZQoSIUEAAvY4k?format=jpg

Shuri in the suit, isn't it? Really was hoping it'd be M'Baku. Would've made for great character development for him and not played by someone with controversy around them. Outside shot it's Nakia.

Edited by The Natural

On 7/23/2022 at 9:44 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

The only way to squash accusations of Marvel fatigue is through brute force. 

Come down off the high, do some more meth, tweak it out, come down, do even more, lather, rinse, repeat: Movie Edition!

Chukwudi Iwuji comes to the GotG3 panel dressed as the High Evolutionary.

People lost their shit.

It took me a minute to realize that Cosmo got gender swapped.

Edited by J.T.

Thunderbolts is going to be a movie?  I was kinda hoping for a series.

I hope that the rumors of Sin / Madam Superior being the villain in Captain America: nWo are true.  it would be fitting for the disillusioned US Agent to become a unwitting lackey of the Red Skull's daughter and then redeem himself by the end of the movie.

Avengers:  Secret Wars and Avengers:  Dynasty of Kang were also announced but are not on that timeline in that picture.

Edited by J.T.

36 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Chukwudi Iwuji comes to the GotG3 panel dressed as the High Evolutionary.

People lost their shit.

It took me a minute to realize that Cosmo got gender swapped.

I hope that’s a swerve