DVDVR Message Board

NXT - SPRING 2020

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

I guess it's possible she's not breaking kayfabe if she's featured on the NXT tapings.

That’s true, so I guess they’ll probably wait out whatever they taped, or maybe they shot an angle to explain her eventual disappearance.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Malcolm is going to be managing the challenger for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania '22  (and if Vince bothers to look at an NXT tape in the next 9 months, 2021).

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Malcolm is going to be managing the challenger for the Universal Championship at Wrestlemania '22  (and if Vince bothers to look at an NXT tape in the next 9 months, 2021).

Malcolm was robbed of a massive Full Sail pop for his debut.

• Like 2

Allegedly, there are more aspiring/actual Wrestlers under contract to WWE and assigned to the Performance Centre, than there are lockers IN the Performance Centre. So I can't imagine the stockpiling of talent was actually the original idea.

I mean, if they were actually releasing a ton of people every April like they used to, it would make sense to be signing so many, because talent would be cycling through. 

I originally put this in the 205 Live thread because I forgot it was technically a NXT Title

The format for the interim cruiserweight championship is a mini G1 (or basically any other Japan tournament)

Now, the format for that tournament has been revealed. WWE.com has confirmed the following:

-Eight Superstars will be split into two groups of four.

-Superstars will compete against each of the three other members of their group.

-The Superstar with the best record in each group will advance to the championship match.

-Any ties will be broken by head-to-head record.

-The winner of Group A will face the winner of Group B to determine the new Interim NXT Cruiserweight Champion.

Participants announced tomorrow

Poor Kushida.  Left NJPW, in part, because  it was clear they were never going to move him out of the Junior division...comes to America and gets tossed into an even less respected junior division.  *shrug*

• Like 1

That's a really tight little tournament. Loving the round-robin format and pleasantly surprised that HDF gets to keep his mask. He's a hell of a talent who speaks perfect English- that alone will get him far here.