DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Cleveland/Texas/Tampa(?) is the AL Wild Card, winner goes to Boston

Detroit vs Oakland

Cincinnati/Pittsburgh is the NL Wild Card, winner goes to St. Louis

Los Angeles vs Atlanta

Oh please, please, please.... Cleveland/Pittsburgh World Series...

Cincinnati/Pittsburgh is the NL Wild Card, winner goes to St. Louis

Los Angeles vs Atlanta

This isn't actually settled yet.  The Braves win/Cardinals lose tomorrow and Atlanta gets the sad little monster that wouldn't just go to sleep already.

It's actually a pretty big difference I think.  You either get someone whose Ace can't pitch until Game 3, or you get Kershaw, like, 3 times.

Let me just check one thing here...Let's see, is he by any chance left-handeOHMYFUCKINGGODHE'SLEFT-HANDEDNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Minnesota Twins could be the Agents Of Chaos should they happen to beat Cleveland (91-70), as Texas and Tampa Bay (each 90-71) play The Los Angeles Angels Of Anaheim In Orange County Near Disneyland By The Bob Hope Airport Of California From The American League West, and Toronto. 

Of course, even without Minnesota's cooperation The Angels and Rays could finish with identical records and have a play-in for the play-in with Cleveland.  But of course I can't help but hope for the three way dance Wild Card On A Pole matchup if all 3 finish 91-71.

• Like 1

Holy crap will this be a fun baseball week:

Mon: Texax/Tampa Play-in Play-off

Tues: Pitt./Cincy Play-in

Wednesday: Cleveland/????? Play-in

Thursday: N.L series begin: G U A R D I A N S vs. jobber #1 or jobber #2 and Atlanta/L.A.

Friday: A.L. series begin: Boston/ ???? or ?????? or ???????? and Detroit/Oakland

The Sports Lounge 34 September 30, 2013

http://sportsloungeblog.tumblr.com/

0:00-22:00 Drue Aman and Travis Kriens preview the American League playoffs.
22:00-39:35 National League playoff preview and World Series picks.
39:35-51:00 Award winners (Cy Young/MVP/ROTY)
51:00-1:04.30 A look back at our good and bad preseason MLB picks and giving Cano $300 million.
1:04.30-1:26.50 Putting to bad the 2013 Minnesota Twins season and looking at the future.
1:26.50-1:39.16 Some football talk to wrap up the show.

With Latos possibly being damaged goods I have to actually root for Cincinnati to pull off the win tonight since they might have what it takes to win a 1 game play-in but without Latos potentially and Cueto till game 3 that would make it very hard to believe them winning a best of 5 series.

On behalf of Pirates fans, I'd like to thank the Yankees/Brothers Steinbrenner for being cheap-asses and letting us have Russell Martin. The team has lotsa talent but Martin (and also AJ Burnett) really makes a ton of difference.

Also, BATMAN!!!

Posted Image

Impressively loud performance by the PNC crowd.  Really rather glad they'll get at least one more game.

Meanwhile Reds fans again know that unique "just good enough to hope" agony so familiar to all those who have rooted for Dusty Baker-managed teams.

BRING ON THE GUARD....errrm CARDINALS! Wish I was at PNC tonight....the whole city was abuzz all day. This is the first time I've been emotionally invested in the MLB playoffs since Joe Carter hit his walkoff in '93, so I'm pumped for a long, successful run this #Buctober!

I

BRING ON THE GUARD....errrm CARDINALS!

Posted Image

Impressively loud performance by the PNC crowd.  Really rather glad they'll get at least one more game.

Now, that's a better attitude.  Take what you can get. Be aware of your limitations.

Realistic.  Sedate.  Resigned. 

Scraps for all you lovable vagabonds and Urchins!  Hooray!...for now.