DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

I could be terribly wrong but I'm gonna say the Jerry Flynn/Lex Luger pic is from that Nitro when Russo and Bischoff took over and stripped all thw champs and restarted WCW. Reason being Lash Leroux in the background in street clothes looking particularly douchey. Also its hard to believe Flynn was still there at that time eventhough I was a fan of his. Never realized how big he was until now.

• Like 1

I was at this show. It was completely overshadowed (if the line to get in was any indication) by the death of Dale Earnhardt. I didn't like NASCAR, or care, I was there for Big Poppa Pump. The other people... well, I mean, when grown men are crying, standing in line at a wrestling show... the mood of the crowd is probably going to suck. Even though Nashville crowds suck anyway.

Also, the attendance for this show was so bad that we got moved from nosebleed seats (well, for the Municipal Auditorium, anyway) to ground floor seats, about 6 rows back to the left of the announce table. You can probably see a very young me in the crowd during Jeff Jarrett & DDP's brawl into the crowd.

Posted Image

Where the hell is the Bret and Tanahashi pic from, and what's the context behind it?

Revolution Pro in the UK a couple of weeks ago. Tanahashi vs Marty Scrull was the main event and Bret was making a special appearance at the show and did an earlier Q&A.

Posted Image

• Like 3

I saw a video on youtube a few days ago where Bret was addressing a wrestling crowd in Dundee of all places. The usual cheap pop stuff but I'm fairly sure at one point he said "here in England" before covering/correcting himself. I reckoned if he'd said it once or twice more, it would've been the easiest heel turn imaginable.