DVDVR Message Board

Shine On - Musicians RIP Thread

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Toby Keith passed away on Monday. He had been diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2022.

"I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."

- The Chicks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

"I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction."

- The Chicks

Y'know, there are people on this board who've lost loved ones to cancer, so maybe you could go fuck off.

• Like 1

Knock on wood, but no musicians died (that we know of) while the thread was locked

Krisofferson pretty much publicly denied the Ethan Hawke version of that "Willie Nelson birthday party" story, although would it shock you if he forgot the argument or if he didn't really care enough to have a public feud.

• Like 2

Sorry to everyone for disrupting the thread. Cancer's hit my family and friends hard, and I'm a little over sensitive about the subject. Again, my apologies.

Edited by mystman
Mispell
  • Like 5

Don't worry about it.  I was being extremely glib and earned that gfy.  Very sorry for your loss, and please believe me when I say it was nothing personal. 

• Like 2

Aw man, this hurts. One of my cherished memories is seeing him in 98 or 99 at a shitty, shitty club in Houston. He made fun of my friends, who were 20, for not having fake IDs and dedicated "Are You Drinkin' With Me, Jesus?" to "the sad sack motherfuckers from the Universjty of Houston who didn't bring a fake ID to my show"

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...