DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I hate to say this, but I enjoy watching the Kobe-less Lakers a hell of a lot more than watching Kobe trying to badly fit in in the few games I saw him play in.  Lakers just looked like they were having a blast in the 4th quarter. 

And then Nick Young had to go and slip on some guy's beverage for me to think "Oh F**K, another one down?!?!?!?"

Lakers are 13-13. D'Antoni COACH OF THE YEAR! Nick Young 6th Man of The Year! They beat the TWolves without having a point guard or Kobe. Nick Young played backup point guard or at least attempted to. Nick Young is such a fun player to have off the bench. Kaman even appeared and did a bit out there.

I can't think of too many games last year were I was excited to watch the Lakers with all the injuries and Dwight moping around. Kupchak did a pretty good job patching up this team.

EDIT: Lakers need to just give Nick Young a life-time contract. When he's old, have him wheeled out and shoot contested fadeaway 3s.

Edited by AlfredoE

Remember that very early Kevin Love MVP buzz when the Wolves came out like gangbusters(finally found out the origins of "Gang Busters", btw)? No?  Good.

I hate to say this, but I enjoy watching the Kobe-less Lakers a hell of a lot more than watching Kobe

I might have to put this in my sig for historical purposes.

Brook Lopez out for the season with a broken foot. Same foot he broke in 2011. The hits keep coming for the Nets.

Also saw highlights of Phoenix and Charlotte's comeback victories. Two surprise teams this season. I could see Charlotte being a 5-seed and winning a round out East because someone has to win.

T-Wolves lack shooters around him and Pekovic. I don't think Rubio took a shot last night.  They brought in Mbah a Moute to defend Nick Young, which he did really well, but everyone in Los Angeles knows Luc can't shoot. They sacrificed offense for defense. Shved was the only guy who seemed to make an open outside shot besides Love. 

Watching Kansas-Georgetown and between Jabari Parker, Wiggins and Joel Embiid, if all three enter the draft, there's still no clear cut #1 pick and all are very good. I would not be shocked if Embiid goes #1.

Somehow the Wolves found a bunch of white guys who can't shoot!  Even Love's in the Top 5 of 3PA and has by far the worst %.  Weirdly Gerald Green is #6 in attempts and is shooting 37% for the Suns. You're open for a reason!

I love the new player tracking stats on NBA.com.  Look at Touches per Game.  Love is 5th at 89.4.  There's only 1 other non-guard in the Top 20 and that's Blake Griffin at 79.3 per game.  LeBron, who seemingly does everything on Miami, is at 72.2 per game.  I think I made a crack about how the Bobcats seem to run their offense through Josh McRoberts.  He's at 75.7 per game!!! 

I'm not sure what that means except that he's doing way too much for them and it's probably why he's not as efficient as he could be.

Somehow the Wolves found a bunch of white guys who can't shoot!  Even Love's in the Top 5 of 3PA and has by far the worst %.  Weirdly Gerald Green is #6 in attempts and is shooting 37% for the Suns. You're open for a reason!

I love the new player tracking stats on NBA.com.  Look at Touches per Game.  Love is 5th at 89.4.  There's only 1 other non-guard in the Top 20 and that's Blake Griffin at 79.3 per game.  LeBron, who seemingly does everything on Miami, is at 72.2 per game.  I think I made a crack about how the Bobcats seem to run their offense through Josh McRoberts.  He's at 75.7 per game!!! 

I'm not sure what that means except that he's doing way too much for them and it's probably why he's not as efficient as he could be.

Does that consider the fact that Love grabs like a billion rebounds, though?  It seems like half of their offense is Love grabbing the rebound and outletting to a fastbreak.

Love how ESPN is now using Pau Gasol and the Lakers in every deal as soon as another player goes down. Latest writer suggest the Lakers deal Pau for Brook Lopez.  I would be ok with this if Brook hadn't broken the same foot he did in 2011. We've been thru this song and dance already with Bynum.

I'd do it if the Nets had a 1st round draft pick, but I don't think they have one to offer for at least the next 6-8 years. I'd also do it if Nets took Nash's contract in the deal. It can be bought out (clearing out $6 million) and it would leave about $3 million in the cap next season, but might as well clear out all $9 for next year.

The injuries keep coming as Jeff Taylor of the Bobcats ruptured his achilles and is out for the season.

Does that consider the fact that Love grabs like a billion rebounds, though?  It seems like half of their offense is Love grabbing the rebound and outletting to a fastbreak.

Yeah it does but for example, he grabs 3 more rebounds per game than Blake but has 10 more touches.  Dwight Howard is down at like 59 touches per game.  I'm not really sure exactly what it means but the fact that there are only 2 non-guards in the Top 20 really stood out.

It's absurd how happy seeing that Hornets logo has made me. God it's beautiful. If they're bringing back the purple and teal they better bring back the pinstripes and the greatest court in the history of the league.

0.jpg

Here's the video for the reveal