DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam Pt 2 - 9/24/2021

SirFozzie

Beware, spoilers are out there. I looked at them because I'm not sure I'll be able to watch Friday. But it looks like a good card. Don't be a schmendrick and spoil in plain sight. I guess the mods will decide if we can discuss in spoiler tags.

Confirmed Matches:

Anna Jay vs Penelope Ford

Men of the Year vs Jericho/Hager

CM Punk vs Powerhouse Hobbs

8 Man Tag HFO (Private Party+Butcher and Blade) vs Lucha Bros+Santana/Ortiz)

Elite-SuperKlik (Cole and Young Bucks) vs Cage/Jurassic Express

Archer and Suzuki vs Moxley and Kingston - Light's Out Match

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Quick heads-up if you're going to DVR Rampage: your provider may treat it as two separate 1-hour shows, as ours (Spectrum) is. Something to watch out for.

Yeah, Xfinity did that.  I adjusted my DVR settings to "record all new content" and my DVR is scheduled to record both hours, but I think it will treat them as separate television programs.  I probably should've just extended the original DVR capture by an hour or so.

Edited by J.T.

I've mentioned this at least once but I do find it personally interesting. This is the first time that I've ever followed a wrestling product that I'm not actively seeking out spoilers to taped shows. Over a span of decades. That's true of both Rampage and Dark/Elevation. For the latter, some of that is the sort of surprise of hearing a song on the radio and not knowing what will be next. Finishes usually aren't in question for Dark, but who you will see next might be.

For Rampage though, I think it's a bit of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, I'd rather be surprised while watching. On the other, I don't necessarily care enough about the plot development and actual outcomes to go find spoilers. Or at the least, I don't care enough that I need to know now relative to just seeing it later. It's good that I'm interested enough to want to wait but bad that I'm not interested enough that I actually can wait.

Maybe the promotion as a whole needs more distinct story beats?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SirFozzie said:

Ok, Am I crazy, or did they give Archer and Suzuki way too much in that main? Seemed like 85% of the match was just an extended beatdown.

No, I agree. I’ll be back later for some young bucks slander; now featuring Adam Cole…

6 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I typically don't do Instagram but fuck it. I love Eddie to bits and am so happy to see him get his due. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUOjlMwgWEw/?utm_medium=copy_link

EDIT: Can somebody please help with this post not showing properly? Thanks. 

I don't think it's you, it's from one of the board updates as you used to be able.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I legit had no idea that was Masvidal but the crowd sure did. 

I have no idea who any of the MMA guys and girl were, but that's because I don't give a fuck about MMA. 

Aside from that, I enjoyed the show and hope there will be more 2 hour special editions of Rampage. 

• Like 4