DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

and watch Hogan's arm split in half in the process

And his knees would explode like when Kyle got that blackectomy or whatever, in that episode of South Park.

Okay so apparently we have found the line to be drawn in the WWE.   Beheading a reporter with a saw ordered by a foreign leader I don't know we need to "monitor the situation".  Megyn Kelly telling white people that trick or treating in blackface is perfectly normal is TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR and we will not appear on the Today show because of it.

I guess they are adopting the "only accept one really stupid thing at a time" policy.  ?

If this was posted already, forgive me (I scanned about the last two pages and didn't see it):

WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event. Full year 2018 guidance is predicated on the staging of the Riyadh event as scheduled

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

If this was posted already, forgive me (I scanned about the last two pages and didn't see it):

WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event. Full year 2018 guidance is predicated on the staging of the Riyadh event as scheduled

*Price is Right losing horn*

So, who replaces Cena in the World Cup and who takes Daniel Bryan's place in the WWE Championship match?

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bold strategy to go with the "We have to go because we need the money" sympathy card

Picturing Vince in a worn-out suit doing the whole "Alms for the poor" gimmick...

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bold strategy to go with the "We have to go because we need the money" sympathy card

My favorite part to all of this was the WWE announced it within an hour of the KSA announcing it was a premeditated action.  

Monday & Tuesday are going to be the most awkward Raw/SDL's in the company's history. 

Don't think this was brought up till now, Fuck Saudi Arabia event is on the 2nd of November. The UK tour starts in England on the 5th of November with RAW TV taping and Smackdown taping the day after. That travel schedule is nuts.

• Like 1

Oh and in case you were wondering - Vince and George Barrios are refusing to discuss the Saudi show in the conference call basically going with "all our thoughts are in the statement"

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Even for the WWE I'm shocked by how mercenary that statement is.

Just when you think Vince can't get lower, he somehow manages to. I really wonder what the absolute depth is, that he won't even sink to, if there is one.

• Like 1

Love certain FB rubes going on and on about how "they should just all refuse to go, Vince can't fire everyone!" No, asswipe, but he CAN fire them. And they have over 150 contracted male wrestlers (I'll repeat that again, ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY CONTRACTED MALE WRESTLERS) who I imagine would be okay with swallowing their pride and working the show. They could FE the entire lineup for Riyadh and swap in replacements 10 times over if they had to.

If Vince didn't give a shit about Stone Cold just saying adios because of shit booking when he was still wrestling, then he surely isn't going to give a shit if anyone else decides to protest. To Vince, the brand is all there is and everyone else is interchangeable. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, so you're probably asking yourself how I can tie The Cranberries into this fiasco. Let me explain. The album that features "Linger" is titled "Everybody Else is Doing It, So Why Can't We?", much like one of WWE's flimsy excuses for still running this show in KSA. On top of that, we need something beautiful like Delores O'Riordan's angelic voice to detract from this clusterfuck for about 4 1/2 minutes.

• Like 3

A lot of people (on Twitter and elsewhere) will just follow the Trump position of "if we don't go it's bad for the economy and you'll all lose your jobs. " 

As far as which talent could get away with saying "No",  probably just Cena.   I'm guessing if Cena decides to pull out they would let it slide.  If Bryan decides to pull out,  he wouldn't get fired but they'd try to make him suffer in different ways, booking wise, etc.  

• Like 2

Taker could definitely get away with refusing to work - he won't - be he definitely could get away with it.

Bryan probably can because the AJ/Bryan match is an afterthought on the show.

The only match that matters is the Brothers of Destruction vs. DX match since that is the only one the Prince and the fans care about

I mean they (the Saudis) don't care about the "World Cup" just that they are holding a "World Cup" (because somehow that equals Qatar hosting the soccer World Cup)