DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE SHIELD IS PURGED - 9/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's true but where is the match quality going to come from?  There needs to be some good wrestling on this show...  it can't get by entirely on nostalgia.  I will assume that Becky and Charlotte are probably facing one another,  so that's good.  

Trish and Alexa could be okay... maybe.  But probably passable at best.  Lita vs. Mickie won't be good.  And Ronda vs. Nikki is heavily rumored.  

Most of the best women;  Asuka,  Ruby, Sasha, Ember etc.  have nothing going on right now. 

And I do agree with @Victator that Trish and Lita should be on the card.  But if this is 3 hours of wrestling that resembles the Bellas tag from tonight....   good lord. 

The MYC Final is high quality match. Charlotte/Becky is likely to be one of their best matches. Not enough idea of what the rest of the card will be to really say what the quality will be. I don't think Natte or Nikki make for a great match for Ronda, but neither should be bad in theory. I wish it was Nia again personally.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Man, I hate it when they make them give open statements like that. It doesn't really answer if they're friends or just have a common enemy.

Nobody wants to be friends with Dolph Ziggler. Drew is just waiting for the right moment to kick his head into the 9th row.

I wouldn't want to be friends with Braun anyway. We've all seen how he tried to worm his way into an engaged woman's pants. If I was Buddy Murphy, I'd club him with a metal baton to the knees, then when he's down, tie a plastic bag around his head, and beat him in the head until the bag fills with blood.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nobody wants to be friends with Dolph Ziggler. Drew is just waiting for the right moment to kick his head into the 9th row.

And maybe I'll be there to catch it.  I'll be at the go home RAW for the Evolution PPV so I have a reason why I'm invested in all this.  I'm guessing Ronda has a big segment on the show, maybe a contract signing or something. They should just make it an all women RAW.  Save the dudes for the dark match when I'm trying to get out of the parking garage. 

I just hope I remember where we parked. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Green Meanie said:

2) Why was Drake with AOP? Is he their manager now? And still the GM for 205?

Drake is their manager. Presumably, he is still the 205 GM. He should wear a tux and carry a cane as a nod to Mr. Fuji. Authors of Pain, Powers of Pain; it's only natural. Come to think of it, the AoP could use some face paint.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wouldn't want to be friends with Braun anyway. We've all seen how he tried to worm his way into an engaged woman's pants.

Please to explain?

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Drake is their manager.

Did I miss a prior segment showing him having history with them or was it just out of the blue?

5 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Please to explain?

Did I miss a prior segment showing him having history with them or was it just out of the blue?

Drake being with the AoP was out of the blue.

I was referring to Braun and Alexa, Team Little Big.

It was nice seeing Gable again and he looked like a boss in the match.  I'm assuming Roode turns on him in the coming weeks and while I don't care about him either way, heel Roode is long overdue.

Was it just me or did the Bellas come of as kind of sarcastic in their segment with Rhonda? I don't see them being turned heels but if they're going to do a Rhonda/Nikki match then one of them would have to play the heel.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wouldn't want to be friends with Braun anyway. We've all seen how he tried to worm his way into an engaged woman's pants. If I was Buddy Murphy, I'd club him with a metal baton to the knees, then when he's down, tie a plastic bag around his head, and beat him in the head until the bag fills with blood.

You'll just make him angry 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Drake said in his promo that he's still the 205 Live GM, but also the AoP manager. Presumably something realised he's one of the best talkers they have, so only using him in 205 wasn't the best idea. I'm hoping at some point theres a six man tag vs the Shield, with Drake as the cowardly cheapshotting manager, which ends with Roman spearing him out of his boots

41 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Question: Did Corbin just send Strowman out there or did he appear on the Titantron, explain himself, anything? I turned back to Raw and all of the sudden Strowman is out there instead.

No Titantron, Cole and Graves talked about how Corbin had some business to take care of (after the phone call with Steph) and since Strowman wanted some competition tonight, there we go.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If the end result of all this is Roman Reigns vs Drew Gulak then I am good with it

I would take that over the Drew we are actually going to see Roman fight (not that I will dislike that one). That said, if we get Gulak vs. Roman at all you have to know it will be a squash.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

The MYC Final is high quality match. Charlotte/Becky is likely to be one of their best matches. Not enough idea of what the rest of the card will be to really say what the quality will be. I don't think Natte or Nikki make for a great match for Ronda, but neither should be bad in theory. I wish it was Nia again personally.

The Evolution promo is a little challenging until after HIAC because the top talents are involved in title matches there, and even when its a foregone conclusion (Ronda retaining over Alexa), they still can't really give them matches for Evolution yet or risk spoiling HIAC. Its a delicate balance.

Also, Ember Moon tagging with Dana felt very random.

Is there any more news on whether or not the women's tag titles are actually going to be a thing? If so I'd think they need to get the ball rolling on that pretty soon so as to crown the champs at Evolution, unless that's something they want to save for Mania.

Speaking of McIntyre vs Roman, I'd have zero problem with them putting the belt on Drew.  He's been great since his return to NXT and his main roster call up.  If they're doing The Shield comeback full time then the three of them can do Shield stuff and will be plenty over and in the main event scene without needing to hold titles.

7 hours ago, Swiftian said:

Seems like a not very well thought through idea having Renee Young on commentary while her husband gets viciously mauled. She has to act all confused and surprised like the other commentators instead of going "WTF are you guys doing? Leave my Dean alone!!”

Renee is a professional.