DVDVR Message Board

Rasslin' Video Games

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

I've kinda given up on 2K23. I downloaded a ton of AEW and NJPW wrestlers and setup a Universe with them all and it's just a shit show. It doesn't help that the game is pretty easy even with sliders adjusted. Although it seems like the real solution is to adjust all of the wrestler tendencies, but there's no way I'm spending hours to do that.

For so many years now MLB: The Show have allowed you to download complete rosters and in depth sliders and here we are with this where you can't do any of that. Every game should take a page from their book and just make it as simple as possible to update rosters for whatever you want. It's also annoying to know that Fight Forever is likely not going to have the ability to download CAWs.

I’ve found IconicGames2K OmegamanX44 and WhatsTheStatus for AEW CAWS but need a go to for NJPW, who’s your guy? 

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

For NJPW I don't really have one.

Do you just search by name and then look at downloads or upvotes or is it all about the look or moveset for you? There’s so many different versions of so many wrestlers, it’s hard to pick. 

I had a great match last night with FTR (Iconic2K) vs Imperium, super fun.

1 minute ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Do you just search by name and then look at downloads or upvotes or is it all about the look or moveset for you? There’s so many different versions of so many wrestlers, it’s hard to pick. 

I had a great match last night with FTR (Iconic2K) vs Imperium, super fun.

That's basically what I've done. It seems like it's going to be a little while until someone has a decent list for each NJPW to download. But yeah, I'll search for Okada and then look through the list, but I also try to pay attention to the right hand panel because creators will make a V2 that won't have a fraction of the downloads or upvotes and it'll be a better version of the top rated version. That was the exact case for Okada where one of the top rated ones only had one outfit and maybe not even entrance gear. The V2 had two outfits and entrance gear and a better moveset.

I think the thing I really want to see are people focusing on tag teams. Like there's a bunch of tag teams, but I haven't come across one that have had a tag finisher assigned to a wrestler's moveset. I know there HAS to be a Shatter Machine in the game, but I haven't found it yet, so I went with the Spike Piledriver for FTR. For the Bucks I haven't found a BTE Trigger, but there's DIY's old finisher in there which is kind of like the BTE Trigger and More Bang For Your Buck, which is just called "More Bang" in the game. So I gave the Bucks the More Bang finisher. 

What I really need for the game are decent sliders. I bumped up the difficulty to Hard, which feels too freaking hard. You take one move and you just lay around on the mat for like forever. Last night I played a 3 way match playing as Eddie Kingston against Dax and Black. Dax bodyslammed me, Black hit a finisher or Dax, and pinned him, and I never got up from a stupid bodyslam. I've seen some sliders out there, but they're for the hardest difficulty. I've only been looking at OperationSports though. I'm not sure where else to look for sliders.

• Thanks 1

@Craig H It can be tough to decide, especially when my favorite creators are all doing the same guys. I think 3 of the guys I mentioned all did FTR, the bucks, Kenny, Adam Cole. My default is Iconic2K if several of them have the same. I did Omegaman’s Jay White and MisterFiend’s Briscoes. Who did the Eddie Kingston you’re using? I see Omegaman did Orange Cassidy & I’ll probably DL that. But I agree that no one seems to be specializing in it the way dudes are with AEW. And Status seems on a mission to do alternate versions of every WWE guy instead of non WWE guys.

On 4/12/2023 at 5:52 PM, WholeFnMachine said:

And Status seems on a mission to do alternate versions of every WWE guy instead of non WWE guys.

WhatstheStatus has always been solely about giving players stuff that’s exclusive to MyRise and MyFaction. The MyFaction stuff is found through datamining on PC I believe since a lot of it isn’t released yet (90s DX versions of Shawn and Hunter, classic Kane, etc). So it’s not a surprise that he doesn’t focus on non-WWE people.

I’ll edit this post with the creators I have saved and what they specialize in. I have one guy who had really good Stardom/NJPW creations (might be the same one who had 90s puroresu people too, can’t remember) but then I ran into the 1000 image limit and had to delete my NJPW brand on my AEW universe save.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2023 at 7:59 PM, Casey said:

WhatstheStatus has always been solely about giving players stuff that’s exclusive to MyRise and MyFaction. The MyFaction stuff is found through datamining on PC I believe since a lot of it isn’t released yet (90s DX versions of Shawn and Hunter, classic Kane, etc). So it’s not a surprise that he doesn’t focus on non-WWE people.

I’ll edit this post with the creators I have saved and what they specialize in. I have one guy who had really good Stardom/NJPW creations (might be the same one who had 90s puroresu people too, can’t remember) but then I ran into the 1000 image limit and had to delete my NJPW brand on my AEW universe save.

Hook a brother up with some creators my dude! It seems like for NJPW most guys I pull up look good but the moveset is garbage.

• 4 weeks later...

The achievements list for Fight Forever have leaked.

Seems like the career mode will be called Rode to Elite. Training mini games are included, along with other (weird) things like having dinner(?!?).

CAWs, Create a Tag Team and Create An Arena are in. Maybe more creative modes, but those have trophies attached to them.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Casey said:

Seems like the career mode will be called Rode to Elite. Training mini games are included, along with other (weird) things like having dinner(?!?).

CAWs, Create a Tag Team and Create An Arena are in. Maybe more creative modes, but those have trophies attached to them.

Le Dinner Debonair?

18 hours ago, Casey said:

Training mini games are included, along with other (weird) things like having dinner(?!?).

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Le Dinner Debonair?

my first thought was the Bucks doing the "Wrestlers on the Road ordering Room Service" youtube bit. can't remember if it was a BTE skit or freestanding.

or maybe it's just an obtuse "catering" reference

21 hours ago, Casey said:

As long as one of the mini games is taking Ruby Soho to a convenience store while she's dressed in a beaver suit I'll be happy.

It's an old gag from one of Ethan Page's vlogs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like it’s coming out (relatively) soon…it’s available for pre-install via the Xbox app if you have the app linked to your console.

Of course, getting this garbage app to link with your console and then not mysteriously lose it is another thing entirely.

Edited by Technico Support