DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And if we have the Beyonder, we're going to have Molecule Man.

Too many badass cosmic types will just water Kang down.  Break with the comics, make Kang a time wizard whose tech may as well be magic, and let him be the architect of Secret Wars instead of the Beyonder.

Yes, it will probably generate more outrage, but nerds are very forgiving when the resulting stories are good and the movies make a killing at the box office.

• Like 1

I'm gonna shoot my shot and say Kang is done by the end of Kang Dynasty, but the events of that movie causes an incursion for the main MCU timeline that leads into Secret Wars and that's the cameo heavy movie that will make Marvel nerds absolutely ruin their pants for 2-3 hours.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say anything involving Battleworld absolutely 100% isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Too many badass cosmic types will just water Kang down.  Break with the comics, make Kang a time wizard whose tech may as well be magic, and let him be the architect of Secret Wars instead of the Beyonder.

Yes, it will probably generate more outrage, but nerds are very forgiving when the resulting stories are good and the movies make a killing at the box office.

Actually, that works. Especially in the context of what Kang was describing to Loki and Sylvie. It would make sense that other Kangs would want to set out to do the same thing, kill other Kangs and universes. And then have Doom somehow steal the power for himself.

And Doom better not be any of the Skarsgard brothers. I don't give a shit how handsome or tall they all are.

Just now, Casey said:

I'm gonna shoot my shot and say Kang is done by the end of Kang Dynasty, but the events of that movie causes an incursion for the main MCU timeline that leads into Secret Wars and that's the cameo heavy movie that will make Marvel nerds absolutely ruin their pants for 2-3 hours.

I'm also going to go out on a limb and say anything involving Battleworld absolutely 100% isn't going to happen.

I can still see Battleworld happening especially if they get the Russos to return to write and direct.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I think we’re going to get the Hickman Battleworld controlled by Doom given everything we’ve seen. You’ve got a Reed trying to stop incursions, Dr. Strange dealing with the Multiverse (he helped Doom create Battleworld), and Fantastic Four coming up right before the last two Avengers movies.

I think that's close, but some of it depends on what Phase 6 looks like. There's so little time between Fantastic Four and the Avengers movies but there's a bunch of different checkpoints on D+ or whatever. If Doom is involved in a lot of those, it works. If not, it's way too soon to pay him off enough.

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Everyone talking about Avengers line ups and forgetting Wang. Sad. Wang is like THE GUY who has been the constant in most of these newer movies and tv shows. 

I don't know who this Wang is, but there is a Sorcerer Supreme called Wong who I think was mostly assumed to be a given he will be involved in some way.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, Eivion said:

Unsure about Spider-man.

Probably not, right?  I mean the sole conceit of No Way Home's ending was that nobody knows Peter/Spider Man.  I hated that because it felt like it was a Sony boardroom directive designed to soft reboot the franchise and move it away from Marvel Studios' stuff.

Multiverse of madness cleared that up a bit, as no one has a clue who Peter is, but Strange and America had a conversation where Spider-Man was brought up, along with Strange's spell.

r/conspiracy on Reddit was having an absolute meltdown when Marvel announced the title of the new Cap movie. It was funny to watch happen. Galaxy brain takes like the elite aren’t even trying to hide it from us anymore, etc. 

My favorite was talking about how the titles Secret Invasion, New World Order and Born Again is obviously the elites of the world telling us their plan for the next few years. Ya nailed it, bub.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

r/conspiracy on Reddit was having an absolute meltdown when Marvel announced the title of the new Cap movie. It was funny to watch happen. Galaxy brain takes like the elite aren’t even trying to hide it from us anymore, etc. 

r/conspiracy is too stupid to digest that George HW Bush clip where he says it. They all need to log off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I'd never thought about but I saw an article saying that The Marvels will be the 33rd MCU movie.

That's a lot of movies. ?

We’re in a world where there’s going to be an Agatha Harkness TV show.