DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2019 WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

I always assumed it was supposed to be more of a Dracula sit up but they went with zombie because that fit a little better. Although Vince Russo booking Undertaker as a vampire would've been hilarious.

Well, Ministry Undertaker was pretty close.

• Like 1

Because the first tweet doesn't show, the relevant context is that Gran Akuma and others told him all five people in this random community center were huge Giant Baba fans, and Okada either earnestly believed it or just went along. (I know this isn't a new story, but I never get tired of it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2019 at 3:22 PM, CSC said:

It's wonderful watching these Superstars episodes and watching heels straight up trying to blind and murder their opponents.  No wonder I fell in love with this shit as a kid.

It's funny you say that.  I remember Savage trying to murder Steamboat, Taker trying to suffocate Warrior to death in a coffin, Jake trying to kill Savage with his snake, and Mountie throwing a bucket of water on Bret Hart then trying to electrocute him.  Berzerker trying to stab Taker kinda came off as no big deal in retrospect.  

And I totally remember Taker rolling out of the way.  Are you kidding me?  I'm not risking getting stabbed in the head by accident.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

And I totally remember Taker rolling out of the way.  Are you kidding me?  I'm not risking getting stabbed in the head by accident.

I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm saying in my head that's what I remembered happening.

I know they worked around the horn a bit, but no one on one Taker/Berserker match exists on tape, right? I know there's a tag or two out there. @EricR?

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

S8WGUvf.gif

2004 G-1 is a fantastically brutal G-1 Climax. You got young Shibata(who is the least stiffest), Tenryu(Who needs to kick everybody square in the forehead, and shoot punch people so hard in the nut sack that they end up tapping them on the belly with said balls), Takayama, and Sasaki(Who wrestled so stiffly that Takayama had a stroke). It’s truly a must see in pure wrestling entertainment. The only two disappointments is I can’t find every match in full, since the only thing available to tape traders was the comp tapes that cut down some of the outsider wrestlers matches. It still doesn’t hurt the quality of the matches(actually it might have even helped), but still might upset purest. Also the finals are a little disappointing, because some have speculated that Takayama was going to be one of the finalist. So because of political reasons Tanahasi, and Tenzan wrestled a repeat of their match from earlier in the tournament.

• Like 1