DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

Key takeaways are that Orange Cassidy's hands stay in his pockets after he taunts and he can pin people that way, and MJF has a signature headlock takeover with a pin combo

Still some slight jank with collision and AI behaviours (AI taunting to get a finisher which it wastes because the opponent is outside the ring, then winning a match by pinfall after dragging an opponent who had been in a submission for one second before a rope break), but it looks fun

IF there are attribute sliders to be adjusted.  That might be away to cure the “match came to an end on a weak move dilemma”.

Or so it was in my simfed back on 2K18.  A title changed hands on a weak ass kick to the leg to get a pin.  Those early days of the fed were kinda rough.  Fuck that noise.

Ultimately, when I buy the game it’s trial and error until it starts cranking out some good matches.

Yeah, it would definitely help. I'd like to be able to make the matches go a bit longer as well, although I appreciate the intent behind making them quite condensed and bitesize for accessibility.

Also noticed quite a lot of moves have pin combos (though they went unused in the stream) but so far there's still only one slightly awkward regular pin animation unless you're Orange Cassidy.

They mentioned chain wrestling and secret hidden moves in each character's moveset abeing in there I think

someone else can help me out here and post the tweets, but John Blud of Deadlock and Ricky Starks both posted stuff from Fight Forever.

Starks posted the main menu (and there’s a shop tab that is making people nervous because there’s in-game currency seemingly) and Blud posted a picture of the match-up menu between his CAW, MJF and Starks in the Full Gear arena.

I suspect more stuff will come out tomorrow since AEW Games has two panels at the DoN FanFest.

Anyone know if you can add a manager to a team/stable in 2k23? I see Heyman is with the Bloodline in the game, but B-Fab isn't with Hit Row. When I tried to add her, it didn't allow me. I ended up downloading a CAW so she can be used in game too.

New 4 Pillars World Title trailer out for the game. It’s really weird how their edited trailers make the game look bad, but actual gameplay looks really good.

There’s a little 3-4 minute match from the FanFest between Cole as Britt Baker and Negative One as Bryan Danielson out there. Chain wrestling looks really good. There’s also a still image of Brodie Lee from the game, too.

Oh and the Ricky Starks thing I mentioned earlier - it looked like the main menu screenshot he posted was from the game running on the SteamDeck. Hell yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

His figures always look off compared to everyone else too. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s just super difficult personality-wise in whatever scanning process happens these days. 

Just don't talk about his spare tire. I've seen that anger in person. 

To be fair, you can't expect the man to give up Chopped Cheese Sandwiches. New Yorkers love them. As long as he feels healthy, I'm good with Eddie being chunky. Gives him a Dusty Rhodes vibe. 

I picture it more like this (spoiled for a bad Eddie Kingston impression and language):

Spoiler

"What do you mean I have to wear these things? Stay still? You stay still. I'm not fucking staying still. Yeah, I know what happened with the figure. I didn't even ask for a fucking doll. Who do you think I am, Ethan Page? That fucking guy. Oh yeah? So if I don't stay still, my face will be warped? Do you want to fucking tell my mother that the boy that she brought into the world has a warped face? Is that what you want? Yeah, you stay fucking still. I bet Kawada didn't have to put up with this shit."

2022 AEW Jazwares Unrivaled Collection Series 9 #73 Eddie ...
Eddie Kingston is now confirmed to be in Fight Forever! : r/AEWOfficial
Eddie Kingston on Suicide Prevention Month, Hip-hop and More in B/R Q&A |  News, Scores, Highlights, Stats, and Rumors | Bleacher Report

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Shaved eyebrow and clean haircut, TV Ready Eddie style!  We do need scruffy, unkempt Eddie as an alt attire.

Yeah, the thicker beard and longer hair on his head than his usual look suits Eddie.

Edited by The Natural

Technically they didn’t “fix” the model we saw - Uno sent him that screen capture months ago and Eddie posted it on IG last weekend because he saw everyone else doing it. What Uno sent him all those months ago was a model without textures enabled or something - he talked about it on today’s All Elite Arcade.

So it’s not like that was the finished model, they saw the backlash and scrambled to fix it. It’s looked like what we saw today for awhile.

• Like 1

$59.99 for the regular edition (presumably the same across consoles and generations). The Elite edition is 10% off on Xbox, PlayStation and Switch right now, making it $71.99. Regular price for it will be $79.99. Wishlist page is the only thing on Steam currently, no preorder option.

Preorder bonus is… lol, Matt Hardy. Broken Matt and current day Matt.

Season Pass preorder includes various bonus mini games and FTR, Danhausen, The Bunny, Keith Lee and HOOK.

No word on the season pass or anything if you don’t preorder, it’s not included in the add-ons section of any store. Not even sure if these packs will be available for purchase separately.

Edited by Casey