DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 7

Dolfan in NYC

Gary Kubiak has announced the end of the Matt Schaub Era. Casey Keenum will start this weekend. Schaub is out.

That's CASE Keenum. Most prolific passer in NCAA history. Graduate of the University of Houston. Looked great in preseason. Unlike Schaub, he can move and throw the deep ball. Also, unlike Schaub, seems to be aware of DeAndre Hopkins's existence.Yates is essentially Schaub-lite; there's no real upside to starting him. We know what he got: a slightly more mobile Schaub.Thank you Durga.

They hit the poor Browns 3 times. Damn.That said, Silly Pussies is just amazing.
As soon as I get to my laptop, I am changing my avatar to Silly Pussies.

I enjoy the Buggery Bandits, Posh Pussies, and Whiskery Growly Cats

I'm gonna confuse so many of my neighbors screaming "Go Posh Pussies!" at 10am this Sunday morning.

• Like 1

If you ever need an example of the core importance of having a strong O-line in football, watch Arizona play either this year or last. The percentage of plays they run on offense that fall apart because of just basic failures in those positions is mind boggling.

Last year they might as well not had an O Line. Both times we played them we were at their QB at the snap of the ball. They aren't much better this year. I hope they drafted O linemen in the last draft or picked somebody up otherwise it was pointless to grab Palmer. 

If you ever need an example of the core importance of having a strong O-line in football, watch Arizona play either this year or last. The percentage of plays they run on offense that fall apart because of just basic failures in those positions is mind boggling.

Last year they might as well not had an O Line. Both times we played them we were at their QB at the snap of the ball. They aren't much better this year. I hope they drafted O linemen in the last draft or picked somebody up otherwise it was pointless to grab Palmer. 

The first rounder they drafted is out for the year and they traded away their LT who promptly is out for the year, so all is well.

Yankee Tossers is brilliant.

On another note, the Panthers are doing what they do, which is not win enough or be good enough to go anywhere, but just be good enough to make sure their draft order isn't too early. Seen a couple people calling them a sleeper as if anyone in the NFC is stopping the Saints. (Yeah, I said it. Terrible defense or no, nobody's stopping NO. SUPERBOWL BOUND. I kinda believe it, but I also think a Broncos-Saints Superbowl sounds amazing so it might be wishful thinking.)

With our luck, that will be the Super Bowl, but Manning and Brees will both go down with injuries late in the Championship games so it ends up being Brock Osweiller vs. Luke McCown and they just run the ball 60% of the time each in a 15-9 battle.

The Skins - who are currently 1-4 - are a 2 1/2 point favorites right now over the 4-2 Bears.

Yup...

Last I saw was 1.5 points, but they're still favored.  Why is that?  Is the threat of a lawsuit over the team name supposed to light a fire under them?

With our luck, that will be the Super Bowl, but Manning and Brees will both go down with injuries late in the Championship games so it ends up being Brock Osweiller vs. Luke McCown and they just run the ball 60% of the time each in a 15-9 battle.

The way this season is going, any exciting team will be hurt and we'll end up with a KC-Sea 9-6 snoozefest. . .

Terrible news.

Rob Gronkowski has been told he has to play football this weekend if he wants to earn a salary.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000265177/article/rob-gronkowski-cleared-to-play-for-patriots

Let's set the over under on the first sunday of December for him getting hurt again; I'll take the over, but just barely. . .

You seem pretty confident that they'll even see the RZ against the mighty Jets. I declare they won't even get there once! They'll win 42-0 anyway.

The Skins - who are currently 1-4 - are a 2 1/2 point favorites right now over the 4-2 Bears.

Yup...

Last I saw was 1.5 points, but they're still favored.  Why is that?  Is the threat of a lawsuit over the team name supposed to light a fire under them?

Most places have it down to a pick'em now.

If you figure the traditional Skins getting 3 points for home field advantage the Bears have always been considered slight favorites I guess.

But I think at the time the line was announced, it was unknown if hurt players were going to play (like Charles Tillman for example) and the Bears have been shaky in games they have won. Like the Giants were driving last week for the win until Eli became Eli.

Plus it didn't help that they made Brandon Jacobs look like Joe Morris for a week

Aww....

According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the combined .090 winning percentage of the 1-4 Vikings and 0-6 Giants is officially the worst such record this late in the season in the 44-year history of MNF.

Terrible news.

Rob Gronkowski has been told he has to play football this weekend if he wants to earn a salary.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000265177/article/rob-gronkowski-cleared-to-play-for-patriots

Let's set the over under on the first sunday of December for him getting hurt again; I'll take the over, but just barely. . .

He isn't Brittle Bob Sanders...

Oh God, what if he's like Brittle Bob Sanders?