DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Prob more of that thing where they have to mock classicism costumes and names,.

It's James Gunn, man.  The guy who turned Judomaster and Starro into critical threats despite being two of the silliest things ever put into the comics..  No doubt there will be some tongue-in-cheek, but I have to believe that the High Evolutionary will be in good hands.

Edited by J.T.

Trailers for GotG3 and Quantummania leaked online with crowd reactions.

GotG3:

Spoiler

First glimpses of Adam Warlock and the High Evolutionary.

Quantummania:

Spoiler

Marvel incels obviously not happy that MCU Kang does have the helmet with the blue face.  At least not yet.   

Possible sighting of MODOK.  

Scott's adult daughter, Cassie, get her own suit of armor and joins the team.

Bill Murray appears to be the ruler of some sub-atomic realm.  MCU Microverse?

The big takeway is how the tone of the trailers is so serious.  Ant-Man and GotG have both gone Thor in Reverse, starting off light-hearted and now taking a darker turn.

Edited by J.T.

So is Hulk going to the microverse to woo Jarella now that Krylar and the sub-atomic world of K'ai are now a thing?

And since there is a multiverse, can we fucking get a Hulk movie where he fights the Maestro?  We got Evil Doctor Strange so can we get Evil Hulk, please?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

No, because contractually they can't do a solo Hulk movie.

They can under the condition that they approach NBC Universal / Comcast first who will probably say no just to be mean.

I have no real reason to suspect this, but my dark horse for the new Black Panther is Okoye.  She seems suspiciously absent/rarely featured in the trailer, and I can see them giving Danai Gurira the role over Letitia Wright.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I have no real reason to suspect this, but my dark horse for the new Black Panther is Okoye.  She seems suspiciously absent/rarely featured in the trailer, and I can see them giving Danai Gurira the role over Letitia Wright.

Yeah, I could see the Mouse pulling a Gina Carano and shitcanning Letitia Wright in favor of Danai Gurira because of Wright's rather public personal beliefs, but I am fairly certain that the Mouse will stay true to the comics and Shuri will assume the mantle of the Black Panther.

Hopefully they will also stay true to the comics and turn Lupita Nyong'o's character, Nakia, into a villain for a third installment.  The reason for Nakia's heel turn into Malice is right there aka she is jealous of Shuri because she believes that she should have been chosen to become the new Black Panther.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So when do we start taking bets on exactly who's going to be in the Avengers Lineup for Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars?

I mean, besides Sam and Strange.

Carol, Shang-Chi, and Thor also seem like locks.

5 hours ago, Raziel said:

So when do we start taking bets on exactly who's going to be in the Avengers Lineup for Kang Dynasty/Secret Wars?

I mean, besides Sam and Strange.

Is Strange considered an Avenger in the MCU?

Guessing the line-up will be Sam, Rhodey, Carol, Bucky, Shang-Chi, Ant-man, Wasp, and Hulk. I think the "kids" (Kate, Cassie, America, Patriot, Kamala) join as well. Unsure about Spider-man. I assume F4 will be involved despite the name as well.

5 hours ago, Raziel said:

Another thought.. if they're doing Secret Wars, and we already have the Kangs... we're getting Beyonder, aren't we?

If they are going for the Hickman story then I would guess no as its incursion based.

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Is Strange considered an Avenger in the MCU?

After the final battle in Endgame, I consider anyone and everyone an Avenger. M'Baku? Yeah, sure, why not. Pepper Potts? Welcome to the team. Groot? Hell yeah, son.

Realistically, the team doesn't exist right now after Hulk got his shit fucked up, Tony died, Cap turned into an old man, Thor left the planet, Natasha died and Clint is basically retired and training his replacement. Even Cap's Secret Avengers in Infinity War don't exist anymore - everyone is dead, or presumed dead (Wanda, but we know she isn't). The only surviving member is, what, Sam?

These Avengers movies are now Saga closing movies, and won't just randomly happen. My expectation is for them to have everyone involved since it's the cap off to their sagas, so... Daredevil to Kate Bishop to Sam Wilson's Cap. Everyone.

• Like 2

I’m wondering if they retain Kang being a descendent of Reed’s, ignore that, or mix it up by having it be a descendant of Doom.  I can almost see it being the latter, especially going from Kang Dynasty to the presumably Doom-based Secret Wars.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Destin Daniel Creton - who directed Shang Chi - has been named as the director of Avengers: The Kang Dynasty

Didn’t they film Infinity War and Endgame back to back/together? I’m a little surprised they seem to be going with different directors, assuming that’s the case.  

19 hours ago, Raziel said:

Another thought.. if they're doing Secret Wars, and we already have the Kangs... we're getting Beyonder, aren't we?

I hope not.  I'd rather that they somehow make Kang the architect of Battleworld and have him poof in MCU heroes and villains to fight for his amusement.

You could still have the swerve from Secret Wars where Doom tries to screw the Beyonder and have Doom try to buddy up with Kang so that Doom can gain the secrets of time control for himself.  Doom will think he is the smartest man in the room.   Kang will prove him wrong.

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

But we could get Molecule Man.

No.

Edited by J.T.

28 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

But that would mean Jameela Jamill on the big screen in Titania's outfit...

Yeah, but it won't be the purple joint with the spikes and hooker boots from the comics so nerd outrage is likely.

she-hulk-show-Jameela-Jamil-discusses-ho

Jameela is smoking hot in that outfit but I have to admit, I have always been a fan of Titania's Secret Wars gear.  I think Titania's MCU gear looks too similar to Tigress's costume from Gotham.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Everyone talking about Avengers line ups and forgetting Wang. Sad. Wang is like THE GUY who has been the constant in most of these newer movies and tv shows. 

As for the Beyonder, I'm guessing we get him/them at some point and they mash the power level of the Beyonders with him and instead of pitting all heroes and villains against each other, we get a mini version of Hickman's storyline. So maybe a little bit of original Secret Wars and a little bit of new Secret Wars since incursions were already mentioned.

And if we have the Beyonder, we're going to have Molecule Man.