DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

One More Match Before The Next One More Match: D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels and Triple H) vs Brothers of Destruction (Undertaker and Kane)

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman 

WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs Daniel Bryan

WWE World Cup Tournament: John Cena, Kurt Angle, Seth Rollins, Dolph Zigger, Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, Miz, and Rey Mysterio

Enjoy your night in October, ladies! 

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs Brock Lesnar vs Braun Strowman 

Enjoy your night in October, ladies! 

I guess we know why the women got their own ppv. Fuck this show. 

Besides, Jimmy Rave was the real crown jewel.

• Like 5

The best in the world that doesn't have a chance at a world title shot in years is more like it.

I just hope they don't treat this show like the cultural achievement that the first one was pushed as.   It also showing that secondary PPV shows like Hell in A Cell are becoming less and less important in this company.   Hence the bullshit finish last night to set up a triple threat match at this show

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The best in the world that doesn't have a chance at a world title shot in years is more like it.

I just hope they don't treat this show like the cultural achievement that the first one was pushed as.   It also showing that secondary PPV shows like Hell in A Cell are becoming less and less important in this company.   Hence the bullshit finish last night to set up a triple threat match at this show

This is essentially Tuesdsy in Texas. Even at 11 years old, I was pissed off that everything from Survivor Series was just to set up for for Tuesday in Texas. Like, my mom just bought Survivor Series, she's not going to buy another ppv a few weeks later. Getting a descrambler in 1994 was awesome.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wasn't said a while ago they would actually be allowed to wrestle on this this time?

Considering WWE apologized for showing women in a commercial, I don’t think it’s close. So far there’s only a pretty flimsy implication that exposure to American businesses is the same as exposure to American societal ethics which will, at some undetermined point, lead to adoption of those ethics—cultural capitalism, let’s call it. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess we know why the women got their own ppv. Fuck this show. 

Besides, Jimmy Rave was the real crown jewel.

I still have no idea how Gabe didn't put the Pure Title on Rave. John Walters in the same stable over Rave WTF. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

I still have no idea how Gabe didn't put the Pure Title on Rave. John Walters in the same stable over Rave WTF. 

Shelley and Rave should have gotten the tag titles from Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer, then dropped them to Aries and Strong during the Generation Next vs. Embassy feud. Did we really need Tony Mamaluke and Sal Rinauro as ROH tag champs?

Our friends north of the border could explain better than me but have I already seen folks musing that all the Canadian wrestlers might have issues being allowed to work the show since the relationship between Canada and the Saudis has gone to shit.

16 minutes ago, Thunder Down Under said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if something happens in Melbourne to lead to a HBk/Taker match here. Considering the royal family seem to be marks for 90’s stuff, maybe they’ll even get Nash to be in Michaels corner.

Brothers of Destruction vs. D-X seems more likely. It's an underwhelming way for Michaels' to make his comeback but I guess that blood money is too much to turn down. 

Still wouldn't surprise me if we got a short Michaels run going into 'Mania though. 

• Like 1

Do you think Renee Young didn't even question why she wasn't going to be commentary for this show and just knew?  save herself the trouble of the WWE trying to explain why Coachman or Saxton has to replace her for a major show.  I mean if they get all pissy about woman on pictures promoting a wrestling show imagine how the horror of one actually talking ?

It's not like it'd be a particularly hard corporate speech from Hunter.

"So in order for the company to make X amount of money, which impacts our bottom line and everyone who works here, we need to do Y. We don't like it. It's not about you as a talent. It's a cultural thing. Different cultures feel differently about things and we have to respect that. We think you're doing great, but you'll have to sit this one out. Go get ready for the next one. Again, you're doing great." 

If your boss tells you that. what do you say? Maybe that it's hypocritical or that it sucks. And your boss will nod his head and agree, but just chalk it off to business and that'll be the end of it. At least he praised the hell out of you in the process, right? 

I'm fairly certain neither of them would lose any sleep in the process. 

Maybe it sucks that we're in a world where that's the case, but there you go.