DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

The Rod Strong and Jack Evans team was ridiculously awesome. It's a shame they were no longer teaming when ROH decided to place more emphasis on the tag division in 2007/2008. Strong and Evans in a series against Briscoes, MCMG's, Steenerico and Kings of Wrestling would have been wonderful.

• Like 1

I've often thought of coming up with a list of the top 20 RoH tag teams to stir up some discussion, but then I'd have to be worried for the lynch mob when I named someone other then the Briscoes as number one.

For whatever it's worth, Strong and Whitmer would probably both have two top 10 teams.

Pretty good turnout for the Collinsville show, said to be around 500(I'm not good at headcounting).  Had a good time, saw a few familiar indy guys working security or doing other stuff.  Preshow match had two Elgin trainees who I hadn't seen before.  Had followed NWA Wildside/Anarchy for a while so it was cool to see Caprice Coleman(he won, too!).  Crowd loved them some A.C.H.; too bad he lost, but I guess Silas is on the PPV in a few weeks.  Caught us off guard when the Tag Title match went on last instead of the ROH Title match.

Caught us off guard when the Tag Title match went on last instead of the ROH Title match.

Makes sense though considering:

1. O'Reilly's ties to the area.

2. A large portion of St. Louis are "Briscoe people", which are not unlike "Hill people".

Scarlett was ring announcer and now has blond streaks in her hair.  I'm depressed(moreso than usual).

Maria was wearing even tinier shorts than usual,  I didn't think that was physically possible.

A friend gave away the Romantic Touch angle before it happened, otherwise I wouldn't have guessed it before the unmasking.

There was some confusion over whether Taven had actually won the T.V. Title since he celebrated with the belt after he won...pretty sure they made it clear that it was a Proving Ground Match beforehand.  Taven did eventually drop the belt and Lethal grabbed it on the way to the back.

Don't know how the turnout stacked up to previous Collinsville shows(it had been a few years since they'd been here) and whether or not the TV show helped things.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on the fence, I'd suggest ordering it because you are all but assured of a good show and will likely get a great show. The tag title match alone will probably be worth your $25.

I loved it. Worth $35? Ehh, maybe not, but that's just the HD price. The main event told a fulfilling story and the streamers fuck up was signs of a great false finish. The show was enjoyable. Liked the Briscoes tag and the Steen/Silas post-match angle was fun. Really excited to see where they go with Elgin as champion, especially considering fans usually turn on babyface champions within six months.

• Like 2

I didn't see most of the first hour but it wasn't bad but it did nothing to make me want to watch ROH again. I thought the Bad Influence match was good and mostly enjoyed what I saw of the main but I thought the ending was flat, like I wanted a little more drama for the pinfall.

I think the fact that Sinclair was able to do a live PPV with not much if any technical issues should be a huge positive for them.  This was a company that had to give up IPPV for a while because they sucked with the quality

Reading the results there is nothing overly exciting except Elgin winning the title.  If you can become a strong champion without saying a single word then Michael Elgin would be a great champ but unfortunately you do need to talk and Elgin makes Tyler Black look great on the mic

I am curious where this Kevin Steen "I only have a few matches left in ROH" thing is going.   No word that he has signed with the WWE yet

It's actually $35 for the HD and I was thinking about getting it but then forgot. Shit. Someone will have to tell me how the quality was for future reference.

I don't know what you're looking at, but it was only $25 for HD on Dish Network for me.

Anyway, I enjoyed the show a lot. There wasn't one bad match honestly. My favorites were the Roddy/Cedric, Steen/Silas and the Briscoe tag. The crowd seemed to be sorta dead for the Tag Title match, but they came back for the main event.

They really stepped it up on the production side of things. The only thing I wish they would fix is the way the light the shows. Other than that it looked really awesome!