DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies (2022)

odessasteps

While we're talking about Wakanda Forever... maybe possibly pretty big spoilers?

Spoiler

Dr. Doom concept art leaked.

vjrmmdcyabb91.jpg?width=560&auto=webp&s=

My favorite from Reddit is "looks like a Marvel Ultimate Alliance loading screen".

He's supposedly the financial backer for Sonny Burch and Klaue. If you don't remember who Burch is, don't worry, I didn't either! It was Walter Goggins' character in Ant-Man & The Wasp.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Casey said:

While we're talking about Wakanda Forever... maybe possibly pretty big spoilers?

Reveal hidden contents

My favorite from Reddit is "looks like a Marvel Ultimate Alliance loading screen".

He's supposedly the financial backer for Sonny Burch and Klaue. If you don't remember who Burch is, don't worry, I didn't either! It was Walter Goggins' character in Ant-Man & The Wasp.

I now have interest in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever...

Spoiler

vjrmmdcyabb91.jpg?auto=webp&s=135d625bbf

Doctor Doom!!! Please do Doctor Doom justice. I'd go for Mads Mikkelsen. Yeah, he was Kaecilius in Doctor Strange but that doesn't matter. When he unmasks, Mikkelsen will be under prosthetics unless it's the small scar route.

Edited by The Natural

Apparently - while doing press for Nope, Daniel Kaluuya confirmed he is not in Black Panther 2 as there were schedule conflicts between the two movies

It's getting hard to keep track of all the people signed or rumored to be signed right now.

I just saw Jon Hamm this morning. I thought Margot Robbie was rumored last week. I've been seeing Javier Bardem. Anthony Starr. Cameron Diaz. Reeves, etc. Given the flurry you almost wonder if they're stacking up for X-Men or what.

I did see the news about Antony Starr possibly playing Dracula in Blade.

As for X-Men, I think I would still prefer that X-Men be a separate series and almost be like Marvel's Star Trek as opposed to a movie franchise. And either way, I would almost prefer the X-Men to not be in the MCU 616.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 4:49 PM, RIPPA said:

Apparently - while doing press for Nope, Daniel Kaluuya confirmed he is not in Black Panther 2 as there were schedule conflicts between the two movies

I will miss Daniel Kaluuya's presence, but W'Kabi should be serving time in a Wakandan re-education camp for high treason so his absence will not be surprising.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's getting hard to keep track of all the people signed or rumored to be signed right now.

I just saw Jon Hamm this morning.

I couldn't find anything about Jon Hamm signing, but he'd make a pretty good Dr. Doom. Victor is supposed to be a pretty handsome dude. Not sure if he has the voice for it, though.

11 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I couldn't find anything about Jon Hamm signing, but he'd make a pretty good Dr. Doom. Victor is supposed to be a pretty handsome dude. Not sure if he has the voice for it, though.

I spoke too soon. The Hamm thing might have just been a clickbait due to him cameoing in a comic.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Is Hamm done shooting Confess, Fletch for Showtime Networks yet?

He was still shooting as of earlier this month.

https://www.telegram.com/story/news/2021/07/07/jon-hamm-confess-fletch-mad-men-worcester-police-station/7881440002/

Movie is released in September. 

Edit: I'm a moron. The article's from last year. Lol

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Jon Hamm may be too cool to play Doom. Yeah, I know that's a weird reason to not cast him in that role.

The guy that's doing Progressive Insurance commercials where he's dating Flo? I think he would be pretty stoked to collect a Marvel Disney paycheck... ?

Oh wait, I thought about it for like 5 more minutes and realize you might have meant as in he is a cool person, like too charismatic and enjoyable...

Edited by christopher.annino

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

The guy that's doing Progressive Insurance commercials where he's dating Flo? I think he would be pretty stoked to collect a Marvel Disney paycheck... ?

Oh wait, I thought about it for like 5 more minutes and realize you might have meant as in he is a cool person, like too charismatic and enjoyable...

Haha yeah, the latter. He’s too likable to be Doom. Plus, I don’t want to hear Hamm constantly try to pull off an accent.

One of my friends had an insane idea that could work if it were possible to keep it a secret. Doom is played by RDJ who skipped over into the MCU 616 from another universe.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 1:41 AM, Casey said:

Hide contents

I would get why he'd maybe work with Klaue, but Burch I do not.

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I would get why he'd maybe work with Klaue, but Burch I do not.

Is he all that picky about the tools he uses? It's not like he'd have seen Burch as an equal or even a partner.

Fair enough. But I'd argue there's room for different interpretations while staying true to the core of the character. I can see him being written as refusing to have anything to do with a buffoon like Burch, but I can also see him being written as pragmatic enough to use the guy for his own means. It would only be if he showed Burch any sort of respect that they'd have gone too far in my opinion.

• Like 2