DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Absolutely pathetic.  I'd bust my ass if my employer offered me an extra $24K incentive, meanwhile Bynum can't even be motivated for $24M.  Hopefully the Clippers or Miami don't reward him for his shitty attitude, though I guess there's no way in hell he'd make even close to that on either team.

I'd like to think that if I owned a NBA team, and someone pulled that shit, I'd bench his ass for the season out of general principle. . . 

Kareem said it best that for all the talent Andrew Bynum has/had, he just isn't into the little (and sometimes repetitive) things it takes to be a great player. That and the knee injuries have taken their toll. I got the sense that Bynum was always into other things besides basketball and didn't really put his all into his career all the time. I think he'd be good on a contending team with a good coach were he wouldn't be depended on for a full season, but would be an asset in the playoffs. I think he'd fit in with Miami or San Antonio as a backup center.

I can almost see Pat Riley getting Bynum for a 12-pack of socks from Cleveland, with Spoelstra sitting him on the bench until it's time to unleash him on Hibbert during the playoffs.

Riley would get a lot of info on Bynum from the Lakers (and also Kareem) too since he still has ties to the organization and really I think Bynum fits better on a team with vets since he kind of does his own thing and older players tend to not worry about that too much and its not like they really need him every game. Heat could use him against Hibbert. Spurs could use him against Howard.

If he joined the Clips, I think the Lakers fans would start a mini-riot since they'd have CP3-Bynum, which was the fallback plan in their mega-deal attempt of adding CP3 and Howard a few seasons ago. Its a good thing David Stern is retiring.

I bet we read the Knicks-Nets mentioned in rumors for Bynum too since that's what they do.

Lakers lost to the Sixers and also keep losing players by the game. I don't think the Lakers have to worry about tanking since the injury bug has hit them to the point were its just going to naturally happen. Wouldn't hurt to get within that top 7 and then maybe get a little help from the ping pong balls!

It will suck if Xavier Henry's injury is serious and I hope it isn't because he's played well and I think he turned the corner into a quality reserve player.

So something I thought about tonight during the Mavs-Twolves game.  Is Kevin Love a MVP candidate?  I say no.  His statline is amazing, but it doesn't lead to wins.  If you are going based on stats alone, you could have made a case for Rondo a couple of seasons.

Gabrielle Union's engagement ring, GOD DAMN. Last one I saw that big came from the corner store and was grape flavored.

Apparently, it's something of a OOPS! MY BAD, I GOT A NEWBORN BABY WITH ANOTHER WOMAN, SO LET ME PULL MY BEST KOBE IMPERSONATION kind of ring.

Wade's baby momma seems a bit more physically suited to Kobe's preference (allegedly).

Gasol-Bynum trade being discussed per ESPN! Bynum would get waived by the Lakers and for the first time in years, Lakers would be under the luxury tax. I think they have to take back one more player and it would be hilarious if it ended up being Earl Clark. Wouldn't mind getting Cavs pick this year! :)

Don't like the deal if they keep Bynum, who's even lazier and has a worse attitude than Howard or Pau by a lot.

Edited by AlfredoE

Either way he wouldn't be around for too long. I only do it if Lakers somehow get a draft pick. Any pick would help over the next 2-3 years. They gave up too many in keeping the team competitive the past 2-3 years.

I can only imagine the Bynum-D'Antoni relationship only lasting 1 game before Drew either complains about not getting enough shots or D'Antoni throwing him under the bus like he's done to many players since joining the Lakers.