DVDVR Message Board

2020 IMPACT Wrestling Thread

Meltzer:

They wanted her to at least come in and drop the title on the 7/18 show. We were told that she offered a big one-date price and whatever the number was, they turned it down and fired her.

Her boyfriend, Daga’s situation is unclear past he is still under contract and they don’t think her situation impacts his situation. He wants to work. The story we were told is that he was very much willing to work the last taping and was willing to try to get out of Mexico but he wasn’t booked and he’s not booked for the PPV and he’s not part of any of the current storylines, if that changes who knows.

It’s been a few weeks since the D’Lo tease, but if they are bringing Aces and Eights back this could be a solid vehicle for a Rusev debut. Similar to how Season 2 of The Wire took you up the distribution chain from the streets, you could play through a couple of months of teases starting with D’Lo, Gallows and Anderson until you reveal Miro as The Greek.

• Like 1

I'm so far behind there's still people in the crowd but I looked at the Slammiversary card and the selling point for the main event being someone recently fired from WWE debuting is the real "old school rules" match.  Instead of saddling Moose with Dreamer they should just put him in the main and make it a KOTM match cause he's actually got a belt.  Should probably put Mack in there too cause he's the only guy on the roster that knows the KOTM rules.

• Like 1

So for one, Kylie is incredibly, incredibly cute.  And by that I mean her smile is infectious and she just seems so damn likeable  I enjoyed the interview and I'm glad things are going much better for her.

So while listening to how much she's loving Impact it made me think that with some of the fuckwits out of there it might be time to tune in and check things out.  I'm starting 3 episodes back to see how things are so hopefully there's enough there for me to maintain interest.  One thing I do like is the acoustics for the empty arena vibe.  It's still preferred to have a crowd but it does sound rather nice when the matches are going on.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So for one, Kylie is incredibly, incredibly cute.  And by that I mean her smile is infectious and she just seems so damn likeable  I enjoyed the interview and I'm glad things are going much better for her.

So while listening to how much she's loving Impact it made me think that with some of the fuckwits out of there it might be time to tune in and check things out.  I'm starting 3 episodes back to see how things are so hopefully there's enough there for me to maintain interest.  One thing I do like is the acoustics for the empty arena vibe.  It's still preferred to have a crowd but it does sound rather nice when the matches are going on.

If you like what you see you should go back further than that if possible. The Shamrock/Sami feud was pretty fun and they did a nice cinematic parking lot fight as part of it. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2020 at 4:03 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm almost surprised NJPW's cool with them working Impact as well as for them.  Don't know if they softened their stance but even when Impact changed the name and was doing much better NJPW didn't want any ties to them at all due to Okada's time there.

Has it been confirmed that they have actually signed with NJPW? Because if not then for all we know this might turn out to be another Omega situation.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/gallows-and-anderson-shoot-on-paul-heyman-what-happened-in-saudi-arabia-aj-styles-heat-with-heyman-vince-mcmahon-and-much-more/

They thanked Impact Wrestling for coming back with the same offer that they offered them last year. Gallows said their Impact deal has a New Japan Pro Wrestling “carve out” and he’s waiting on the DocuSign from Rocky Romero. The deal with Impact is for 2 years. They plan on returning to New Japan and Impact will work around those dates. Gallows said that fans will not believe what Impact has planned for Slammiversary.

1 hour ago, Wee Bey said:

When are wrestlers ever going to figure out that there is one guy who is in charge of everything in WWE and that if you blame anyone else for things that happen to you it's ignoring the guy who is actually responsible?

• Like 1

https://411mania.com/wrestling/backstage-rumor-on-impact-wrestling-signings-tv-tapings/

Today’s Fightful Select on some names that might soon be appearing in Impact Wrestling. According to the report, Impact Wrestling is attempting to sign the Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley). This reportedly included making some major tentative plans for the duo upon returning to the company.

Sabin and Shelley were two major fixtures in TNA throughout the 00s and 10s as both singles stars and their MCMG team. Sabin was previously scheduled to work Impact’s planned TNA show that was going to take place during WrestleMania Week in Florida, but the show had to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Additionally, the Fightful noted that Impact there are several names Impact is looking to bring in for the next set of tapings, several of whom have left WWE.

21 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

If you like what you see you should go back further than that if possible. The Shamrock/Sami feud was pretty fun and they did a nice cinematic parking lot fight as part of it. 

Thanks. I'll consider that though I feel fairly up to speed regarding Slammiversary. Depending on my attention span and time to watch I may check more out of what I missed. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/doc-gallows-i-would-love-see-new-japan-and-impact-form-working-relationship-some-point

Now that Gallows, as well as Karl Anderson, have signed with IMPACT, Gallows is hoping that the company could enter a working partnership with NJPW. Both Gallows and Anderson wrestled for NJPW prior to coming to WWE years ago and they even held the IWGP Tag Team titles multiple times during their time wrestling in Japan.

I think it’s all about keeping momentum. I think there is more tag team championships in the future for us as a team. I think we’ll always be together but we can support each other through a singles run. One for him, one for me. That’s some stuff we’ve been talking a lot about. What we want to do is continue to grow IMPACT. I want IMPACT to continue to grow and get bigger and better so that when our friends are calling us and they got contracts up in other places we can go “hey we can do this for you over here. What do you think? Come jump on board, come have some fun, and come party with us?” I think it would be great. I would love to see New Japan and IMPACT form a working relationship at some point. I think it would be beneficial for both sides and I would really love to see that. Hopefully, (I) can be a part in making that come together," Gallows said.

I caught the last match on Impact since my sister has AXS (watching her dog for a couple days)  But Josh was not shy in bringing up NJPW a few times either.  I get the impression they need New Japan more than the reverse.  But considering Gallows/Anderson have Romero as a best friend I can see the three of them doing their due diligence to make things happen.