DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Crowd at the ROH show tonight was just awful. They just distrupted the entire show trying to get themselves over. During the tag title match some of the assholes were throwing streamers into the ring. It was real telling when they announced last call for beer and there was a mass exodus from the stands. As for the show, besides the main event nothing stood out. Dissapointing show overall.

Yeah, I agree. I did enjoy myself but the crowd was really bad at points. Felt awful for ACH/Alexander. There were two fans in particular that drew a lot of attention away from the wrestlers. I recognize both of them because I sat near them at separate shows. Annoying marks.

I liked the cage match and the main event. Elgin was not over, and should not be champion.

Lots of empty seats. Maybe a thousand folks, or just over a thousand.

Place is way too big for ROH. Honestly, had this been TNA, the pictures of the empty seats would be all over social media. I've personally always wanted to see wrestling in a baseball stadium so I went mostly for that reason (reminds me of the big WWC events in Puerto Rico back in the day).

How was the attendance just curious cuz its a baseball field. and how is wrestling at a baseball stadium? I was at Wrestlemania 19 at Safeco field but that doesnt count.

I'm guessing 1500.... they could probably get away with announcing 2000.

I like outdoor wrestling shows alot- the vibe is fun, especially when you're right next door to the world famous Coney Island boardwalk. That said, GOOD FUCKING LORD that crowd. They made the "last call" announcement and it literally looked like they called for intermission as 500 people RAN for the concession stands. It was the single dumbest thing ROH did all night because the "fans'" collective IQ dropped about 50 points right afterward. I wanted to set those assholes on fire after they completely ruined the Alexander/ACH match and tried to do the same thing for the tag title match.

sabremike: "Maybe they should stop selling streamers?"

Me: "They should stop selling BOOZE."

So when exactly did Mark Briscoe turn into the Cuban Assassin?

Papa Briscoe and the Kingdom were hanging out on the boardwalk before the show. You had to see Maria's reaction when someone walked up to shake her hand. "You're not going to stalk me, are ya?"

Crowd at the ROH show tonight was just awful. They just distrupted the entire show trying to get themselves over. During the tag title match some of the assholes were throwing streamers into the ring. It was real telling when they announced last call for beer and there was a mass exodus from the stands. As for the show, besides the main event nothing stood out. Dissapointing show overall.

When I went to my only ROH show, NYC ROH/NJPW, I noticed this. I was sitting near a dude that seriously tried to start a chant every 15 minutes. It was annoying as hell man.

I could only imagine how bad ECW fans were.

On another note, I have a question. What is the general consensus on Davey Richards by ROH fans? I like his aggression as I see he obviously liked Benoit/Dynamite Kid.

On another note, I have a question. What is the general consensus on Davey Richards by ROH fans? I like his aggression as I see he obviously liked Benoit/Dynamite Kid.

• Like 5

I've given Davey a pass on not understanding basic social shit He's from my state and I know how small Othello is and farm boys from small podunk toys usually don't have a grasp on that type of shit I.E. him not knowing when to keep his mouth shut and not burning bridges and I think that has  alot to do with his lack of ring psychology. 

Davey in tag matches doesn't bother me at all. Davey in short television matches doesn't bug me much either. Davey in a main event role drives me up the damned wall. I think him having access to WWE-style producers to help him lay out his matches better would have been great for him, if he listened to their advice.

Back to ROH, this week's television show was good. Glad Corino was back on commentary, and the ACH/Lethal match was pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...