DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

This is off the top of my head, so may not be 100% accurate.

There was a story where the X Men met Doom & Wolverine struck a match off Dooms chest to light his cigar. 

Then, months later, Doom is reviewing his Doom bots and notices the scratch on one of their armor. 

Doom asks why he has a scratch and the Doom bot explains and says he did not attack Wolverine in case Doom might need him later.

So, Doom destroys the Doom bot and says "Doom needs no ones help." (Or such?)

Edit: it's Arcade, not Wolverine. In Xmen 145.

Edited by odessasteps
  • Thanks 1

Eh.  I could see Doom being all Keyser Soze and working through amoral intermediaries to accomplish his goals without getting his hands dirty or showing up in person.  Klaue and Burch were low rent mercs TBH, but they were also pretty good connections when it came to them getting their hands on bleeding edge tech. 

This is why Doom would lower himself to work with those two guys.  Klaue would be Doom's Vibranium hook-up and Burch was the only guy other than the members of the Ant-Man / Wasp crew to have a line on the Pym Particle tech after Darren Cross got his molecules compressed.

I will hazard a guess that Doom has been active the entire time and his little disfigurement incident with Reed Richards happened well in advance of the Thanos saga.   It is also obvious that the FF are a post-Blip team that won't get their powers until the present day in the current MCU timeline.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Log said:

What about Christoph Waltz as Doom?

Wouldn't be my first choice. He went to school with Reed. Plus, the dude just got done playing estranged, evil adopted brother of James Bond version of Blofeld.

EoCOGdbXEAE8UdZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoCQ5JOXYAIkEcr?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 1:58 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

In other news, Adam Scott has been cast in Madame Web. 

Speaking of Madame Web - it has been delayed until October 6, 2023

It had been scheduled for July 7, 2023. 

Why are we overthinking this.  Just make Anthony Starr Doom.

And with the end of Ms Marvel, mutants are on the table in MCU 616 so we're going to have to deal with that eventually.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Why are we overthinking this.  Just make Anthony Starr Doom.

There is a rumor floating about that Starr has been cast as either Dracula or Deacon Frost in the upcoming Blade joint, but it is unsubstantiated.  I'm kinda hoping that they will lean towards either Lilith or Varnae as Blade's BBEG. 

Preferably Varnae now that we know that Atlanteans will be a thing as of Wakanda Forever and the Darkhold is now a thing (or at least it used to be) thanks to Doctor Strange 2.  It would be nice if Blade share continuity with other Phase 4 stuff.

"Dracula" will be Dracula in name only though.  Marvel's Dracula is pretty much Kain from the Soul Reaver games now.  He doesn't have the 1970's Jack Palance look anymore and his abilities have been expanded.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (BP) said:

That’s what happens when company culture is built around mythologizing a founder who believed that labor organizing was a Jewish communist plot against him personally. 

I had to stop and think if you meant Marvel, Disneyor both. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Marvel and Disney adding Deadpool and Logan movies to D+, along with them being at ComicCon on Saturday, and with the resurgence of the rumor for the X-Men movie title ("The Mutants").... hmmm. Odd timing for all this! At the very least, we probably get something about Deadpool 3 this weekend.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:16 PM, odessasteps said:

Color me absolutely shocked that a megacorporation is fucking over creators. That last bit is downright insulting, too. So Marvel isn't a good place for creators and, at least according to Ethan Hawke, possibly directors as well. Yikes.

Those aren’t officially announced (yet), but those are the titles that were filed for trademarks today by Marvel. Interesting they’re going with a Thunderbolts movie instead of a show.

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Sam Elliot is still around. Or go a bit younger with a recast. Or bring in Jennifer Connelly or Liv Tyler and Betty’s in charge for some reason. 

All for Jennifer Connelly. 

• Like 1

Zemo might be the leader, but I think they’ll probably make Val the brains behind the team.

EDIT: other movie titles/characters filed today…

Avengers: Eternity Wars, Captain America: Red, White & Black, Nomad, Celestials: End of Time, Shang-Chi & the Wreckage of Time, Black Knight: Origins and Midnight Sons.

FYI: some of these (and what’s listed above) are probably for comics and other stuff besides MCU related things.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1