DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/axs-tv-announces-impact-week-beginning-october-20

AXS TV Announces IMPACT Week Beginning October 20

Bound For Glory will be available on Pay-Per-View in North America at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, October 24 on –InDemand, DISH, DirecTV, Vubiquity, Rogers, Bell, Shaw, Sasktel and around the world digitally via FITE TV

IMPACT Week on AXS TV Schedule:

Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 8 pm ET – IMPACT! on AXS TV
Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 10 pm ET – Talk’n Shop: Full Keg with The Good Brothers
Thursday, Oct. 22 at 8 pm ET – This Is Bound For Glory
Saturday, Oct. 24 at 6 pm ET – Encore Presentation of This Is Bound For Glory
Saturday Oct. 24 at 7 pm ET – Live Countdown To Glory

So apparently the IMPACT Plus service is dying as people's subs run out.  Everything got moved over to FITETv.  And the interface FUCKING SUCKSSSSSSS.

Like, you could break PPV's up by year on the old site, now you have to scroll though EVERY PAGE to backtrack to the earlier stuff.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/anthem-sports-announces-partnership-with-ovw-details-inside

Anthem Sports Announces Partnership With OVW – Details Inside

Anthem Sports & Entertainment sent out the following press release, announcing a new partnership with Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW). The new deal will see OVW Overdrive and OVW TV come to Anthem’s Game+ network. Of course, Anthem Sports & Entertainment is the parent company of Impact Wrestling

I canceled my Impact Plus sub. I hated watching it on twitch and I have to wait too long to watch the episode on it. Plus I've found everything post Slammiversary I have seen to be bad. The card for BFG is not at all intriguing to me. Rich Swann vs Eric Young? Moose vs EC3? I don't care.

• Sad 1

https://wrestlingnews.co/impact-wrestling/impact-wrestling-champion-signs-long-term-deal/

Impact Wrestling champion signs long-term deal

Impact Wrestling has come to terms with Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo on a new deal.

Today it was announced during a media call that she had signed a long-term deal with the promotion. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Last month it was first reported by Fightful Select that the promotion had offered her a full-time contract with the company. At the time, the belief was that the deal would keep her under contract for two years and the financials being increased as the contract went on.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/11/02/kylie-rae-says-she-is-unwell-no-longer-a-pro-wrestler/

Kylie Rae Says She Is ‘Unwell’ & No Longer A Pro Wrestler

Kylie Rae was set to take on Deonna Purrazzo at Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory event, but she didn’t show up. Some of her friends and fans were worried, but she’s okay. Now she has retired yet again.

On her Patreon, where she has 106 subscribers, Kylie Rae announced that she is no longer taking bookings, and she is “truly sorry for the pain I’ve caused and miscommunication, I am currently unwell.” She said that she is no longer a pro wrestler, and she is also taking a break from social media. She also apologized for not making this announcement before her followers could be charged for a new month.

I’m truly sorry for the pain I’ve caused and miscommunication, I am currently unwell.

I’m also sorry that I wasn’t able to get this out before your monthly subscription charge.

I wanted to take this time to say I am no longer a professional wrestler and am currently taking a break from social media. It’s been a very hard decision to make but please understand.
When I am well, I will try to fulfill any obligations that have missed.
During this time, most tiers will not be able to be fulfilled, please feel free to unsubscribe from this membership/PatreonAccount.

Thank you for your understanding. ❤️

• Sad 1

The whole Kylie situation is incredibly heartbreaking.  I always adored her and thought there was a good chance of her going far.  But mental health issues are hard to overcome and I just hope she gets things taken care of.  I do wish she would come back if not as a wrestler then maybe as doing something in a non-wrestling role.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/11/07/njpw-impact-wrestling-partnership-expected-to-grow/

NJPW & Impact Wrestling Partnership Expected To Grow

You never know what can happen in the pro wrestling world. Sometimes companies who were competitors will patch things up. That seems to be the case with Impact Wrestling and NJPW.

The two companies have worked together in the past. There are some who will never forget about how TNA treated Kazuchika Okada. Now it seems the two companies are rebuilding their relationship.

According Fightful, Rocky Romero and Karl Anderson are very confident about the future between NJPW and Impact Wrestling. Anderson said that he feels “by Summer of next year some big things will have happened there.”

The Good Brothers are still close with NJPW higher-ups including Gedo. There was once a time when Gedo asked Anderson to stop saying f*ck so much on television as well.

Romero said that Chris Bey working the Super J Cup is important. It will continue rebuilding a relationship between the two companies. They are taking small steps, but Impact Wrestling and NJPW “are friendlier than they’ve been in a long time.”

• Like 1