Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

I Said, Hey... What's Going On?

Recommended Posts

Nashville declared a State of Civil Emergency, and City Hall was on fire about an hour ago.

Fuck around and find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I dunno, at this point, what do we got to lose putting Ceasar in charge?

We could probably all stand to learn, or brush up on, some ASL, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A0728-F4-E-4-C77-4063-A90-B-EA079663-F42

108-EF6-B3-CBCA-4-F3-D-849-E-9-D6-FE2165

44-A1-EA00-AB17-40-D8-BFC1-85530-BA59-FE

2195217-F-0-B53-4504-B1-F7-ABDD6-B11-A01

E2746-A0-A-D0-F5-4-A5-B-AE09-4-C5255-A52

This morning my wife and I couldn’t be still. We grabbed a broom and headed to Minneapolis, we’re next to it in Hopkins. We stationed ourselves near E Lake st & Chicago Ave. A large effort of people volunteering and cleaning. Started with sweeping glass out of the sidewalks. Then  moved to a blown up building and moved bricks with people into the pit that’s the former building. Clearing out bricks while standing on rubble is exhausting. I’m out of shape and had to tag out of the assembly style line for a much more buff gentleman.

Going down E Lake we were sweeping the parking lot of the former building of the Family Dollar and a lady runs up and says it’s smoking on the opposite side. We leave and warn people. A few blocks away, I forget the street, is a large effort of free food and supplies being handed out. 

I didn’t take any of these pictures, they’re all from FB friends. I just couldn’t bring myself to taking out my phone camera. I don’t want the likes of my fallen home. Seeing buildings blown up and burnt down, next to large groups of people trying to clean it. I’m drained. The first destroyed building we saw was a burned down Popeye’s. The last on our walk was a boarded up McDonalds. When we reached there I was sunburned and her legs were starting to hurt so we turned around.

Tonight I’m afraid a lot of people might die. I want to go back tomorrow and clean, but if there’s too much bloodshed I don’t know if I’ll be able to. I’m afraid to see where we used to live and see if the neighborhood is destroyed. I know the mall my wife would get her hair stuff has been ripped apart. 

I’m tired but I can’t sleep. My apartment building’s doors have wood covering the glass. Driving home from her mom’s all the gas stations were closed. Luckily near my place it was still working and I was able to fill up.

My wife’s asleep. I think I’ll stay up and drink until I pass out. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect storm of events.   Pandemic,  100,000+ deaths from that,  25% unemployment,  everyone wearing masks and police brutality showing up once again and it was never properly addressed... ever.  I vaguely remember the L.A riots of the early 90s,  nothing has changed.  

Oh and also a complete lack of leadership to handle any of this.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$45 in Uber fees to get home tonight because all the buses were rerouted due to riots.

 

Hey rioters, which one of you ass clowns wants to reimburse me all the money I lost today that I couldn't afford to? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Speaking of cash, please chip in to a bail fund if you're able to. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Southside Jim said:

$45 in Uber fees to get home tonight because all the buses were rerouted due to riots.

 

Hey rioters, which one of you ass clowns wants to reimburse me all the money I lost today that I couldn't afford to? 

 

 

 

On 5/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, Southside Jim said:

Bought tickets to Orlando, Florida for next month.  So, so fucking tired of everything here being closed.

 

Looking forward to going to a mall to do some shopping and getting a proper haircut.  Hopefully Universal Studios will be reopened by then, haven't been to Harry Potter World yet.

Motherfucker if you can buy plane tickets to hang out in a mall in a pandemic you can afford a taxi.

Edited by Zimbra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look. I get you guys aren't happy with him, but you're feeding a troll, or at the very least, someone who isn't self-aware of what their comments mean right now. I'd suggest putting him on ignore, moving on, and thinking that you may have put another Ganc or Hoardak. You're not going to suddenly awaken them to see their self-centered comments or whatever.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait....

 

 

 

 

Hoardak *wasn't* Ganc?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ryan said:

One of the worker's in my uncle's group home tested positive for COVID-19. He has to isolate in his room for two weeks. He's got very severe CP and brain damage and is totally confined to a wheelchair and is well into his 60's. If he gets sick, I don't know if he'd survive. I really want to break something with a baseball bat right now.

Oh man, sorry to read this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Motherfucker if you can buy plane tickets to hang out in a mall in a pandemic you can afford a taxi.

I support his Constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness and how he wishes to spend his money is his business, but I do question the wisdom of getting on a plane and then going shopping with a fucking virus about that only people who are recovering from it have the antibodies to combat it.

The pursuit of happiness should not include the freedom to endanger other people with risky behavior.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Raziel said:

Wait....

 

 

 

 

Hoardak *wasn't* Ganc?

Nah, Gancarski could spell and occasionally organize his thoughts (such as they were) into relatively literate postings when not masturbating to his Ann Coulter calendar...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not need that mental image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Craig H said:

Look. I get you guys aren't happy with him, but you're feeding a troll, or at the very least, someone who isn't self-aware of what their comments mean right now. I'd suggest putting him on ignore, moving on, and thinking that you may have put another Ganc or Hoardak. You're not going to suddenly awaken them to see their self-centered comments or whatever.

At the very least someone who seems to have going to the mall and visiting Harry Potter World as their major priorities during a pandemic and a nation on the brink of civil war has problems of a level we can scarcely begin to comprehend. For some reason SJ brings to mind the episode of "Ren & Stimpy" wherein Ren gets the "Happy Helmet" stuck on his head while listening to the "Happy happy, joy joy" song. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I did not need that mental image.

Imagine those hands... On second thought...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think someone who's watched as much Tales from the Crypt as J.T. would already have a pretty good tolerance for imagining Ann Coulter naked...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Oh man, sorry to read this.

Thank you. He's been isolated from family since this thing started. He has 10 siblings and they all would do stuff with him every month to get him out and about, but he's been stuck in there mostly for months. He doesn't have the cognitive ability to do much of anything but watch and listen to stuff and talk with family. He's got tons of issues, but he understands basic things at least and the family can talk to him even if he can only makes sounds. His muscles and body have deteriorated so much in the last 20 years, he'd have to get very lucky to survive getting a full blown case of this. He's never been able to walk or anything, but he could at least get around with a walker and stuff when he was younger. There's literally nothing I can do about any of it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I support his Constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness and how he wishes to spend his money is his business, but I do question the wisdom of getting on a plane and then going shopping with a fucking virus about that only people who are recovering from it have the antibodies to combat it.

The pursuit of happiness should not include the freedom to endanger other people with risky behavior.

Maybe he pursues happiness by not caring about the health and wellbeing of others once he's got his.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*chugging butter beer and waving my wand around the mall, my sorting hat at a jaunty angle*

“Why don’t these protestors understand I can’t be worried about ending hundreds of years of murderous systemic racism, what with all my economic anxiety?” 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Thank you. He's been isolated from family since this thing started. He has 10 siblings and they all would do stuff with him every month to get him out and about, but he's been stuck in there mostly for months. He doesn't have the cognitive ability to do much of anything but watch and listen to stuff and talk with family. He's got tons of issues, but he understands basic things at least and the family can talk to him even if he can only makes sounds. His muscles and body have deteriorated so much in the last 20 years, he'd have to get very lucky to survive getting a full blown case of this. He's never been able to walk or anything, but he could at least get around with a walker and stuff when he was younger. There's literally nothing I can do about any of it.

Never discount the power of positive thoughts and well-wishes. You ARE doing something!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, (BP) said:

*chugging butter beer and waving my wand around the mall, my sorting hat at a jaunty angle*

“Why don’t these protestors understand I can’t be worried about ending hundreds of years of murderous systemic racism, what with all my economic anxiety?” 

They raised the price of cheeseburgers a nickel during this economic crises! I am outraged to the very core of my being!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should get 35 more cats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan said:

You should get 35 more cats.

Good advice no matter what the situation.

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle, Ryan. Just an awful and heartbreaking situation and I hope everything turns out well for your family.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...